• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

9ueM51E.png

Mara confirmed.

P4 was M for Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Violence.
P3 FES was M for Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Setsu00

9ueM51E.png

Mara confirmed.

P4 was M for Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Violence.
P3 FES was M for Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Can I take this as a sign that we're soon going to see some English footage after all this time?

Guess Who

Banned
STRONG language

We're getting a few F- bombs aren't we

That's usually the differentiator between "language" and "strong language" at the ESRB, haha. Catherine was "strong language" while P4 was just "language", for instance.

Where is that ESRB rating sourced from, by the way?

Seems like Eternal Punishment is the only other Persona game with Strong Language.

Ulala: "Don't underestimate me you ****ing bastards!"

That's usually the differentiator between "language" and "strong language" at the ESRB, haha. Catherine was "strong language" while P4 was just "language", for instance.

Where is that ESRB rating sourced from, by the way?

Images uploaded to Atlus USA's official sales page.

Speaking of the English release, what exactly are they gonna show next? PV4 is the only PV with the whole cast, but they already showed that at E3 (albeit subbed).

Do they just show PV3 and ignore the fact that there are several characters missing? Or do you think Atlus USA will just make a new trailer?

Mediking

Speaking of the English release, what exactly are they gonna show next? PV4 is the only PV with the whole cast, but they already showed that at E3 (albeit subbed).

Do they just show PV3 and ignore the fact that there are several characters missing? Or do you think Atlus USA will just make a new trailer?

They're gonna pretend the Japanese launch never happened

Next trailer should be to show off the dub/localization, so I'd expect it to be entirely new.

Hah
From Atlus USA?

Nope
They gonna show PV04 and pretend that it wasnt at E3.

You act like they've never made their own trailer before. Pretty sure every English dub trailer for SMTIV:A was new, and not just a redo of an Atlus JP trailer. And that's just their most recent game.

The only time I can think of that they have just dubbed over a JP trailer was P4D's E3 trailer, and if the game's rated I assume they have some sort of English build to use, so I don't see why they wouldn't make one.

Anyone know if the OST track names are spoilery? I'm really hankering to put them on my phone but...

Haven't seen the full list, but none of the vocal tracks seem to be. Not sure if the non-vocal track names are official, but some of the names I've seen used are boss names.

Honestly, after having watched the prologue, I feel like the old trailers are just right in terms of teasing new content that seems intriguing while not spoiling much; so I'd be perfect with getting, say, a PV04 dub.

barybll

Banned
Uh oh
This reminds me that I can't see the faces behind the voices, otherwise I will ALWAYS associate the voice with that face and the character gets forever ruined for me since i won't be able to have suspension of disbelief.

im looking at you Chie.

Makio

We getting something this month ...yeah i called it , but it was too early they say .... HYPE

Plus i can die they gonna gjve some love to the dub cast (hell maybe they got credit in thr game too)

Kira Buckland , Cristina Vee or Carrie Keranen one of those names and i'm all yours Atlus .....

Wait until we see Yuri Lowenthal , Wendee Lee and Karen Strassman all over again as party members (calling it now)
jk i hope

PD: Plot twist John Hardin take the footage with himand tries to blame the thieves, he is the culprit

barybll

Banned
We getting something this month ...yeah i called it , but it was too early they say .... HYPE

Plus i can die they gonna gjve some love to the dub cast (hell maybe they got credit in thr game too)

Kira Buckland , Cristina Vee or Carrie Keranen one of those names and i'm all yours Atlus .....

Wait until we see Yuri Lowenthal , Wendee Lee and Karen Strassman all over again as party members (calling it now)
jk i hope

PD: Plot twist John Hardin take the footage with himand tries to blame the thieves, he is the culprit

What if they keep quiet until november anyway?
Then you lose your bet ;p

PK Gaming

One last final prediction/wishlist for the VAs

Joker: Robbie Daymond
Reasoning: See like, any of his performances. Dude rocks. Would kill it.

Ryuji: Todd Haberkorn
Reasoning: He's got the passion and earnestness to play Ryuji.

Anne: Stephanie Sheh
Reasoning: Her range is amazing, but her specialty is bring sass & assertiveness to the table which Anne could definitely use.

Yusuke: Matthew Mercer
Reasoning: Yes, I know he's Kanji. Still doesn't change the fact that he's a superb VA who could nail the quiet grace and over the top weirdness that the character requires.

Makoto: Erica Lindbeck
Reasoning: Erica Lindbeck is EVERYWHERE nowadays, and for good reason. She is an unreasonably good VA. Plus she's already voiced a student council prez before (see Love Live)

Futaba: Kira Buckland
Reasoning: It's Kira goddamn Buckland. She was born to play the mischievously nerdy, yet thoughtful Futaba.

Haru: N/A
Reasoning: I don't care, lol

Goro: Sean Chiplock
Reasoning: Rising star in the VA world, dude would totally kill it as Goro (see his performance in Trails of Cold Steel).

Makio

Anyone know if the OST track names are spoilery? I'm really hankering to put them on my phone but...

YES at least in the rip files they going around for the internet include literal spoilers in the song titles for example
songs who spoil the dungeons other song spoil the antagonist name and other is literally called Dungeon : spoiler road to
spoiler palace

So yeah mid - heavy spoilers in the OST .... the 20th anniversary ones are fine since they use title like Last Surprise or
Beneath the mask

What if they keep quiet until november anyway?
Then you lose your bet ;p
shhhhh , quiet you let me enjoy the moment lol

And i understand the feel to know which trailer Atlus usa is gonna use for the dub since they wasted pv04 in subs...
Plus for the way that message reads im not expecting a trailer right now more like they gonna release interviews like the ones for Q and Dance All Night or they english versions of those voice actors messages they do in Persona Stalker Club (hell they can even use the same footage and put the voice over) ....

And something tells me we going to see Joker , Ann, Morgana , Ryuji and maybe Yusuke and gonna forgot about the other phantoms for a while unless they realize they already spoil all the gang back in E3

PD : I like PK VA list , specially Goro im already drop a couple of list before , but i gonna some thought to one "final" one before Atlus drop the beat

One last final prediction/wishlist for the VAs

Joker: Robbie Daymond
Reasoning: See like, any of his performances. Dude rocks. Would kill it.

Ryuji: Todd Haberkorn
Reasoning: He's got the passion and earnestness to play Ryuji.

Anne: Stephanie Sheh
Reasoning: Her range is amazing, but her specialty is bring sass & assertiveness to the table which Anne could definitely use.

Yusuke: Matthew Mercer
Reasoning: Yes, I know he's Kanji. Still doesn't change the fact that he's a superb VA who could nail the quiet grace and over the top weirdness that the character requires.

Makoto: Erica Lindbeck
Reasoning: Erica Lindbeck is EVERYWHERE nowadays, and for good reason. She is an unreasonably good VA. Plus she's already voiced a student council prez before (see Love Live)

Futaba: Kira Buckland
Reasoning: It's Kira goddamn Buckland. She was born to play the mischievously nerdy, yet thoughtful Futaba.

Haru: N/A
Reasoning: I don't care, lol

Goro: Sean Chiplock
Reasoning: Rising star in the VA world, dude would totally kill it as Goro (see his performance in Trails of Cold Steel).

I agree on Makoto and Futaba. I haven't heard SS do that kind of role, but I guess she can handle Anne. MM has voiced a Tomokazu Sugita character before so this is totally fine. Not really sure about TH on Ryuji, but he's voiced a Miyano character before, so I guess he's fine range wise. I'm dead set on RD being Goro, and I can't think of anyone for Joker in replacement. ...I just looked up SC because while I recognize his name, I cannot pin his voice down. And he's Navarre in Apocalypse, apparently? That...works I guess.

Haru...I dunno. Maybe Cherami Leigh? I think she's accessible to Atlus, because she's in Danganronpa: UDG.

daevious

I'd still like to see Michael Sinterniklaas as Goro.

As for Haru, I actually wouldn't be opposed to Erin Fitzgerald playing her because she's got such a good vocal range that it wouldn't bother me if they used her again.

Makio

To complete PK list ... Kate Higgins as Haru , good voice and range, with Atlus past i think and not used over and over she could be a "fresh" add to the cast despite she had plenty of roles already. She was one of my choices for Kanamin back in the day. PD : If we got Sheh as Ann , is fair to get the other Naruto "chick" too.

------

And the list in general Buckland (pls based god) , Sean Chiplock and Stephanie Sheh are the top choices. Amazing how i dont see Sheh as Ann before but you sold me she got the sass and range

I dont really see Lindbeck as Makoto idk why , and i avoid Haberkorn maybe because Sho plus he sound "evil" even doing good guys roles ... and god i love M.Mercer but he Troy Baker second coming he is EVERYWHERE plus Kanji ... need a rest of him , but at same time is hard for me to picture someone as Yusuke.

(Just notice this list is a SMT Apocalypse recast ...lol) see it happening tho

Makio

They got some fixed / regular day to upload like you know here people always expect things in "Tuesday" or they just upload videos at random , will lovely to start to see those next week hopefully

Question is how many of those are gonna be , for now 5 (pun intended) Joker / Ann / Morgana / Ryuji / Yusuke , 8 one for each thief or various VA in one video , anyway i see them droping those weekly maybe once they start

Top Bottom