• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Summer classes? Fare thee well, brave warrior!

I worked all 5 semesters of my associates consecutively, so I know the struggle. But I have this summer home free till I transfer to Uni.

I dont know how college works in America. Here, in Portugal, we have 2 semesters, and the second one finishes in June. The exames are in June and first half of July (2nd fase). We have 2 months of summer, it's not bad :p

I dont know how college works in America. Here, in Portugal, we have 2 semesters, and the second one finishes in June. The exames are in June and first half of July (2nd fase). We have 2 months of summer, it's not bad :p

Bleh. Here we wrap everything up in May, and typically return to school around August. It differs across the country.
I graduated college so none of it affects me anymore.

Karl2177

anyone else get this glitch frequently?

normal:

bugged:
It's a way to save time on loading your Spartan. Essentially it takes the rendered model from your previous match and just keeps it loaded. This can cause weirdness when people do stuff to the light map or other color stuff on their map.

Skimmed through it, sounds like the biggest takeaway is ramped up difficulties with WZFF including the new bosses and escalating respawn timers as you complete rounds. Sounds good.

Also, that Sanghelios map looks nice.

So we have to be sweaty in WZFF or our respawn is longer when we die? interesting.

Fuchsdh

He said the Wasp is exclusive to WZ Firefight, I highly doubt it.

Disappointed they didn't add lives per round or skull modifiers.

You'd just end up with people rage-quitting if they died earlier and hosing you for later on. I don't see any way to add that kind of difficulty and make it compatible with a matchmaking mode.

Dangit lol. Neogaf crashed before I could post anything. Was gonna say it looks like some beam rifle variations or skins are coming out too. You can see them at the end of the video. Looks like a cross between the focus rifle from reach and the current beam rifle in halo 5. I'm checking the req preview and you can see the 2 at the bottom, possibly lol, blurred out. Also looks like the temple ghost and temple wraith.
tJmUucu.jpg

You'd just end up with people rage-quitting if they died earlier and hosing you for later on. I don't see any way to add that kind of difficulty and make it compatible with a matchmaking mode.

People rage quit over anything, nothing you can do with spineless people. At least there's an increasing timer for dying. I wish it was tied to the amount you died rather than the round though.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
To clarify some items from that video that might confuse folks.

Warzone Firefight is still 8 players.
The Wasp is not a Warzone Firefight exclusive. It is useable via REQs across all Warzone modes and is a useable vehicle in Forge.
The 3 new maps in the Warzone Firefight update include one for Warzone (also playable in Warzone Firefight), one for Warzone Assault and one for Arena.

The Wasp is not a Warzone Firefight exclusive.

Didn't think so, it immediately came off as if he misread the press release.

Why'd you go with Urban instead of Noctus? The monument seems like a prime location for FF.

link1201

The Wasp is not a Warzone Firefight exclusive.
The 3 new maps in the Warzone Firefight update include one for Warzone (also playable in Warzone Firefight), one for Warzone Assault and one for Arena.
Cool, anxious to see the Arena map.

Moa

The Wasp is not a Warzone Firefight exclusive. It is useable via REQs across all Warzone modes and is a useable vehicle in Forge.

So Warzone Firefight will be playable on all 5 current Warzone maps, and the new Sanghelios map coming out?

singhr1

So Warzone Firefight will be playable on all 5 current Warzone maps, and the new Sanghelios map coming out?

Well based on the video it's:

Darkstar
Urban
New Sanghelios Map

We know its already on A.R.C.

And lybertyboy just said it's also on the new Assault map on Meridian and the new Arena map.

Didn't think so, it immediately came off as if he misread the press release.

Why'd you go with Urban instead of Noctus? The monument seems like a prime location for FF.

Monument might be too easy to defend? That's all I can think of.

This boss update seems badass. Letting bosses get access to REQs is killer, like that one ghost using the gold Temple Ghost.

Boy, does IGN just not have anyone fact check for them? 12 players? Warzone only vehicle? Wtf?

Content looks cool though. Totally called the classic beam rifles!

Moa

Boy, does IGN just not have anyone fact check for them? 12 players? Warzone only vehicle? Wtf?

Content looks cool though. Totally called the classic beam rifles!

Don't forget about the mess they made of the H5 launch playlists announcement.

It looked like they were going to give SWAT two playlists - SWAT & SWAT Magnums. It was so bad, they needed to make an article on Waypoint to clarify.

I really dig the Grunt Goblin, more enemy variety is always welcome and this is the perfect mix of weird and fun. Hope they're a blast to fight! Now how about adding Brutes and/or Skirmishers...

The Wasp has a really cool look to it, and I am happy to see a UNSC flying vehicle hit Halo 5, but I fear it will control just like the Phaeton. I just find the Phaeton to be the least fun vehicle in the entire Halo series.. it just lacks that feeling of momentum and physics that usually presides. Also, I would have liked some passenger seats.. ah well, still excited!

Looking forward to the Lava/Rig remix.. the biggest thing that stops be from coming back to Halo 5 is the lack of weird variety in the Arena maps.. they just all feel a bit samey, stale, and less exploratory. Hope to see that change going forward, whether with Halo 5 or perhaps 6.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to the latest update!

Top Bottom