• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Vans making some Sneakers

joms5

nintendo-vans-sneakers-03_o6lvxb.jpg

I enjoy how rather subtle this one is.

I agree. That's the only one that I may consider wearing. The other ones are gawdy as fuck. I mean they're neat as a collectible but I wouldn't be caught dead in them. FYI, I don't like wearing any gaming apparel. So to each their own.

Willxc123

I agree. That's the only one that I may consider wearing. The other ones are gawdy as fuck. I mean they're neat as a collectible but I wouldn't be caught dead in them. FYI, I don't like wearing any gaming apparel. So to each their own.

What is this one referring to?

joms5

What is this one referring to?

I'm not 100% sure.

Think its tetris.

The only reason why I would disagree is because Tetris isn't a Nintendo IP. All the other shoes are from Mario, Zelda, Duck Hunt or Nintendo owned properties.

EDIT: I take that last statement back. Apparently Nintendo did develop their own version of Tetris. Interesting. Always thought it was by another company. My bad. Could be Tetris.

Vex_

Banned
Yeah Splatoon is a weird omission. Nintendo should just create legit merchandise and release them under the various Splatoon brands.

This is dope though:

nintendo-vans-sneakers-04_o6lvxg.jpg

The only dope ones.

The rest are absolute trash. Might as well not even make em. Garbage. Vans are ugly anyways so eh.

Jockel

Who wears high cut vans?
I do. How is that a thing to dislike?

joms5 said:
The other ones are gawdy as fuck. I mean they're neat as a collectible but I wouldn't be caught dead in them. FYI, I don't like wearing any gaming apparel. So to each their own.
Behold, I wear these at work sometimes:
050211_super_mario_converse_all_star_t.jpg

What I personally can't stand is NES controllers or Hyrule crests.

As a big Nintendo fan who only wears two casual shoes and hasn't bought any in over 6 years the timing is perfect. One of my pairs is on its last life.

The first is one I'm definitely getting. Will go well with my Mario hoodie.

nintendo-vans-sneakers-01_awv5yb.jpg

Mario_Grayscale_Allover1_POP.jpg

I could use a slip-on so the Zelda one would be appreciated.

nintendo-vans-sneakers-04_o6lvxg.jpg

nintendo-vans-sneakers-06_o6lvxt.jpg

I really like the Peach ones but I doubt they sell them in Men's sizes. I wouldn't wear that outside of certain social circles.

I've never been into 8-bit stuff and don't have a strong affinity for the original NES so I hope the rest of the line branches out with more mod interpretations of series.

Though if they released an 8-bit Metroid I'll be forced to buy just like I bought the NES Metroid 3DS theme yesterday because it was the only Metroid theme available.

I honestly feel way more comfortable we are this out in public than game shirts. I never look at people's shoes.

HardRojo

Good fashion sense.
Black soles with that tone of beige can't be good fashion sense.
I get not wearing gaming apparel, I don't do it myself but there are ways to implement them into your outfit without looking goofy, and I believe these shoes are good for that, as long as you know how to complement them with a proper outfit, otherwise they'll just look bad.

As a big Nintendo fan who only wears two casual shoes and hasn't bought any in over 6 years the timing is perfect. One of my pairs is on its last life.
6 years? Seriously? I couldn't go for six months without getting a new pair of kicks.

Amalthea

Banned
I wonder how widely they are going to be distributed. One of the online shops I use has tons of Vans but maybe the Nintendo ones might be too niche/limited.

1upmuffin

So after some searching...

Getting that other Zelda laceless too. That's the best type of stupid. Also need that Donkey Kong Hawaiian (?) shirt.

Will all the shoes really say Game Over on the bottom?

I hope so, it's dumb in a way that is also kinda cool (I want shoes that say Game Over on the bottom).

Anybody have any idea what these collaborations usually cost?

So in my earlier post the last picture seems to show the shoe box. I wonder of this is for the entire line or only the NES one.

I feel the entirety line would be better represented with a simple Nintendo logo on the box.

Perfect for those flying double sidekicks. That way they will remember their game is over.

I hope so, it's dumb in a way that is also kinda cool (I want shoes that say Game Over on the bottom).

I'm totally into it. I'm just not sure how many would be though?

6 years? Seriously? I couldn't go for six months without getting a new pair of kicks.

Also haven't seen less than 15 movies in a theater in my entire life. The last two were those Dragonball Z ones and I went with my sisters for nostalgia.

But I did just spend over a $100 on PS2 games today and plan to spend over $250 in the past few weeks and next few.

Priorities.

AdanVC

Holyyy shiit Nintendo went all in with this Vans collab. Even t-shirts and sandals! Props for that. I want them all!

Top Bottom