• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

Dinjooh

Hmm.. Looking at the studios I guess some of these are potential candidates:

Insomniac Games
Sanzuru Games
SuperBot Entertainment

I don't see any of them as super likely, but eh.

StoopKid

gladbron.png

i dont understand that wouldn't make sense to me, insomniac has repeatedly said they want to own their creations

why would they go back on that

BECAUSE ITS SPIDERMAN!

Cardon

Can we turn on the Bish signal to prevent further hype overload which may lead to shattered dreams?

Harlequin

There are a couple of things the "exciting Tomb Raider news" could be:

Of course, the most obvious TR news that we know is coming (though it doesn't necessarily have to be at E3) is info on Rise's PS4 release. I don't think anyone would call that exciting at this point but then we're talking about Square Enix so I wouldn't rule out that that's indeed what it is.

Another likely candidate is something to do with the franchise's 20th anniversary. They've already revealed some of the stuff they've planned like a book on the franchise's history, an orchestral remastering of the first three games' soundtracks, etc. but they've also said that there's more to be revealed throughout the year (and it'd make sense to keep the big guns in reserve for sth like E3 or maybe just till we're closer to the actual anniversary later in the year) so they may be announcing some of that stuff at E3. I doubt that it'll be a full-fledged game like they did for the 10th anniversary, though. Perhaps a low-budget Lara Croft game or a retail collection with remasters of all TR games, who knows.

Then, of course, there's the possibility of more Rise DLC (possibly even anniversary-themed, though I'm sure quite a few people would be upset if they locked any kind of 20th anniversary content behind a Rise-paywall). I think I remember them saying that they were done after the Baba Yaga stuff but then there've also been hints at them working on something involving Croft Manor so we'll see.

And, of course, Nirolak's theory of Lara Croft GO getting a console port doesn't sound unlikely, either, considering how popular it's proven to be.

viHuGi

Banned
Pretty hyped for MS and Sony Press.

Pretty sure Sony will have more games since they have more studios but MS will come close if everything i´ve read is true.

Still Crash, GoW4 and Last of Us 2 would steal the show, but that is just my opinion.

Turkoop

Banned
Pretty hyped for MS and Sony Press.

Pretty sure Sony will have more games since they have more studios but MS will come close if everything i´ve read is true.

Still Crash, GoW4 and Last of Us 2 would steal the show, but that is just my opinion.

it is really to early for TLOU2, people should be realistic.

Top Bottom