• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Orphan/Vagabond falls in with Surrogate Parent/Sibling.
Surrogate teaches orphan Their Ways.
Surrogate/Surrogate's Community is in danger from The Evils/Misfortune.
Surrogate sacrifices themselves to protect Orphan from The Evils/Misfortune.
Orphan vows to carry on Surrogate's Ways so their sacrifice won't be in vain.
Orphan joins Strawhats at some point.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Found the naruto eugenics case album http://m.imgur.com/a/gc6Cc
Surrogate/Surrogate's Organization is in danger from The Evils.
Surrogate sacrifices themselves to protect Orphan from The Evils.
But Sanji was great.

Surrogate/Surrogate's Organization is in danger from The Evils/Misfortune.

I mean, that was Sanji's first set of backstory. THis is before that lol

idk if I have a Sanji Bias or my old school villains nostalgia is kicking in but I am enjoying the Sanji stuff even though I was an advocate hater of Oda flashbacks after they continued to follow the same pattern

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
idk if I have a Sanji Bias or my old school villains nostalgia is kicking in but I am enjoying the Sanji stuff even though I was an advocate hater of Oda flashbacks after they continued to follow the same pattern
Well to be fair, Surrogate character didnt die.
dont tell me he died...

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia 108

YO, THIS CHAPTER

Bakugou! Hagakure's quirk! Iida and Aoyama character development! Birds!

Well to be fair, Surrogate character didnt die.
dont tell me he died...

Nah he is good

Berserk is back on hiatus again until the first half of 2017

latest

mdubs

Banned
I have the first volume of Welcome to the Ballroom (Ballroom e Yokoso) in my hands. It's oversized (ie. Barakamon / Viz Sig sized) and feels oh-so-good.

Also ya boy has his quote on the back :p

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Still going strong. Though i would really like Sanji to have some semblance of a 'victory' soon even if its petty. He's been getting kicked around a lot. Also do the kids know
they're obviously clones too?

Boku no heroOh yay, everyone passed.

One Punch Manhuh... they are setting up some really interesting questions that don't really matter until waaaaaay later. But all is forgiven cause that shot of Metal Knight being hung from the chains was so cool and
WHO THE HELL IS THAT? HE WASN'T IN THE WEBCOMIC!!

OPM 66

Look at who we have here. Very interesting ending.

My Hero Academia 108

Nice team work by the rest of class 1-A. Chocobro couldnt be more edgy lol.

upandaway

Hero Academia

Uraraka gonna rock this one (I guess the old dudes will play the victims and be extra annoying on purpose). Deku should do really well too, actually most of the UA students have good rescue quirks

I wonder who's that last 1 who passed along with the 9 UA students

Jump Issue 43 Rankings

1. Boku no Hero Academia
2. One Piece
3. Black Clover
4. The Promised Neverland (First Ranking)
5. Shokugeki no Soma
6. Haikyuu!!
7. Toriko
8. Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜
9. World Trigger
10. Kimetsu no Yaiba
11. Samon-kun wa Summoner
12. Hinomaru Zumou
13. Takuan and Batsu’s Daily Demon Diary

Take aways: Good start for TPN, lets see how the first five chapters hold up ranking wise. Yaiba, Samon and Dance have all been creeping and staying towards the bottom of the pack as of late, I'm going to assume Dance will be killed off if only one does get axed (oldest and weakest volume seller). Hinomaru is in a really odd spot, its lost its ability to maintain its usual top 5 spot and this week in particular has been the worse spot ever for the series this year (previous worst 11th out of 15th). I could see this get the axe, the series has been selling quite horrid for the genre as a Jump manga, with volumes hitting around 20K for its first week sales. And Batsu....its dead jim.

Hero Academia 108

everyone from U.A passed

all of them... well it would've mean more interesting if some failed but maybe with the next test to actually spice things up

OPM 66

A bunch of changes due to this filler arc when compared to the webcomic but I see what they're doing

some things will help for the future later arcs to come

especially the whole "The strong will survive" bit

bobohoro

One Piece 840

The hate and rage is strong with this arc.
Can't wait for Sanji to finally not get beaten (how many times in a row did he go down now?) and kick all of their asses. I'd even be fine with him getting to fight all of his family.

Soma 184

While predictable, that was still one of the better moments of the current arc.

Tomo-chan 422

Oh my.
So his issues run deeper.
He's still a dummy.

Zweizer

Banned
One-Punch Man ch66

Didn't expect to sympathize with Sneck. I wonder if this villain will crash the tournament.

My Hero Academia 108

So they all passed somehow. They have strong teamwork and unity, that's for sure.

Revo

Piano no Mori 222

All the attention in the world he is getting on stage and all he wants to do is seek out ajino. What a true foster father.

Surrogate/Surrogate's Community is in danger from The Evils/Misfortune.

I've been telling you guys for years that One Piece is a mad lib.

Jump Issue 43 Rankings

1. Boku no Hero Academia
2. One Piece
3. Black Clover
4. The Promised Neverland (First Ranking)
5. Shokugeki no Soma
6. Haikyuu!!
7. Toriko
8. Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜
9. World Trigger
10. Kimetsu no Yaiba
11. Samon-kun wa Summoner
12. Hinomaru Zumou
13. Takuan and Batsu’s Daily Demon Diary

Take aways: Good start for TPN, lets see how the first five chapters hold up ranking wise. Yaiba, Samon and Dance have all been creeping and staying towards the bottom of the pack as of late, I'm going to assume Dance will be killed off if only one does get axed (oldest and weakest volume seller). Hinomaru is in a really odd spot, its lost its ability to maintain its usual top 5 spot and this week in particular has been the worse spot ever for the series this year (previous worst 11th out of 15th). I could see this get the axe, the series has been selling quite horrid for the genre as a Jump manga, with volumes hitting around 20K for its first week sales. And Batsu....its dead jim.

With Gintama and Toriko ending soon I imagine everything minus Batsu will probably get a slightly longer run then normal just to feel out whatever else new Jump adds in the next wave. Batsu is dead as fuck.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 108

Tokoyami rolling in with actual birds was amusing, but I found this chapter fairly messy looking. Wasn't feeling this one this time.

One Punch Man (Murata) ch. w/e

This big bad shown at the end has a pretty dope design, can't lie.

Qvoth

New character in OPM :O
Hope he lasts longer than this suiryu dude whom I don't expect to last longer than after this martial arts competition

With Gintama and Toriko ending soon I imagine everything minus Batsu will probably get a slightly longer run then normal just to feel out whatever else new Jump adds in the next wave. Batsu is dead as fuck.

Gintama won't be ending prior to 2017 at its current pace, Toriko...either in 4 chapters or the final issue for 2016 I really have 0 clue which way it will go.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch423

What a nice gift.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san ch2

Living together already? They didn't even get married yet!

Not that it'll take long.

2iW4sJ6.png

What a convenient world we live in.

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch26

Greatest sword ever.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan ch48

Good thing Yamada is always there to share her wisdom, even for washing dogs.

Yuzumori-san ch7

What a mature little sister.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 12

The female lions being "gaoru" was a particularly clever bit of wordplay.

Kengan Asura 34

This manga continues to be an interesting treat. It's basically "Bill Plympton's Fighting Tournament" the manga but the writing is surprisingly...good? I don't know how to describe it. It definitely has some "manga" amounts but it avoids a good majority of them and often breezes past something they could have just used a normal trope or convention and does something unique. And not in an "oh, that was really cool" way but in a way where you don't realize it til later and you're just now made aware that other manga don't really do that.

Like they have one of the fighters as dark-skinned Arabian dude who makes it to the Final Five only to get Worfed by the guards in a show of power so you'd forget about him but then...this chapter ends with another fighter having rescued him and following after the boat. And it's like...normally they would have been beaten to make a shallow point about how strong the guards are, but he's being kept in the series now...

It's interesting. I like it a lot.

dramatis

"Shinzo Abe was Mario" Recommendations Edition (Aug 2016)

Soil | Seinen, psychological supernatural mystery
God's Beard: A very pulp-inspired mystery comic.

