• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official April NBA thread of.... title has been dealt for NY's 2015 first rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
giri said:
He basically wrote an article to say "haha my stats were right" because the spurs are winning again.

Basically. Despite the fact that he spent the entire first half of the season discrediting the Spurs regardless of the stats.

giri

The Crimson Blur said:
Basically. Despite the fact that he spent the entire first half of the season discrediting the Spurs regardless of the stats.

He does this all the time too. Most of his "articles" are him defending his stats using recently hot, or cold, teams. I full expect an article "stats said lakers were going to lose in the first round", if they do.

He must be so insecure and get so much hate directed at his stats.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
His stats also said that the Cavs were a lock for the trophy last season. Probably said that the Mavs would easily handle the Warriors, too. Not to mention that T-Mac was the true heir apparent to Michael Jordan, and not Kobe Bryant. Oops.

Stats are necessary, but damn, they don't need to use them to make shit up on the spot when it defies every conceivable logic.

reilo said:
His stats also said that the Cavs were a lock for the trophy last season. Probably said that the Mavs would easily handle the Warriors, too. Not to mention that T-Mac was the true heir apparent to Michael Jordan, and not Kobe Bryant. Oops.

Stats are necessary, but damn, they don't need to use them to make shit up on the spot when it defies every conceivable logic.

His EIC probably forces him too. Need plenty of articles to make that insider account worth while.

giri

reilo said:

Nah, his biggest claim to fame is that his stats said the Mavs were fakers those few years. No really, he wrote an article 2 weeks ago when the mavs were in a slump going "my stats said it last time, and they say it this time, despite their 13 game win streak!"

Thats pretty much the biggest down fall of him as an "analyst", everything is stats for him, and he's so vain about his precious stats that he writes petty articles every time there's a trend that agrees with them

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Wizards are unlikely to retain guard Randy Foye this summer at the price of his qualifying offer, a league source told the Washington Post.
So they gave up the #5 pick for one year rentals of Mike Miller and Randy Foye. Bravo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
dIEHARD said:
Don't relegate illegitimate children into basketball statistics.

Well ok, you can make a new stat and place it next to turnovers.

???

Vin Baker not equal to Shawn Kemp

Karl Malone almost equal to Shawn Kemp but Karl liked them at around 14 years old.

diehard

Fleer
Blackace said:
???

Vin Baker not equal to Shawn Kemp

Karl Malone almost equal to Shawn Kemp but Karl liked them at around 14 years old.
Honestly though i confuse Kemp and Baker all the time.

Karl had 2 i think, that's like comparing Jeezy with Tupac.

Blackace

dIEHARD said:
Honestly though i confuse Kemp and Baker all the time.

Karl had 2 i think, that's like comparing Jeezy with Tupac.

While Kemp has almost a dozen.. Karl did hit up a 13 year old girl.. so Karl pretty much is unbeatable by all but Mason... and maybe James Worthy..

And confusing Kemp and Baker is more like confusing Jeezy and Tupac,,

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Baker's drunk years lased longer and were a lot sadder than Kemp's fat years.

Kemp has the advantage there.

Blackace

Rodeo Clown said:
Baker's drunk years lased longer and were a lot sadder than Kemp's fat years.

Kemp has the advantage there.

Even fat Kemp was a better rebounder

diehard

Fleer
The Crimson Blur said:
I'm getting confused in analogies.

The fuck you guys trying to say about Jeezy and Pac?
Simple, if having illegitimate children was like rap, Malone would be average like Jeezy and Kemp would be the GOAT like Tupac.

Also, the Jazz are going to go all "Hit Em Up" on OKC tonight.

Jeff-DSA

Is Kirilenko supposed to play? Every time we've played OKC we've been down key players. Okur, Korver, Price, and AK have all missed games against OKC, usually mulitple guys per game. At least if Andrei is out, he should be the only one.

KingGondo

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Simple, if having illegitimate children was like rap, Malone would be average like Jeezy and Kemp would be the GOAT like Tupac.

3-0.

You're playing us at the wrong time, too. We're rested, hungry for a higher seed, and homecourt didn't mean shit last time, either.

Jeff-DSA

KingGondo said:
3-0.

You're playing us at the wrong time, too. We're rested, hungry for a higher seed, and homecourt didn't mean shit last time, either.

3-0 doesn't mean much considering the circumstances. Tonight will be a better gauge than any of the previous games.

I really hope we get OKC first round so we can shut Gondo up. You'd think the Thunder would have won 10 straight titles the way he speaks of them.

Blackace

dIEHARD said:

Now I know you are young when Pac is the GOAT..

Tom Penny

dIEHARD said:

That would be a good analogy if Jeezy wasn't better than Pac and if Pac was the greatest...

Jeff-DSA

My hand has been forced. I switched to a Jazz avatar. Last time I rocked one we made the WCF. I figure it was all me and not the improbable upset of Dallas by Golden State.

This avatar is hideous. Need to find a better one...

diehard

Fleer
Blackace said:
Now I know you are young when Pac is the GOAT..
It's just a widely believed opinion. I'm not really even a big Tupac fan, im a big Aesop Rock fan when it comes to hip hop. But nothing compares to Floyd/Zeppelin for me.

KingGondo

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
3-0 doesn't mean much considering the circumstances. Tonight will be a better gauge than any of the previous games.

I really hope we get OKC first round so we can shut Gondo up. You'd think the Thunder would have won 10 straight titles the way he speaks of them.
3-0 doesn't mean much? We beat you 3 out of 3 times, and two of the games weren't even close.

Somehow, if you win at home tonight against the youngest team in the league, that's justification that Utah is truly better than OKC? After failing to beat that same team three times previously?

Btw, just checked your injury claims. Okur and AK were out in the last game in OKC. Besides that, the only player to miss the previous two games was Korver (and one was a DNP-CD). But I'm sure he would have made a huge difference, I mean he's such a great defender.

reilo

What's with Jazz fans and their victim complex? Do Jordan's push-off game winners haunt you to this day?

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
What's with Jazz fans and their victim complex? Do Jordan's push-off game winners haunt you to this day?
We had a win stolen from us. It has nothing to do with being a Jazz fan or not.

Jeff-DSA

KingGondo said:
3-0 doesn't mean much? We beat you 3 out of 3 times, and two of the games weren't even close.

Somehow, if you win at home tonight against the youngest team in the league, that's justification that Utah is truly better than OKC? After failing to beat that same team three times previously?

Btw, just checked your injury claims. Okur and AK were out in the last game in OKC. Besides that, the only player to miss the previous two games was Korver (and one was a DNP-CD). But I'm sure he would have made a huge difference, I mean he's such a great defender.

Missing Okur and AK would be like you guys missing Green and Sefalosha. Good luck winning road games under that condition. The other game in OKC is just bitterly tainted and you're a blind moron if you want to think otherwise.

Korver is our best outside threat, and he didn't play in two of those games. His DNP was due to injury, regardless of what the box score reads.

I really don't see how you can claim that all three of those games were representative of where the Jazz have been all year. Oh wait, I can, because you're KingGondo.

reilo

dIEHARD said:
We had a win stolen from us. It has nothing to do with being a Jazz fan or not.
But according to Jazz fans, every loss should have been a win that was stolen by some grand force of nature. Hence, victim complex.

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
But according to Jazz fans, every loss should have been a win that was stolen by some grand force of nature. Hence, victim complex.
There might have been some poorly officiated games but i believe that game in OKC was the only game this season where the refs truly decided the outcome of the game for the Jazz.

Jeff, just do a Jazz cheerleader or something. This Okur one is even worse.

edit: here, just crop AK's face out and you got an avatar. Done.

kiriklinkodance.jpg

Tom Penny said:
Jeezy was a joke but Pac is the greatest ever :lol

Yes, he is.

Pac is the GOAT. People get it twisted because they want to seem stylish and cool by having a trendy pick but they just end up looking ignorant.

Jeff-DSA

dIEHARD said:
There might have been some poorly officiated games but i believe that game in OKC was the only game this season where the refs truly decided the outcome of the game for the Jazz.

Yeah, the game was over. It was done and the Jazz were leaving OKC with a win.

Tom Penny

The Crimson Blur said:
Yes, he is.

Pac is the GOAT. People get it twisted because they want to seem stylish and cool by having a trendy pick but they just end up looking ignorant.

Sure. If if lyrics, wordplay and storytelling and things of that nature don't mean anything. Just because you stay in the studio ,smoke trees, drink and then spit the same lame gangsta lyrics so you have 50 songs in a week doesn't mean your the best ;)

reilo

The Crimson Blur said:
Is this a parody of your "George Hill MVP" shtick?

Tom Penny said:
Sure. If if lyrics, wordplay and storytelling and things of that nature don't mean anything. Just because you stay in the studio ,smoke trees, drink and then spit the same lame gangsta lyrics so you have 50 songs in a week doesn't mean your the best ;)

Yeah, Pac's storytelling is shit. Thats why he made Brenda. Yep.

See what I mean when I say it just makes you look ignorant?

Jeff-DSA

George has quite the upHill battle for an MVP award. Heck, good luck even making the all-star roster out in the West.

Tom Penny

The Crimson Blur said:
Yeah, Pac's storytelling is shit. Thats why he made Brenda. Yep.

See what I mean when I say it just makes you look ignorant?

Brenda had a baby is the benchmark for story telling now? You have to be kidding me. I forgot. Pac was the conscious thug. Now it all makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom