• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) real-time demo video

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Father_Brain said:
You'll probably have to wait until at least TGS, I imagine. Maybe Gamescom, if we're lucky.

I was wondering: is there any chance that the 3DS will be playable at TGS even though Nintendo never shows up?

Durante said:
Anyway, the people saying that this video can't be realtime are getting annoying (unless they are referring to the image quality, which usually they are not). If you take away the IQ it's really not that impressive, and certainly not unbelievable.

Didn't you get the memo that it's really hard to render black empty backgrounds?

Donnie

Durante said:
1) Shaders have very little (if anything) to do with shadowing.
2) Saying that a GPU has "good shaders" these days almost invariably means "programmable shaders". Since this is not the case with the PICA200 I wouldn't describe it like that.

We don't know how flexible PICA200's pixel pipeline is (GC's was reasonable flexible even compared to XBox) other then the fact its not fully programmable. But we do know it has programmable vertex shaders which is important, that was XBox's main advantage over GC IMO.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
cyberheater said:
VLC is displaying this as 2 video streams. Is that correct?
EDIT: It's two streams, but they look the same apparently (with VLC).

DataBot

Why would you do that? said:
Wait, really?

Try to see if you can switch between the video streams... If so, that would be cool. I can't download it right now...

Maybe this will bring in the new era of 3D trailers!

You can switch between streams but its shows the same picture so not in stereo 3d from a different angle, but it looks like they could if they wanted to.

ITS LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU

0.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Graphics Horse said:
Because they'd have to design the memory footprint around the ability to rapidly cut between a bunch of different cutscenes which you'll never see together in the final game. Let me know if you find any games on modern systems which have done this, otherwise I'm not discussing it any more.
agreed. the cutscene jump-transitions in that video would be too much of a strain for the resource-system. that and the IQ suggest the material demonstrated on the show was a video.

that said, in-game/in-engine videos are not unheard-of - devs revert to those when they need to demonstrate steady-fps material while the project is still early in development and the actual fps has not been stabilized yet. so that video could have been produced on anything ranging from to-specs, actual-assets rendering on a desktop dev environment, to frame-grabbed output from an actual 3DS devkit. anyhow, what was demonstrated in the video should be within reach of the 3DS.

FoneBone

Kilrogg said:
I was wondering: is there any chance that the 3DS will be playable at TGS even though Nintendo never shows up?
Via third-parties, possibly, but not if Nintendo doesn't show it off itself via a media event beforehand.

Furret

Banned
Snakeyes said:
Hey, add me to that list of "crow-eaters". 3DS will launch at $199.99 or less.

Or less? It's going to cost the same or less than a DSi XL currently is.

Are you people on drugs or something?

ILikeFeet

Banned
Furret said:
Or less? It's going to cost the same or less than a DSi XL currently is.

Are you people on drugs or something?

the price of the XL is going to go down by the time this launches. I don't why you think that is unreasonable. Nintendo might as well wait to drop the price considering there is no date or price for the 3DS

Gravijah

WrikaWrek said:
Man that looks waay higher budget than a handheld game should be.

HEY MAYBE THESE GAMES WILL TAKE COMPANY DESTROYING BUDGETS TO CREATE

I GUESS THE WEST REALLY WILL SUPPORT IT NOW!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
civilstrife said:
Umbrella chronicles

933020_20071019_790screen009.jpg

Revelations
35c3gx2.jpg

I don't see why not. We'd be impressed by the lighting at the very least.

DSC had great lighting and was better technically than UC in every way.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Andrex said:
DSC had great lighting and was better technically than UC in every way.
The environments in DSC were well made, but we haven't seen much environments for this yet. The characters here look more impressive from the different effects used on their faces alone.

Luigiv

What's with all the price speculation in here? And who's been spreading BS that Nintendo made a profit off every DS sold? At launch, Nintendo broke totally even on DS hardware sales. Given what Iwata has said, it's very possible they'll do the same with 3DS.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for it, so enough already.

The Hermit

Gravijah said:
HEY MAYBE THESE GAMES WILL TAKE COMPANY DESTROYING BUDGETS TO CREATE

I GUESS THE WEST REALLY WILL SUPPORT IT NOW!

Hey man, what the hell is wrong with your avatar(s)
... its making my head hurts :p

Jinjo

Holy shit, this looks nice.

Who in the hell is the guy in the chair though? His voice sounds pretty familiar.

Jinjo

God, that voice of the guy in the chair is so familiar. It's such a familiar voice. I have to know the actor. It's driving me nuts.:lol

Aeana

Jinjo said:
God, that voice of the guy in the chair is so familiar. It's such a familiar voice. I have to know the actor. It's driving me nuts.:lol
I thought it sounded kind of like Zaeed from ME2, but I don't know for sure.

entremet

TunaLover said:
This is getting ridiculous, Nintendo shouldn't release a handheld with higher or on par specs than its home console.
why not? their home console is almost 4 years old and its tech is 9 years old.

entrement said:
why not? their home console is almost 4 years old and its tech is 9 years old.

And the actual hardware is of course much older than that.

Different systems, different priorities. Wii was all about the Wii remote, hence the last gen graphics hardware.

3DS is about the 3D visuals, hence Nintendo's greater focus on capable graphics hardware this time around.

TunaLover

Teknoman said:
Ambush Wii HD reveal incoming before 3DS launch?
I don't think they plan release a Super Wii any time soon, Iwata said they don't have the need for another hardware until a new software require it.

Medalion

Banned
seady said:
....What if this is an on-rail shooter, just like Umbrella Chronicle?
9v8bpu.jpg

This isn't the Wii that can simulate a gun...on-rail shooters for handheld with 3D capabilities... not really worth it

Top Bottom