• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
5L2wkUd.gif

It's a magnificent time to be alive.

I REALLY hope we can get Super Mario Sunshine HD one day.....:(

Putosaure

It's hard to believe that we're not going to be disappointed. I mean, I know that I will be. And in the mean time, they have so much room to surprise us. Damn, I'll watch the clock until time.

marmoka

Banned
Productive day, isn't it?

Today is being everything for me but productive. I should be working but I cannot disconnect from GAF or Twitter.

Still 6 long hours...

You know what would be cool, if the new platform gets an Overwatch port you can play on the go...

Yes, I know I shouldn't to this to myself :p

Krowley

I mean, that doesn't really strike me as a "gimmick". There isn't a lot of novelty in carrying around a powerful piece of hardware in the days of smartphones and tablets anymore. I doubt Nintendo will be banking on just that.

I'm not hugely optimistic either to be honest--I don't know what to expect in terms of results--but I do think that's the plan.

They're also thinking they can benefit from having all their games aimed at one platform, and they're hoping to keep a stranglehold on the portable market.

I mean, if everybody who bought a 3DS also bought a Wii-U, Nintendo would be doing okay right now in the console market. So with this system, the portable and console are both contained in one device. If the entire 3DS crowd buys it, and the entire Wii-U crowd buys it, everything should be a lot better.

Tanwo

I saw the “tomorrow” in the title, and then realized that this was some hours ago and it’s actually happening in 6 hours. HYPE!!!

Majukun

I mean, that doesn't really strike me as a "gimmick". There isn't a lot of novelty in carrying around a powerful piece of hardware in the days of smartphones and tablets anymore. I doubt Nintendo will be banking on just that.

I actually have high hopes for this hardware, I think Nintendo has figured things out, I just don't think it's in the way that a lot of people here expect. There are some people that seem to still be holding out that Nintendo will take on the PS4/Xbox crowd head to head and I just don't see that. I think Nintendo is going to take NX in the completely opposite direction.

it's less of a gimmick and more of a necessity really..nintendo is alone and will probably stay alone in supporting this console,and they really can't stretch themselves between 2 consoles anymore....a single one that covers both markets is the ideal choice at this point since this way all thei studios can focus on make games for this console and hopefully allow this console to have a decent stream of good games.

Holy shit, holy shit. This is one hell of a thing towake up to.
Did I die and go to heaven?
Please don't be fake somehow.

I feel like mario is staring into my soul in that picture.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm expecting a list of 3rd party studios that are developing for the new platform.

- Ubisoft Vivendi
- Sega Sammy
- Square Enix
- Namco Bandai
- Tecmo Koei
- Activision Blizzard
- Warner TT

That's the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom