• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S: 40% smaller, 2TB, 4K for movies/tv, internal PSU, $300

Hoo-doo

Banned
"If you have actual signs that point to non widespread issues with loud PS4's then go right ahead and share them."

The thing is, we don't know. So there is no need to assume it's not widespread as it is not safe to assume it is widespread. Also I am only paraphrasing users, why are you even bothered?

Because these passive-aggressive non-posts of yours that imply that all PS4 sound like a vacuum cleaner only incites more nonsense posts from both sides.

Let's close this book.

le.phat

According to this thread, several people have a completely silent PS4, even with dust, and present there systems as representative. If it is loud, just clean your PS4 and everything is fine. PS4 is fine. And a beast. And silent.

See?

Salt levels are rising as the Conferences creep closer and closer.

Unrealistic, considering there's a 4K Blu-Ray drive in that thing.

What do you mean 4K blu-ray drive, its just 4K streaming (Netflix etc) is it not?

$299 for a Xbox One with a 2TB drive and 4K streaming seems good to me. I expect Sony to announce the PS4 is now $299 at their conference.

ekim

What do you mean 4K blu-ray drive, its just 4K streaming (Netflix etc) is it not?

$299 for a Xbox One with a 2TB drive and 4K streaming seems good to me. I expect Sony to announce the PS4 is now $299 at their conference.

Has an UHD BD drive. "Starting at $299" - "Up to 2TB" - make your own mind :p

Caayn

Still bigger than regular PS4, even slightly?
I don't know, the PS4 is rather large in the third dimension. In fact it's the largest console I own in that dimension.

xb1-ps4-ps3d0z0b.jpg

It's all a matter of trade-offs. Which dimension do you increase and which one do you decrease.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So then this seems the most logical pricing, correct me if i'm wrong.

Xbox One S 500GB - 299$
Xbox One S 1TB - 349$
Xbox One S 2TB - 399$

Thanks, finding it hard to keep up with threads during E3 :)

Has an UHD BD drive. "Starting at $299" - "Up to 2TB" - make your own mind :p

Good to know thanks.

Apparently it reads 4K blu-ray. It's a system seller for me, I'd be tempter to buy two, even!

The first 4K blu-ray console on the market would be a good move by MS.

TBiddy

Thanks, finding it hard to keep up with threads during E3 :)

The first 4K blu-ray console on the market would be a good move by MS.

Yeah, it moves so fast. Imagine the pace tonight, when the actual conference starts. Also, agreed, I think a large reason of the PS3s succes was due to being the first affordable blu-ray player.

If MS can copy that, I can see them moving a lot of consoles.

c0de

My daring opinion as in sort of already confirmed:

Xbox One S 500GB = $299
Xbox One S 1TB = $349
Xbox One S 2TB = $399

Yeah, it moves so fast. Imagine the pace tonight, when the actual conference starts. Also, agreed, I think a large reason of the PS3s succes was due to being the first affordable blu-ray player.

If MS can copy that, I can see them moving a lot of consoles.

Yeah I bought my PS3 in large part as it was an affordable blu-ray player. If MS have the only 4K blu-ray player until the Neo they could really move some hardware among 4K TV owners.

THE:MILKMAN

My daring opinion as in sort of already confirmed:

Xbox One S 500GB = $299
Xbox One S 1TB = $349
Xbox One S 2TB = $399

If the only difference is HDD size surely the only move here is to go for the $299 model. Assuming external drives are still supported.

Caayn

So then this seems the most logical pricing, correct me if i'm wrong.

Xbox One S 500GB - 299$
Xbox One S 1TB - 349$
Xbox One S 2TB - 399$
Yeah most likely these will be the prices that we're going to hear tonight.

Although I'd rather see the 2TB sku end up with the $299 price tag just so the 500GB sku (if it exists) ends up being cheaper. I'd just plug in more external drives whenever I need more storage.

ekim

I think I should add that 1 or 2 SKUs are releasing later than the other 1 or 2 SKUs for unknown reasons.

The prices most people guess here, are correct.*

Oh and only one SKU includes the vertical stand :p

*things may change in the last minute.

SpotAnime

Don't take this the wrong way, but is Microsoft wanting us to be most excited for ehat is ultimately a media upgrade? What happened to "all about the games"? Isn't this the same mentality that hurt them the first time around?

I mean, insiders prove me wrong, but there's nothing in this HW update to actually improve the gaming experience, right?

So we're getting all excited for 4K streaming and a UHD BD drive...for movies?

I think I should add that 1 or 2 SKUs are releasing later than the other 1 or 2 SKUs for unknown reasons.

Bundled Elite versions, aka Halo 5, I suspect.

JaggedSac

Don't take this the wrong way, but is Microsoft wanting us to be most excited for ehat is ultimately a media upgrade? What happened to "all about the games"? Isn't this the same mentality that hurt them the first time around?

I mean, insiders prove me wrong, but there's nothing in this HW update to actually improve the gaming experience, right?

Console revisions are not new.

ekim

Bundled Elite versions, aka Halo 5, I suspect.

I'm talking about the different size option SKUs. I have no idea about game bundles.

SpotAnime

I'm talking about the different size option SKUs. I have no idea about game bundles.

Yeah - didn't Microsoft originally offer the 1TB versions with game-specific limited console bundles? I'm thinking COD:AW, Halo 5 were 1TB versions when standalone 1TB consoles weren't offered.

Or maybe just a manufacturing thing.

Theonik

This doesn't appear to be 40% smaller.

Where is the source for this leaked image???
40% smaller could be linear but also in terms of volume. Something that is 1/2 the size in linear dimensions is 1/4 in area and 1/8 in volume. Provided the shape is the same, a 40% reduction in volume is only 16% smaller in linear dimensions.

Working back from that and assuming 40% is accurate the comparisons seem fairly close, it also indicates that the S model is further swept back like the PS4.

allan-bh

Microsoft did the same with Xbox 360 S. 250GB in june, 4GB in august.

ekim

Ok, so do you the specs of what's in these systems. Why delay two skus? Is it that one does not have a uhd player?

I don't know the reasons for the delay. The rest of the system is the same across the SKUs. I don't know what chip is inside if you wanted to know that.

Top Bottom