• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Maybe another new character too? Maybe one with teeth and claws?

5d11d7e0-fe84-0133-f1b3-0aacbc4f5d01.gif

Dereck

Tekken 7 is gonna have just as many characters as Tekken 6 before it's all said and done.

And realistically we'll get a release date before the end of the year.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 7 is gonna have just as many characters as Tekken 6 before it's all said and done.

And realistically we'll get a release date before the end of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with more after factoring in post-release support. It's easy to say "we want to have a smaller roster this time" early on, but then to have this looong open development period filled with folks demanding to see their favorite characters every step of the way...

Dereck

It's easy to say "we want to have a smaller roster this time" early on, but then to have this looong open development period filled with folks demanding to see their favorite characters every step of the way...
Do you think that's the reason they keep adding more characters?

The reason for a smaller roster was always to alleviate learning woes out of the gate. If they're serious about post-release support with this verion of Tekken then I'd be kinda OK with the roster getting back up to 45ish characters slowly over time.

Hutchie

I just read the synopsis of tekken 7 storyline and am guessing it means that scenario campaign is canon which is disappointing as jin and kazuya didnt actually fight

Heh heh, Bandeiras in KoF14 is totally biting Raven's style.

He has the knee (it launches and has the same flop too, and you can do double knee in a combo!), the breakdance kick, ff4 and b4,4.

Has enough new stuff too and definitely a different personality so it's not that bad. Still fun to see.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with more after factoring in post-release support.

Harada has been very anti paid DLC characters, so I'm not sure about post-release characters besides TTT2's time unlock on disc characters. Which I appreciate as a buyer, but as a game that needs to stay fresh for the player base may not be the best idea.

joeblow

Only the PS4 version will be at TGS.

Also, my guess is that Namco is holding off on adding certain characters in T7 only to have them pop back up in Tekken x Street Fighter (like what happened with Akuma's absence from SFV).

GrayFoxPL

Hoping that the PS4 version doesn't have those random lag spikes like the arcade version does.

You mean online or offline?

It's gonna be much worse online. Don't they use super no interference connections in arcades? Dudes running shitty wifi while downloading every episode of One Piece still gonna ruin the experience.

I pray for online to not be worse then Tag2. In this generetation not a single FG had stellar online before patches came.

You mean online or offline?

It's gonna be much worse online. Don't they use super no interference connections in arcades? Dudes running shitty wifi while downloading every episode of One Piece still gonna ruin the experience.

I pray for online to not be worse then Tag2. In this generetation not a single FG had stellar online before patches came.

Killer Instinct?

cordy

Banned
So apparently KOF's netcode is good now.

I should have the game by Saturday. Wouldn't mind going party mode with you guys.

Nope.

I'm watching Maximillian play on stream and I kid you not, 3/4 matches have such shitty netcode it's unreal. It was so bad he stopped for a bit. He said it was worse for him tonight than it was on the first day. I've stopped watching so I'm not sure if it fixed itself.

My experience with KoF's netcode after the patch has been very good.

Only one ranked match with poor connection, all the rest was -great-.

Played Numb a bunch too, netcode held up very very well.

Don't think my connection could handle it, but i guess i could upload some matches at least. Hm.

Changed his name to 'Ironfist Sect', you might have seen that guy around a little bit. =D

I thought it was him since he was in SBFP OT as well. Go figure.

EDIT: I will be more than happy to stream fight games, but I don't own KOF XIV

ZeroX03

Banned
I attended a media session yesterday for a bunch of Bandai Namco games here in Melbourne. Of course, Tekken 7 was part of the line-up so I spent all day playing with a co-worker. It was running on a GTX980, settings completely maxed out and my god it looked gorgeous.

I attended a media session yesterday for a bunch of Bandai Namco games here in Melbourne. Of course, Tekken 7 was part of the line-up so I spent all day playing with a co-worker. It was running on a GTX980, settings completely maxed out and my god it looked gorgeous.

Delicious. Looking forward to this on PC.

Dereck

What is your job?

Hyun Sai

Nope.

I'm watching Maximillian play on stream and I kid you not, 3/4 matches have such shitty netcode it's unreal. It was so bad he stopped for a bit. He said it was worse for him tonight than it was on the first day. I've stopped watching so I'm not sure if it fixed itself.

It should have been obvious, given all the positive reports worldwide, that the problem was elsewhere :

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/771646884993572864

Happy to report that any match stuttering tonight in KOF14 was not because of netcode, but because of a TWC outtage. The netcode is great.

----------------------------
I received that PSN message this morning from a IKatsuhiroHarada inviting me in the "HyperKenny's Tekken Dojo :

"Hello my friend!, would you like to join "HyperKenny's Tekken Dojo community please? It's at the bottom of my profile in the community list. It would be really cool if you joined! Please forgive me if my English is not great"

Is this legit ?

sasuke_91

Those vibrant colors! It looks amazing.

I'll have a nice session with a few friends next week. We might be able to stream some matches as well. Got myself into a FT10, so yeah, that might be fun^^

Numb

I'm gonna have to build a beefy PC for T7 at this rate
Nope.

seems like he was the only streamer who had the out of all the ones I checked
Hope it gets better for him cos his views really do bring some people to try the games

I thought it was him since he was in SBFP OT as well. Go figure.

EDIT: I will be more than happy to stream fight games, but I don't own KOF XIV
7597417.jpg

Hyun Sai

seems like he was the only streamer who had the out of all the ones I checked
Hope it gets better for him cos his views really do bring some people to try the games

Yeah he tweeted later it was on his end the problem.

Happy to report that any match stuttering tonight in KOF14 was not because of netcode, but because of a TWC outtage. The netcode is great.

Hmm, yeah I'm not sure about that one

Hmm ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom