• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Lince

Banned
TGO said:
quoted for new page

http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=065802

well since it's been available for pre-order @ GAME Spain for almost 2 weeks now it should be available there in the UK for sure? it's the same company I mean.

I pre-ordered (and fully paid) for the "ultimate edition" though the very instant it was listed there, it's been sold out for a while now. I don't know what I'm doing with the huge Pandora Box, maybe some delicious salads for my Greek cousins.

bumpkin

JCreasy said:
Somebody tell me not to watch that 10 minute video please . . . . PLEASE

I'm begging you

SAVE ME
WATCH IT! DO IT NOW!

No, really. I gave in and I have no regrets. It's unbelievable!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Lince said:
http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=065802

well since it's been available for pre-order @ GAME Spain for almost 2 weeks now it should be available there in the UK for sure? it's the same company I mean.

I pre-ordered (and fully paid) for the "ultimate edition" though the very instant it was listed there, it's been sold out for a while now. I don't know what I'm doing with the huge Pandora Box, maybe some delicious salads for my Greek cousins.

GAME UK had the Ultimate Edition but they seem to have completely sold out of them. They don't seem to have the Special edition at all.

Lince

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
GAME UK had the Ultimate Edition but they seem to have completely sold out of them. They don't seem to have the Special edition at all.

yeah I'm thinking of buying this limited edition available in Spain and keeping my ultimate edition sealed and unopened, you never know whether it's going to be a rare collector's item as years go by.

JCreasy

DAMMIT I WANT TO WATCH I WANT TO WATCH!

2m6skua.jpg

ZeroRay

Not watching any new footage is so easy when you write it down, telling yourself not to watch and put it on your desk next to you. :D

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Amazon

only £35
Cool. Seems like the best price so far and it comes with a skin too.

Too bad the Collectors' Edition isn't coming out here. Would've liked the extra skins + challenges + nice cover :p

Halcyon

I broke down and watched little clips here and there of the video. OH GOD. From what I see the framerate issues I had with the demo are not there. Especially when quite a bit was on screen it stayed smooth. Oh god I must have this. No more for me till the 16th.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
Cool. Seems like the best price so far and it comes with a skin too.

Too bad the Collectors' Edition isn't coming out here. Would've liked the extra skins + challenges + nice cover :p

Yeah I would have gone for that if it was available. The "Ultimate Edition" is far too expensive for peasants like us :p

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
nskinnear said:
So tempting...

Just saw this. I am (with expy).
It's in good hands then. I want 1 full post for the boo
ze and celebration of accolades of course

And come now guys, as I said before, in the past we never ever spoiled ourselves too much. The game is less then 2 weeks away and we have Heavy Rain, BFFBC2, FF13, and more to tide us over. Surely you cannot tell me this won't soften the awesomeness. It will. It did with Uncharted 2, BFBC2, and now this if I were to give in which there is no way I am watching more. The trailers should be enough now!

Dogenzaka

Banned
UHHH OMG THAT OPENING.

I'm guessing
when they show the gods of Olympus lined up like that, they're basically showing you the boss-fights ahead of time. Looks like not as many as I was expecting :(

I'm going to be pretty deep into FF13 by the time GoW3 comes out. Atleast, FF13 will make the wait easier :D

Edit: Also, unlike you feeble peasants, I can make myself not watch the opening intro. Tidbits here and there out of context, I'm okay with. But the opening is something I need to be able to experience first-hand. Good luck!

Dogenzaka

Banned
RustyNails said:
I'm going to be pretty deep into FF13 by the time GoW3 comes out. Atleast, FF13 will make the wait easier :D

Edit: Also, unlike you feeble peasants, I can make myself not watch the opening intro. Tidbits here and there out of context, I'm okay with. But the opening is something I need to be able to experience first-hand. Good luck!

I am experiencing the opening first hand. Lol.

No difference from me watching it now than me watching it later, I suppose. It's awesome for me either way.

razielim

Dogenzaka said:
UHHH OMG THAT OPENING.

I'm guessing
when they show the gods of Olympus lined up like that, they're basically showing you the boss-fights ahead of time. Looks like not as many as I was expecting :(

I'm assuming you also need to factor in
Titans. From the footage you know there is atleast one.

The video wasn't that great.

I didn't get that "epic" feeling while watching it. I didn't like how when the gods are up there they are all silent. But I did like when Hades pulled down the blue titan, that was badass. I think he's going to be the best boss battle. He is a good size for a battle. Not huge like Posiedon but not the size of Kratos. Kind of like the barbarian in GOW 2.

Dogenzaka said:
UHHH OMG THAT OPENING.

I'm guessing

There's also Appolo, Hera, and Aphrodite. You encounter all these gods but it's not known if you kill them. I sure hope you do because Athena said "god after god will deny you kratos". I hope the devs kept to that.

Dogenzaka

Banned
ghostofsparta said:
There's also Appolo, Hera, and Aphrodite. You encounter all these gods but it's not known if you kill them. I sure hope you do because Athena said "god after god will deny you kratos". I hope the devs kept to that.

They said there was a sex scene with a god and two other people in the game. They said it would hold plot-relevance, as you use it as a means to gain information. I'm assuming that sex scene involves Aphrodite. I'm not sure if you'd end up killing her, but most likely that would be the case after you have sex with her.

ghostofsparta said:
The video wasn't that great.

I didn't get that "epic" feeling while watching it. I didn't like how when the gods are up there they are all silent. But I did like when Hades pulled down the blue titan, that was badass. I think he's going to be the best boss battle. He is a good size for a battle. Not huge like Posiedon but not the size of Kratos. Kind of like the barbarian in GOW 2.

They are silent because no words need to be said. They've dealt with the Titans before, and they all know what must be done. They can't just let Olympus be taken over by some rogue demigod and the banished Titans. :p

The only thing that still bothers me about this game is how weak some of the GODS appear to be. Helios is god of the SUN..yet he just throws down some weak fire at you and then gets his head ripped off. Come on now..

rhino4evr

Just want to say the framerate or pausing is not why the gow3 demo was weak. It was weak because it just teased you with it's epicness. You never really get to see it until the end of the demo. The scene with the titan and the slingshot was the same canned animation over and over. It looked really stupid. The flight controls were also really stiff

-viper-

Banned
BlueSummers said:
The only thing that still bothers me about this game is how weak some of the GODS appear to be. Helios is god of the SUN..yet he just throws down some weak fire at you and then gets his head ripped off. Come on now..
He was fighting with a TITAN. He got crushed andd was tossed a good mile. Kratos was able to rip off Helios' head off since he was in a weakened state.

Nome

Plus, he's Kratos.

And that was the most amazing 10 minutes of video gaming I've seen, ever.

Painting come to life yo.

BlueSummers said:
Didn't we already go over this fucking bullshit?

I wish I didn't watch that footage because now I am even more hyped. I just wanted the video to keep playing forever and ever...

Wish there was some Achilles but oh well.

Intresting cool little tidbit.

SantaMonicaKen said:
Background/contribution to GoW3 - I've been making games for 13 yrs. My degrees are in architecture and painting. I started working on GoW3 with Christer after GoW1 shipped. While GoW2 was being created we worked on the engine and art pipeline. When GoW3 began, Cory left the project. Stig became Director and I took over as Art Director. My job is to implement Stig's vision. I work with these departments to get it done: Concept, Character Art, SpecialFX, Cinematics, Environment Art and the tech dept.

Stig was a great choice to take over as Director. He is very well respected in the studio, is a hard core gamer and has an amazing drive and passion for making video games. He has put his stamp on the GoW series with #3. I think its the best game in the series - hope you guys agree.

Ken Feldman

Seems like work on GOW 3 already started when GOW 1 shipped.

Egad.... those first ten minutes are batshit crazy. The water effects on
that snake/crab/horse animal
are ridiculous.

Not sure what the gripe is with those little slow-down moments when Kratos is attacking. It just accentuates his bad-asserey. I also loved how the QTEs are no longer in the middle of the screen. Definitely helps to keep the distraction to a minimum.

grumble

Anyone else notice how the bird is flying straight up in the first thirty seconds of the clip, flapping its wings like its flying horizontally?

I have to give it to Stig man, he just took the series and fuckin ran with it!! Everything I've seen and heard about this game has me more excited then I was when they first released the old NES. I really can't wait.

Does anyone know if they gonna put behind the scenes stuff on the disk, or are they just planning that for SE?

-viper-

Banned
KeioSquad2 said:
I have to give it to Stig man, he just took the series and fuckin ran with it!! Everything I've seen and heard about this game has me more excited then I was when they first released the old NES. I really can't wait.

Does anyone know if they gonna put behind the scenes stuff on the disk, or are they just planning that for SE?
How old are you? :p

ZeroRay

KeioSquad2 said:

From what I hear, they have a whole 2 hour documentary on the game disk.

Top Bottom