• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooter kills 9 people in Munich before killing himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Ignoring the surrounding issue for a moment, is such a rebroadcast even allowed?

Not sure, but I imagine twitter/periscope loves it. Just find it worrying during live crises - it's easy for police to spot camera crews at a scene (and push them back if needed), but small cameraphones live streaming? Don't need another Paris.

Europol released their 2015 report on terrorism just this week and 150 out of 151 terror deaths in Europe last year were by islamic terrorists. Odds are pretty good, 99,33% to be exact this attack came from a radical muslim.

Xando

N24 (and Bild) said he may have fled the scene via subway.

That's what the guy talking with a employee of DM in the shopping center said on the periscope stream

Cn-9t8KWEAAZ90F.jpg
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/756534906742775811

meppi

Well fuck.

Heard the same thing from the local "één news". He's still on the run and there are definitely injured, possibly even dead. Although the situation is still very unclear at this point.

NTV is stating 1 dead and 10 injured.... Take this with a grain of salt at this time. :(

This is getting ridiculous.
If this turns out to be another terrorist attack, then MAYBE ... just maybe Brexit was a blessing in disguise.
Well, the UK won't be getting rid of free movement (unless they choose to get rid of access to the single market, which won't happen), so sorry, those immigrants aren't going anywhere, and rightfully so since the vast, vast majority of them are not terrorists or anything but perfectly normal people and fuck this dog-whistle fear-mongering bullshit and using these kind of tragedies to paint entire groups with such a broad brush while ignoring how many terrorists are completely home-grown and how even a complete freeze on immigration wouldn't change a damn thing for precisely that reason. We see you. You ain't cute.

If this turns out to be another terrorist attack, then MAYBE ... just maybe Brexit was a blessing in disguise.
Terrorist attacks have little to do with the EU. If you are talking about Islamic radicalization, that is really not the EUs fault. Those are mostly homegrown terrorists, people who radicalize while they are living in the country already.

The only thing you can blame the EU for with these things is weapons coming in more easily through Eastern Europe. That is a problem.

And we don't even know who did this now, let's wait for the police to do their job and catch the killer first and see what they report afterwards.

Without jumping to conclusions, the least you can say is that Merkel has significantly contributed to the further polarisation of Europe with her reckless handling of the refugee crisis.

Assault

Care to explain how, though? I've honestly been thinking about your comment for a couple of minutes and am still stumped.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Oh, look. Someone who doesn't know how his country works! UK has border controls within EU.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
No fucking way!!!!

I was there just a few days ago...

Speechless...

The amount of shootings and attacks lately seem to be at an all time high, either that or the media is just spending much more attention on it. But I kind of doubt that. It's getting really scary in this world if I'm going to be honest.

We don't yet know if this is terrorism related at all, but when other attacks happened.... 9/11, Paris, Brussels and so on it took quite a while for more attacks but Jesus..... it seems to be happening at least weekly lately. :(

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Now this is getting out of hand, friends and family message me that shootings at Tollwood, Stachus and Odeonsplatz are taking place. Nothing confirmed of course.

GYODX

Regardless of who is at fault, you don't fix shit with right-wing extremism...which is the exact risk here. That does not work and will never work.
The typical leftist response of blaming ourselves and wondering how much more accommodating we could be so that the Muslims living within our borders don't turn to radicalism isn't any more helpful.

I'm hoping this was a German nationalist, though. Don't want to give Trump and his supporters any more ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom