• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Noshino

NeoUltima said:
Although that stuff has been seen...it's only been in parts. I will not watch it cause I went to experience it in full, rather than watch it in full...if that makes sense.

But yeah...no spoilers in the traditional sense.

Although I don't share the same opinion (its just the first 10 mins of a game that is supposed to last more than 8 hrs :D ), but if that's what you want, then I can understand

But your situation is different, because there are some guys here than want to watch it but simply don't for fear of spoilers...when they are likely to have already seen said parts :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TTP said:
By the way, am I the only one noticing the demo-like "stuttering" when camera pans around? Hope it's just the video (yes, I've downloaded the WMV file).

You can notice it easily before the first fight, for example, when the the camera goes down a path on Gaia and then rotates around Kratos.

Anyone? I'm concerned :(

RavenFox

Banned
TONX said:
You'll only be spoiled if you click on the link. Stop crying.
You just needed to post didn't you? There is a thread dedicated for that link.
mysticwhip said:
When was this thread supposed to be spoiler free?
It was decided to keep this thread spoiler free even if the OP does not state it.

TTP said:
I'm sure it's the vid but Jett has a point.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jett said:
Concerned about what? Only a tardbucket could've thought that this game was gonna hold 60fps.

First of all the video is encoded at 30fps, so you couldn't notice any frame drops between 60fps and 30fs anyway so no, that's not what I'm referring to.

What I'm noticing is something quite different: a constant sequence of little pauses (whatever the frame rate is in-between those pause).

It was pretty clear in the demo, and I'm see it again in this video.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
theignoramus said:
I noticed it and I didnt really care. it was during a cutscene anyway, realtime. any other developer would have done a cg intro, it was ambitious.

It honestly destroys the whole "scale/cinematic" factor to me.

Hopefully it's just the video.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TTP said:
First of all the video is encoded at 30fps, so you couldn't notice any frame drops between 60fps and 30fs anyway so no, that's not what I'm referring to.

What I'm noticing is something quite different: a constant sequence of little pauses (whatever the frame rate is in-between those pause).

The devs already said that the games has frame drops... so ....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
:(

I watched the first two minutes.

66awbkn.gif
FML

:p[/spoilet]

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
StuBurns said:
Watched it, actually not as impressive as I'd have imagined, but looked cool.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

:lol It's odd that while I blame the saturation of in-game media in trailers/previews for lackluster experiences, now that a developer has come out, agreed, and released minimal trailers, I can't help but want to desperately watch the first 10 minutes.

jett

D-Member
TTP said:

I didn't see any stuttering in the german video. Only watched the stream though. The intro is obviously FMV anyway, I don't believe for a second that sequence is running in real-time. :p If it bothers you that much go play some other game.

TTP said:
Ok so I assume everyone is seeing them. God I'm pissed.
Not to single you out, but why are you "pissed" about this? Aren't there 10 million other things that are more important in games than the framerate and steady panning? I don't get why people get so worked up about framerate and other such things. Just play the game and enjoy it. :|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RavenFox said:
Wow calm down man lol

Well, that was the main thing I was totally expecting to have been addressed between the demo and the final release. I mean, it was so blatantly wrong I assumed it was going to be fixed for sure. Now I'm not sure anymore.

Edit - and here you go with the "gamplay > graphics" claims. I know, thank you very much.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:

yeah I noticed the drops, looks like loading stuttering when the engine is purging old data while pulling new assets from the disk, I guess it's the price you have to pay if you don't want your game to sport a 5 GB mandatory install or loading screens. I'm glad the actual gameplay looks really smooth though.

zoukka

CrayzeeCarl said:
Not to single you out, but why are you "pissed" about this? Aren't there 10 million other things that are more important in games than the framerate and steady panning? I don't get why people get so worked up about framerate and other such things. Just play the game and enjoy it. :|

It's not the framerate as a whole. The demo had this annoying stuttering whenever you hit enemies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
zoukka said:
It's not the framerate as a whole. The demo had this annoying stuttering whenever you hit enemies.

That's not what I'm talking about tho. I don't like either, but hey, developers actually wanted it to be like that so be it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
zoukka said:

I'm pretty sure they've - repeatedly - said that this 'slowdown' was a deliberate device employed to heighten the impact of dramatic moments.

I'm not sure if this is what TTP was referring to.

I didn't notice anything like that while watching the vid, my mind was just too agape at seeing what videogames can look like today.

jett

D-Member
TTP said:
Well, that was the main thing I was totally expecting to have been addressed between the demo and the final release. I mean, it was so blatantly wrong I assumed it was going to be fixed for sure. Now I'm not sure anymore.

Here's a protip: fuck off!

:)

StuBurns

Banned
The 'slowdown' during things like impacting an enemy, ripping him in half, opening a box etc are intentional. There is some clearly non-intentional framerate slips. However, it's certainly smooth enough for me. But to act like it's not a legitimate complaint is a little short sighted.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
I'm pretty sure they've - repeatedly - said that this 'slowdown' was a deliberate device employed to heighten the impact of dramatic moments.

Let's not confuse slow motion with stutters tho. The "issue" zoukka is referring to is quick pauses occurring during every impact of the blades. Kinda like in Zelda games.

jett

D-Member
StuBurns said:
The 'slowdown' during things like impacting an enemy, ripping him in half, opening a box etc are intentional. There is some clearly non-intentional framerate slips. However, it's certainly smooth enough for me. But to act like it's not a legitimate complaint is a little short sighted.

And to act like it ruins the scene is completely mental.

StuBurns said:
You know what would be cool? If the engine was programmed in a way where it could detect if it was about to drop in framerate, then it could dynamically go into the "slowdown" mode so it would appear to be intentional. :D

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
And to act like it ruins the scene is completely mental.
Well that's a matter of opinion, I don't care about the performance issues, they're very minor and GoW isn't the kind of game where I feel like I need pin point super responsive performance, for me it's more about the presentation and experience as a whole. However, if you are the kind of gamer that wants that super tight performance, GoW has never been the series for you, expect with the recent Collection maybe.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
zoukka said:
Wow that's the most retarded shit ever.

Excatly. But in Zeldas you don't do 100 hit combos.

Yeah, I know. I'm speechless as well about this decision. I can understand it in theory, but the impact reasoning just doesn't fly when using the blades as you shouldn't feel any impact at all as it should be absorbed by the chains.

It makes sense in Zelda as you are actually using a rigid sword, and it makes sense in GOWIII when using the Cestus gloves. But for the blades... hmm, not really.

Pistolero

Why the fu** can't I watch the video ? Has it been removed ? Because I've been getting an "impossible to view" message ! Anyone would help me spoil my skull, please ?

jett

D-Member
Pistolero said:
Why the fu** can't I watch the video ? Has it been removed ? Because I've been getting an "impossible to view" message ! Anyone would help me spoil my skull, please ?

The gods have spared you.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Pistolero said:

Yeah, seems like they removed it. I have the WMV file. Let me upload it somewhere for you. Any quick file sharing service you'd suggest? (it's 408MB)

Orobi

TTP said:
Yeah, seems like they removed it. I have the WMV file. Let me upload it somewhere for you. Any quick file sharing service you'd suggest? (it's 408MB)

Try rapidshare, but you have to split the file in 200mb archives.
Or send me in other way (ftp?) and I will upload in yt...

Pistolero

TTP said:

Very nice of you my friend. Only problem is...I don't know what the fu** you're talking about ! :lol Computer illiterate to the nth degree unfortunately !
The gods must have spared me as jett suggested. I read someone comment the game wasn't as impressive as he thought it would be...any reply of yours ? I highly appreciate your graphics evaluation of games !

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Orobi said:
Try rapidshare, but you have to split the file in 200mb archives.
Or send me in other way (ftp?) and I will upload in yt...

send me info via PM and u'll upload rightaway

StuBurns

Banned
Pistolero said:
Very nice of you my friend. Only problem is...I don't know what the fu** you're talking about ! :lol Computer illiterate to the nth degree unfortunately !
The gods must have spared me as jett suggested. I read someone comment the game wasn't as impressive as he thought it would be...any reply of yours ? I highly appreciate your graphics evaluation of games !
If you're referring to my post, it's still incredibly impressive for a PS3 game, it's just not the best looking thing on the platform, which the other two games were.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
Mate, try Megaupload! I think they accept large files. :)

Upload started but it's gonna take 2hrs (shitty upload speed here).

I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure if I'll be here to post the link when it's done :(

StuBurns

Banned
Kaako said:
First 10 mins? Aw hell nawwww.
So how awesome was it w/out spoiling anything? lol
Assuming you finished GoW2, and have seen screen shots that have been put out in the last few months it spoils nothing.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Does anyone know where ya can pre-order this in the UK
GOWCE.jpg

BeeDog

TTP said:
Upload started but it's gonna take 2hrs (shitty upload speed here).

I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure if I'll be here to post the link when it's done :(

:( But still, thanks for upping the file for us plebs! I wasn't home so missed out on it. :<

Top Bottom