Harukaze no Snegurochka | Adult, historical tragedy
Turin Turambar: A story about family and bonds, about choosing a little thing and giving your life for it, all in the setting of the Russian revolution.

Boys Next Door | Shounen ai, mystery romance
jgminto: A yaoi story for everyone but DTL. 10/10

Kikimimi Zukan | Seinen, supernatural
Usobuko: A short manga for anything related to sound.

Ms. Mayple's Afternoon Tea Time | Seinen, sci-fi slice of life drama
A Huge Battleship: Mechanical humanoid stories aren't usually my cup of afternoon tea, often because the heroine is a vacuous waste of ink, but this one was so utterly charming that I fell for it completely.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 12

The female lions being "gaoru" was a particularly clever bit of wordplay.

Kengan Asura 34

This manga continues to be an interesting treat. It's basically "Bill Plympton's Fighting Tournament" the manga but the writing is surprisingly...good? I don't know how to describe it. It definitely has some "manga" amounts but it avoids a good majority of them and often breezes past something they could have just used a normal trope or convention and does something unique. And not in an "oh, that was really cool" way but in a way where you don't realize it til later and you're just now made aware that other manga don't really do that.

Like they have one of the fighters as dark-skinned Arabian dude who makes it to the Final Five only to get Worfed by the guards in a show of power so you'd forget about him but then...this chapter ends with another fighter having rescued him and following after the boat. And it's like...normally they would have been beaten to make a shallow point about how strong the guards are, but he's being kept in the series now...

It's interesting. I like it a lot.
How does it compare to Baki and Ippo? Because it seems like one and the same to me, especially Baki.

Less serious than Ippo despite the amusingly serious tone (as in everyone takes themselves seriously but the mangaka obviously does not) and I hate Baki so that might not be a good comparison point for me.

I like it a lot because it has fantastic fights and kinetic art and a very unrealistic "realistic" style. Like, people look "relatively" normal but the fights and moves and damage gets more and more ridiculous as it goes on.

There was a black dude from America whose fighting style was imitating missiles. He was awesome. So it has fairly realistic looking art that extends and warps itself in a Plympton style for motion and fights and a steadily increasing unrealistic fights.

I dunno, there's something about it that makes me feel like it's set apart from other fighting manga.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Less serious than Ippo despite the amusingly serious tone (as in everyone takes themselves seriously but the mangaka obviously does not) and I hate Baki so that might not be a good comparison point for me.

I like it a lot because it has fantastic fights and kinetic art and a very unrealistic "realistic" style. Like, people look "relatively" normal but the fights and moves and damage gets more and more ridiculous as it goes on.

There was a black dude from America whose fighting style was imitating missiles. He was awesome. So it has fairly realistic looking art that extends and warps itself in a Plympton style for motion and fights and a steadily increasing unrealistic fights.

I dunno, there's something about it that makes me feel like it's set apart from other fighting manga.
That sounds like Baki and Ippo. Shame because baki is basically the epitome of this and is really good but off-putting. You should watch the anime, its much more digestible.

Zweizer

Banned
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch12

He already had the best harem. What a downgrade.

Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General ch6

She's all the weapon they need~

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To 7
I'm a bit disappointed that this dude didn't get something more 'shocking'

Shokugeki no soma latest

It was damn obvious that there's no way Hayama gone full EVULZ, but at least the scene to it looks nice.

Boku no hero academia 108

Nice to see that supporting cast get their own spotlight as well.

Grand Blue 10

Reminder that this is a diving manga, not college student go wild and do stupid shit.
Comedy is still gold though.

That sounds like Baki and Ippo. Shame because baki is basically the epitome of this and is really good but off-putting. You should watch the anime, its much more digestible.

I mean, I really like Ippo but there's just some weird...thing about Kengan Asura that makes me separate it a lot.

Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To

Why did they change the title? I'm pretty sure the original title of this manga was Idol Na Shit Heroine To World-class Awful MC Boku Fuck Em Both.

Black General San 7

Why is this mangaka the only dude in the game making consistently awesome girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom