• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Woah looks like it yeah. I like it :D

1478623430409.png

where are people getting these i wanna see all the new pokemons move lists so i can make my team

With all these leaks, did we find out what are the legendaries yet? If so, what about the version exclusive legendaries?
Main: Cosmog -> Cosmoem -> Solgaleo (Sun)/Lunala (Moon)

Island Guardians: Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

Ultra Beasts: Nihilego, Buzzwole (Sun), Pheromosa (Moon), Xurkitree, Celesteela (Sun), Kartana (Moon), Guzzlord, Necrozma (this one may not be a UB)

Mythicals: Magearna, Marshadow

UberTag

With all these leaks, did we find out what are the legendaries yet? If so, what about the version exclusive legendaries?
Version exclusive legendaries are Solgaleo / Buzzwole [SUN], Lunala / Pheromosa [MOON], Celesteela and Kartana.
It remains unconfirmed which game each of the last two belong to (although I'm assuming the same assignments as Not75Drops is above).

Hm, what does beast boost do for UB's such as buzzwole where they have two stats that are equally the best? Does it boost both of them, or chooses one?

And do we know what the version exclusive regular pokemon are?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not even just that.

Baneful Bunker: In addition to protecting the user from attacks, this move also poisons any attacker that makes direct contact. -- [Poison] --, Status.

That is its signature move. So insane with the Merciless ability.

Maybe
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Venoshock / Haze
- Scald
this looks great never saw bane, that's amazing

Well I think only Moon has been datamined so far so I think the version exclusive lists are going off that?

I don't think we know if there's any postgame areas to catch Pokemon yet, but these are apparently some.

Sun - Moon
>Solgaleo - Lunala
>Buzzwole - Pheromosa
>Celesteela - Kartana
>Lycanroc Midday - Lycanroc Midnight
>Turtonator - Drampa
>Passimian - Oranguru
>Alolan Ninetales - Alolan Sandslash
>Garchomp - Metagross
>Goodra - Flygon
>Rampardos - Bastiodon
>Carracosta - Archeops
>Braviary - Mandibuzz
>Whimsicott - Lilligant

I've heard that both Lycanroc forms can be found in either version, but only one can evolve from Rockruff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBgKyta1M4c
The 4 island deities (Tapu *), cover legendaries (evolution line starting at Cosmog version exclusive final forms).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRgB17vr7SQ
Ultra beasts are probably classed as legendary (BST 570 crazy spreads that are quite min maxed, all have same ability which is similar to moxie but for their best stat* except the last one which has 600 BST). A few of them are version exclusive as well. UB-02 (Bug/Fighting) is different between versions. I thought I heard of another case but none of them share typing like the two Bug/Fighting ones do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPIhIRKsas
Mythicals are magearna and marshadow.

*-It's quite typical for legendaries to have similar abilities. Like how the Tapu all have abilities to summon terrain upon switch in.

Type: Null being only one obtainable, unbreedable and near legendary stats (when eveolved 95 all round) kind of puts it in a similar place. A real pseudo legendary at last I guess.

Artanisix

Main: Cosmog -> Cosmoem -> Solgaleo (Sun)/Lunala (Moon)

Island Guardians: Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

Ultra Beasts: Nihilego, Buzzwole (Sun), Pheromosa (Moon), Xurkitree, Celesteela (Sun), Kartana (Moon), Guzzlord, Necrozma (this one may not be a UB)

Mythicals: Magearna, Marshadow

idk what this means

which version gets mega fighting bug ultrabeast

thats all that matters to me

Do we know version exclusive pokemons yet? Not talking about legendaries but normals. Enjoying looking at possible teams and stats for pokemons.

Qurupeke

storafötter;223857183 said:
Do we know version exclusive pokemons yet? Not talking about legendaries but normals. Enjoying looking at possible teams and stats for pokemons.
Well I think only Moon has been datamined so far so I think the version exclusive lists are going off that?

I don't think we know if there's any postgame areas to catch Pokemon yet, but these are apparently some.

Sun - Moon
>Solgaleo - Lunala
>Buzzwole - Pheromosa
>Celesteela - Kartana
>Turtonator - Drampa
>Passimian - Oranguru
>Garchomp - Metagross
>Goodra - Flygon
>Rampardos - Bastiodon
>Carracosta - Archeops
>Braviary - Mandibuzz
>Whimsicott - Lilligant

I've heard that both Lycanroc forms can be found in either version, but only one can evolve from Rockruff.

So Mimikyu is looking like an alright UU Pokemon and pretty good in the first few seasons of BSS:

55/90/80/50/105/96
DBond, Wood Hammer, Copycat, Mimic, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Pain Split, Taunt, Leech Life, Willo, Swords Dance, Sub

It's an amazing switch-in on Kommo-o, being immune to Clanging Scales and then having its auto sub still up. You could even run Copycat to take Clanging Scales if you're a jokester. Essentially getting a free turn to set up it's a decent sweeper too, even with the middling (for this gen) speed.

Busaiku

Sun - Moon
>Solgaleo - Lunala
>Buzzwole - Pheromosa
>Celesteela - Kartana
>Turtonator - Drampa
>Passimian - Oranguru
>Garchomp - Metagross
>Goodra - Flygon
>Rampardos - Bastiodon
>Carracosta - Archeops
>Braviary - Mandibuzz
>Whimsicott - Lilligant

Sun wins so hard.

Do we have any info on chain fishing? Or if Triples and Rotations are still in the game.
I think I remember someone saying that the code to denote Triples and Rotains had been replaced by Battle Royals and something else (can't remember, might have been Royal for both).

Well at least we know what that feature does now. Thanks anon.

Now how do we get HA :(
Might be a chance thing like the Friend Safari?

Infinite

So Mimikyu is looking like an alright UU Pokemon and pretty good in the first few seasons of BSS:

It's an amazing switch-in on Kommo-o, being immune to Clanging Scales and then having its auto sub still up. You could even run Copycat to take Clanging Scales if you're a jokester. Essentially getting a free turn to set up it's a decent sweeper too, even with the middling (for this gen) speed.

How does sub interact with its ability? This is important

So if I don't care about competitive Pokermoms, does this game look like it changes up the formula enough to not bore me to fucking tedious tears like the last 4 or 5 games? I kept hearing neat stuff like lack of gyms and UBs and no HMs and all this other single player experience stuff that seemed like they changed some shite up.

I already know the main game doesn't have Dunsparce so that's already a full 3 strikes against it, we're at the top of a new inning now and my metaphor is all messed up. Can I play as a sassy black girl who punches Pokemon in the face and joins Team Chav?

PK Gaming

So if I don't care about competitive Pokermoms, does this game look like it changes up the formula enough to not bore me to fucking tedious tears like the last 4 or 5 games? I kept hearing neat stuff like lack of gyms and UBs and no HMs and all this other single player experience stuff that seemed like they changed some shite up.

I already know the main game doesn't have Dunsparce so that's already a full 3 strikes against it, we're at the top of a new inning now and my metaphor is all messed up. Can I play as a sassy black girl who punches Pokemon in the face and joins Team Chav?

+HMs being gone is true. You have Pokerides that can be called upon any time and they're pretty cool
+Way more challenging than the recent gens
+Lots of QoL changes like knowing if a move is Super Effective / NVE on a target.
+Gyms have been replaced with trials, and they're pretty fun. You can do more than just battling (like mini games)
+Skin tones are actually varied, so yes you can play as a black girl.
+Story and characters are (supposedly) pretty good. It goes places.
+Music is phenomenal.
-It's (supposedly) still linear
-Battles are pretty slow

EDIT: Maybe check out a few gameplay vids before going in?

trixx

what's the post game looking like? You can transfer from pokemon bank in February? That leaves 3 months of fun online :)

+HMs being gone is true. You have Pokerides that can be called upon any time and they're pretty cool
+Way more challenging than the recent gens
+Lots of QoL changes like knowing if a move is Super Effective / NVE on a target.
+Gyms have been replaced with trials, and they're pretty fun. You can do more than just battling (like mini games)
+Skin tones are actually varied, so yes you can play as a black girl.
+Story and characters are (supposedly) pretty good. It goes places.
+Music is phenomenal.
-It's (supposedly) still linear
-Battles are pretty slow

EDIT: Maybe check out a few gameplay vids before going in?

Yo that sounds really fucking boss to me. The linear aspect never bothered me so I got like 0 problems with that and everything else seems like they toned down a lot of the aspects I disliked about it.

Hopefully the plot in it doesn't treat me like I'm 4 but I might otherwise be able to deal with it with all that hyped up stuff.

Also a lot of these new Pokemon look baller as fuck.

Here's what I've come to conclude about the game so far. The Pacing is really good and rivals BW for Pacing. So while the game is still linear, everything moves along at brisk clip. The Challenge curve is also pretty good if you turn off the EXP share and turn on Set battle in the options menu. The Setting is probably the best its been since Gen 4. The Music is up to Gen V par. The presentation helps to sell a lot of scenes in the game and really plays with the camera in scenes. The dialogue in general is way better than most of the series because they often use facial expressions to convey details much more subtly. Characters are often built up a bit before you really battle them. Because of the aforementioned difficulty increase, story climaxes have a lot more punch.

For the 1st game of a pokemon generation, Sun/Moon might be close to the top. As for the overall mainline, I think Platinum and BW2 still hold that title strong.

Sun - Moon
>Solgaleo - Lunala
>Buzzwole - Pheromosa
>Celesteela - Kartana
>Turtonator - Drampa
>Passimian - Oranguru
>Garchomp - Metagross
>Goodra - Flygon
>Rampardos - Bastiodon
>Carracosta - Archeops
>Braviary - Mandibuzz
>Whimsicott - Lilligant

I don't know the names of the unrevealed Pokemon, but I know what they look like. What are Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Celesteela, and Kartana?

Top Bottom