• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

I want greater variety in lighting texture and colors in any one given level.
Not a blue level and a red level and a brown level etc etc.
And please widen the FOV

also, i found this just a while ago and haven't seen it in the last pages (i believe).

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/new-...orytelling-living-up-to-a-spectacular-trailer

ScreenShot_2009_03_21_17341%20small%20CROP.jpg

ScreenShot_2009_03_21_1804%20small.jpg

ScreenShot_2009_03_21_1855%20small.jpg

ScreenShot_2009_03_21_1845%20small.jpg

ScreenShot_2009_03_21_1815%20small.jpg

the pics are small, but they seem new (at least to me)

Mr_Brit

Banned
Seeing as this game picks off directly where KZ2 ended I really hope they explain where the Helghast got their new armada of ships from as in the beginning of the game they say that the Helghast fleet was wiped out by the ISA.

alterno69

Banned
Mr_Brit said:
Seeing as this game picks off directly where KZ2 ended I really hope they explain where the Helghast got their new armada of ships from as in the beginning of the game they say that the Helghast fleet was wiped out by the ISA.

21edzcp.jpg

KZObsessed

We want to make sure that we get the right talent in for those kinds of things, so in terms of storytelling we've gotten in a writer specifically to write the story rather than have some of the guys on the team do it. Let's get somebody fresh in, take a look at the previous games, see what can be fixed, and see where we want to take the story.

Majine

Banned
It is probably because of how far ahead of its time KZ2 was, but I am not as wowed by these screens.

Still looks way better than every other console FPS out there tho.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Can't wait for some multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Seems like they got controls right this time.

I'm sure that hm... let's say not very traditional controls put off too many people the first time. Remember that preorders were like 1.1 million copies in Europe only? Sony bragged about it. And then the demo went up. The game didn't sold even 1 million in the first week as I remember. 2 millions on leaderboards 1.5 years after launch? That's not good for a game of such caliber.

And then the multiplayer wasn't very open for not hardcore people. And the story sucked in general. But the game was still FANTASTIC. That sucks that they seem to get it really right only the second time, because people don't usually give any series second chances easily.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
evolution said:
The helghast troops look a lot more detailed than i remember from K2. Very noticeable

They told in their commentaries to the "bullet" video, that they had some R&D on models detalisation but it was too late to put in the game and they'd put it into the bullet commercial instead.

Mr_Brit

Banned
subversus said:
Seems like they got controls right this time.

I'm sure that hm... let's say not very traditional controls put off too many people the first time. Remember that preorders were like 1.1 million copies in Europe only? Sony bragged about it. And then the demo went up. The game didn't sold even 1 million in the first week as I remember. 2 millions on leaderboards 1.5 years after launch? That's not good for a game of such caliber.

And then the multiplayer wasn't very open for not hardcore people. And the story sucked in general. But the game was still FANTASTIC. That sucks that they seem to get it really right only the second time, because people don't usually give any series second chances easily.

Speak for yourself buddy. Story was leagues above the crap GAF peddles as the pinnacle of epic storytelling e.g. The legend of Zelda.

Robot 492

Banned
Destructoid put their preview up not too long ago: http://www.destructoid.com/killzone-3-stab-a-helghan-in-the-eye-in-3d--174727.phtml

They talked a little bit about the new "Brutal Melee" system:
By tapping the melee button rhythmically, you'll be able to pull off a number of flashy, over-the-top kills based, like pulling out a knife and ramming into a Helghast's eye. The build of the game I played was early, and I only managed to pull off a few different kills -- a knife to the throat, a kick to the face, twisting my blade in the eye of an enemy. But I'm promised that there will be a wide range of these takedowns, some of which will be based on environment considerations, like throwing an enemy onto a table. Guerilla also showed off a video, set to the tune of Velvet Underground's "Venus in Furs" that showed off an ISA soldier kicking Helghast against walls, knocking them back with the butt of a gun, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom