• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you laughed at but shouldn't have

Status
Not open for further replies.

koam

Title is pretty self explanatory, it can be things that happened in real life or videos that you laughed at but really shouldn't have.

I had one of these moments today. I went to the bathroom at work to take a piss and I hear some dude talking loudly on his cellphone. A few seconds later i hear "oh shit" and then I hear the sound of something (probably his cellphone since he stopped talking abruptly) fall into the toilet and a loud "fuck" followed by many little "fuck fuck fuck"s.

I turned as soon as I hear the first "fuck" by instinct and through the gap under the stall's wall I see the guy kneel down to fetch his phone from the toilet but the motion sensor caused the toilet to flush (no idea if his phone flushed in). To make matters worse, all the change fell out of his pocket when he bent over and i heard some of it fall into the water the flushing was still going. I burst out laughing when I saw a coin roll out the stall and touch my foot as I finished my piss. I ran out so he wouldn't see me. I wish it was someone from my work but I didn't recognize his voice so he must have been from the neighboring office.

Clydefrog

koam said:
I had one of these moments today. I went to the bathroom at work to take a piss and I hear some dude talking loudly on his cellphone. A few seconds later i hear "oh shit" and then I hear the sound of something (probably his cellphone since he stopped talking abruptly) fall into the toilet and then loud "fuck" followed by many little "fuck fuck fuck"s.

I turned as soon as I hear the first "fuck" by instinct and through the gap under the stall's wall I see the guy kneel down to fetch his phone from the toilet but the motion sensor caused the toilet to flush (no idea if his phone flushed in). To make matters worse, all the change fell out of his pocket when he bent over and i heard some of it fall into the water as it the flushing was still going. I burst out laughing when I saw a coin roll out the stall and touch my foot as I finished my piss. I ran out so he wouldn't see me. I wish it was someone from my work but I didn't recognize his voice so he must have been from the neighboring office.

:lol That is gold!

As for me, I laugh ridiculously hard at Tourettes Guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqtr_RvR3sY

In senior year of high school there was this dude who everyone liked. I noticed that he acted pretty weird. One day i walked into spanish class and there was everyone signing a big poster with his picture in the middle. I asked what it was for and they said he was in the hospital because he had leukemia. I started laughing and cracked a joke about it.

koam

salva said:
In senior year of high school there was this dude who everyone liked. I noticed that he acted pretty weird. One day i walked into spanish class and there was everyone signing a big poster with his picture in the middle. I asked what it was for and they said he was in the hospital because he had leukemia. I started laughing and cracked a joke about it.

I'm not sure what's worse you laughing or you making a joke, that's horrible :lol

Saw a couple riding amigos (or rascals as some may say) together while holding hands at work today. I just couldn't help but snicker to myself and the rest of the store

TheUsual

Gold Member
Laughed real hard after a person I helped at work who thought regular silicone caulk would work as a thermal paste for his computer. (I did tell him NOT TO DO THIS. I got him to go the local computer store to help him)

People getting hurt... usually at sports or something. Football and UFC too...

Instead of throwing out an "OHHHH" or an "Oh snap" I usually end up giggling at their pain.

At uni, there was a guy who myself and a group of my friends just hated. Just plain, flat-out didn't like him. No particular reason why, since he was never a dick to us or anything, but something about him was supremely annoying. Think Parsons from 1984. Anyway, at the end of each semester, the newspapers publish everyone's results, so I looked up mine and those of a few people I know. I saw then that he had failed every single one of his classes and when I realised I'd never have to share a class with him ever again, I laughed out loud.

Then, during graduation, we read the graduating class list. It was relatively short and included a girl who (unfortunately) was very awkward and unlikeable. Her surname had changed to match his. I told a friend of mine sitting next to me and we both laughed.

... Not my proudest moments.

Toby

I saw this really fat guy in my class ride away on a little moped today. Something about fat people on mopeds cracks me up.

harSon

Banned
Unfortunately, I couldn't help but laugh at this grotesque scene in The Pianist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-x7ORzd_XQ

I watched it in theaters with a friend, and directly after it happened, he whispered into my ear: "He has excellent form." The comment caught me off guard and I laughed for a good minute... felt like shit every second of it.

:(

TheUsual

Gold Member
Toby said:
I saw this really fat guy in my class ride away on a little moped today. Something about fat people on mopeds cracks me up.

Feel the exact same here...don't know why I find it hilarious every time I see it. Anyone on mopeds really. I know in Indiana, some mopeds you don't need a license to operate at all and if you had your license revoked for DUI you can still ride a moped, so every time I see a person on a moped, I assume they're all drunks. I know its wrong to assume that for every person that drives a moped though.

one day on BBC they interviewed this 35 years old unemployed midget from Yorkshire, where he basically told the story of his life and all the harsh humiliations he had to go through. When the journo asked him if he ever had any serious relationships and he replied "It was only sex. I have yet to find a woman who appreciates me for my personality" I cracked up and kept laughing for about two minutes, hands covering my face

there are so many more

koam

Oh yeah two more.

1) I was taking a bus once with a friend and it was packed so we were standing. The bus driver slammed the breaks and my friend lost his balance so he reached his hand out and grabbed onto this mop that the lady sitting down had bought and hit her in the face. I couldn't stop laughing, i had to face the other direction but i'm sure she saw me.

2) I saw a blind guy with a walking stick once and his stick went under a sign (between the two stands) and he walked into the sign. I only started laughing when i saw a girl on the other side trying not to laugh.

Slurmer

Banned
I was 7 or 8 and one of my baseball teammates told me his dad had killed himself on valentines day. Something about the delivery and "valentines day" made me chuckle and I had to put my head down so he wouldn't notice, but I'm pretty sure he did. This was 15+ years ago and I still feel pretty bad about it...

Brinbe

Off the top, mine isn't that bad. But it still makes me laugh when I recall it.

Basically, a friend completely bombed during a off-the-cuff speech exercise, in one of my courses a few years ago. He stalled/drew a blank between thoughts and there was this 5-10 awkward second delay that for some reason, just completely tore me and my other friend up. Room was completely silent, and the only thing you could hear was our loud and totally inappropriate voracious laughter that went on for a good minute or so. So wrong.

zsswimmer

I remember when I was like 8 years old at church, the pianist had just played a song and so the church got quiet during a prayer. The pianist must have accidentally bumped a note when she went to bow her head, but anyways my younger brother blurted out "WHAT?!" after the sharp note. The church was dead quiet when he said it.

I have no idea why that was funny but I literally could not stop laughing for the rest of the sermon.

ronito

gUCNk.jpg

I was watching a documentary about a guy that suffered a brain injury that completely borked his short-term memory. I guess the injury happened when he was apart from his wife, because every time he saw her, he acted like it was the first time he'd seen her in years. They'd be sitting on the couch talking, he'd look away for a minute, look back and freak out again and start hugging her. The combination of his almost cartoonishly posh English accent and constant state of exuberant surprise happening over and over again was just too much, I had to laugh. I laughed again when the documentary focused on his occasional frustration and anger... being unable to understand why he looked so old or why he couldn't remember something his wife was talking about, not understanding who had been writing in his diary... he'd throw these really proper fits he was just so damn cute when he was mad.

back in high school, we got to watch MASK (the one with Cher) and at the first sight of Rocky I had to laugh because I hadn't heard of the film before and I thought it was maybe just some drama/comedy. the teacher yelled, "shut the hell up that's not funny." I deserved it.

Degen

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Back in late highschool we were forced to attend some motivational seminar with some mid-to-late 20's guy ranting about how to be successful, pro-active thinking, etc. The kind of guy who tries to appeal to young folk by being 'hip' and casual about the whole thing. Tried to convince the whole room, which was my entire year and the one above, that nobody actually liked any kind of alcohol and people only drank it to be cool.

Anywho, at one point he tried to change the tone of his talk to something more serious, and give us an example of a life event that really effected him. It was some story about how he was riding a tractor with a few of his friends, and one of his friends fell off the back into some grinder/harvester thing and died horribly.

For some reason I lost my shit at the visualisation of this story. I didn't laugh out loud, but I was this close to and spent the next 10 minutes desperately trying to muffle my laughter.

I dont know why I found it funny.

Maximus.

was at a coffee shop the other days with friends. I started laughing at some fat dude pigging out on a cinnamon bun. My friends told me he was mentally challenged :( I felt real bad after for laughing because I didn't know, since he physically looked fine :(

Ok one more. My friends and i asked other friends "were you molested as a child?" when they said something stupid. It was a joke, of course and now I don't find it funny.

Anyways, one teacher was telling us a story and it lead to her saying how one of her friends was molested as a child. After she said that I bursted out laughing and everyone looked at me. I said sorry and continued to laugh on the inside, making weird faces to hold it.

Firest0rm said:

:lol I don't feel bad laughing at that one, they've learned to laugh at themselves

A couple of years ago I was playing soccer and a couple of my friends collided in a nasty way. J threw his arms up to brace for impact and D never saw it coming. His nose was broken and I couldn't stop laughing, I was literally crying - fuckin uncontrollable laughter. I felt so bad but I couldn't stop until I watched him reset his nose. The speed at which they combined was just too much I guess. I remember laughing a few times later that day thinking back on it.

Elementary school. My friend Steven raises his hand to go to the bathroom, and my teacher allows it. So the class resumes.

30 minutes pass, and Steven did not return to class. The teacher realizes this, and gets curious. She asks my friend Mark to go check on Steven in the bathroom, and he does so.

After five or so minutes, Mark comes back to the classroom smiling. He goes over to the teacher, whispers something in her ear, and it just caused her to make a weird face of confusion/disgust and just nod.

Me and my little circle of friends get curious, so we ask Mark what went on. Mark tells us that Steven had a bad case of diarrhea in the bathroom, causing us all to chuckle during class. So, I raise my hand, asking to go use the bathroom because I just wanted to see it for myself.

I walk in, and instantly, I hear a couple of farts. The bathroom stinks, and a scared voice from behind a stall asked, "W-Who's there?" I froze. Again, scared, after farting again, he asked, and this caused me to dash out of the bathroom, laughing. I return to class with a big smile on my face and I even started laughing during class later on 'cause I couldn't hold it in. (Lol)

Zozz

Banned
I was running on the treadmill at the gym the other day and in one of the tv's there was a commercial about down syndrome awareness. I fucking started laughing my ass off, I was trying so hard to prevent myself from doing it. I felt like a dick.

Foob

this was in like fifth or sixth grade: We were watching this documentary on all the terrible shit that happened to the native americans, with all sorts of gruesome descriptions and paintings of what happened, and then all of the sudden it cut to this dead buffalo with an arrow in its eye, and I yelled "BULLS EYE!!"

everyone laughed and then like five minutes later they showed that single tear indian and I felt so bad

-PXG-

I try to make any situation humorous or into some kind of joke. Why not right? Yeah, I'm going to hell. Whatever, we all are. :lol No sense wasting your one life on Earth being a tight ass.

G-Fex

Usually about kids getting hurt.

I remember I saw this kid with his mum at a store and he got his hand caught in a cart which was still connected to a line of carts and the mom was panicking and telling the guy pushing in the carts to reverse it. Which is stupid cause you can't reverse those things, and the kid was crying, I was laughing on my way inside. Oh kids.

coldvein

Banned
many years ago when i was in highschool, i was sitting in math class and an old man got hit by a car on the street right outside my window seat. ambulances came and took him away. i dont think he was okay. i laughed hard. such a dick i was.

jbueno

harSon said:
Unfortunately, I couldn't help but laugh at this grotesque scene in The Pianist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-x7ORzd_XQ

I watched it in theaters with a friend, and directly after it happened, he whispered into my ear: "He has excellent form." The comment caught me off guard and I laughed for a good minute... felt like shit every second of it.

:(

Maaaan, I knew what scene it was even before I clicked the link as I laughed real hard when I first saw that scene, felt like crap afterwards as well. Good thing I was then watching the movie with my family not in some theater, since it was less awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom