• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

PooBone

Shake Appeal said:
One of those avatar awards could be construed as a spoiler, since it suggests something (significant) that probably happens.
I was about to say "uh, no it doesn't."

But I see your point.

Doodis

PooBone said:
I especially enjoyed Human Weakness by Karen Traviss.
Yeah, some interesting insight into Cortana there. I never realized she was a
"copy" of Halsey's brain, and could therefore experience emotions.

big ander

Dare.jpg

Dax is a pretty cool guy, eh watches Star Trek and doesn't afraid of anything
except losing his status as Ghaleon Jr.
H9x8t.gif

Seriously, serious topic is too serious. Seriously.

Umm, what happened to the thread? :/

Can we please get back to Reach discussion? Sure Dax is a cool kid, and the fight is fun, but I was enjoying the speculative talk.

Dani said:
Probably old. Minor non-story spoilers.

There are
5 avatar awards
in Halo: Reach. Here is exaclty how to get them in the game:

- Carter's Helmet: Clear a Campaign mission on Legendary without dying.
- Emile's Helmet: Earn a Bulltrue medal in either multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking.
- Jorge's Helmet: Earn a Killtacular in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Jun's Helmet: Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either the Campaign or Firefight.
- Kat's Helmet: Avenge a teammate's death in multiplayer Matchmaking.
Cool, I was wondering if Reach was gonna have Avatar Awards's.

Carter's helmet is gonna be a ***** to get. :(
Though you could probably just try it on the training mission.

PooBone said:
I especially enjoyed Human Weakness by Karen Traviss.
Just read this last night and loved it. The push/pull between the two consciousnesses of Gravemind and Cortana was pulled off pretty well I think.

If I had read this story before Halo 3 it would have made some of the Gravemind scenes (and pauses) more bearable.

GhaleonEB said:
Hmmm. Still don't believe. But it'll leak any day now regardless.
Pretty much.

Someone discussed the possibilty of a podcast before launch, what're the odds?
Urk did say the equipment was boxed, but surely either
a) They've moved enough to make it worth un-boxing
b) There's enough time to unpack the basics, even if audio quality is sacrificed.

Is it due to Brian being away? Do we know if he's heading back before Gamescom? (I'd bet he'd have that time off of course)

angelkimne said:
Cool, I was wondering if Reach was gonna have Avatar Awards's.

Carter's helmet is gonna be a ***** to get. :(
Though you could probably just try it on the training mission.
It doesn't say that you have to not die on a solo legendary mission run. Just hop into a 4 player mission and take the tail end. Should be easy enough I would think.

big ander

Zeouterlimits said:
Pretty much.

Someone discussed the possibilty of a podcast before launch, what're the odds?
Urk did say the equipment was boxed, but surely either
a) They've moved enough to make it worth un-boxing
b) There's enough time to unpack the basics, even if audio quality is sacrificed.

Is it due to Brian being away? Do we know if he's heading back before Gamescom? (I'd bet he'd have that time off of course)
Hell, I'd take 40 minutes of Urk, Sketch, Luke, and Jerome just shooting shit while recording on an iPhone.
Major Williams said:
It doesn't say that you have to not die on a solo legendary mission run. Just hop into a 4 player mission and take the tail end. Should be easy enough I would think.
More difficult now that the game scales the difficulty for the number of players.

NOKYARD

*peeks through the darkness*

Someone please let urk know the link to "Halo 3: ODST Mythic Guide: NMPD HQ" is broken on the COMM CHATTER.

Thank you.

*backs into the shadows*

Sibylus

Banned
Thread needs some Midol before someone gets stabbed in the eye.

big ander said:
More difficult now that the game scales the difficulty for the number of players.
I've heard this in a few places, but no details on it. Does the health/damage of NPCs scale?

Dani said:
Probably old. Minor non-story spoilers.

There are
5 avatar awards
in Halo: Reach. Here is exaclty how to get them in the game:

- Carter's Helmet: Clear a Campaign mission on Legendary without dying.
- Emile's Helmet: Earn a Bulltrue medal in either multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking.
- Jorge's Helmet: Earn a Killtacular in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Jun's Helmet: Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either the Campaign or Firefight.
- Kat's Helmet: Avenge a teammate's death in multiplayer Matchmaking.

With the last one it's just so obvious that
............Kat..........
is going to die now.

Dirtbag

Bungieware said:
With the last one it's just so obvious that
............Kat..........
is going to die now.

Am I the only one convinced that all of Noble team are going to die, Kat will probably just check out earlier. Maybe some crazy way the rest of Noble team ends up on the Dyson Sphere that we see in halo 3 ending so Chief won't be totally alone in his upcoming sequels, but I'm not holding my breath.

Botolf said:
It will pretty much be a twist if
anyone survives the events of Halo Reach, imo.
(speculation)
EDIT:Beaten and....
Exactly

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sweet news for UK folks.

w_haloreach_title_x2.gif
w_haloreach_x2.jpg

UK folks have a chance to obtain the previously US/Gamestop exclusive Amour piece (UA Multi-Threat Mjolnir Mark V(B) Armor) by pre-ordering with GAME.

Link

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Sweet news for UK folks.

w_haloreach_title_x2.gif
w_haloreach_x2.jpg

UK folks have a chance to obtain the previously US/Gamestop exclusive Amour piece (UA Multi-Threat Mjolnir Mark V(B) Armor) by pre-ordering with GAME.

Link

They could have at least updated the Recon helmet for that ad.
Regardless, that's awesome news for you guys.

Dani said:
Sweet news for UK folks.

Link
Hell yes, Hydranockz & I are set, now they just have to do a midnight opening.

Zeouterlimits said:
Hell yes, Hydranockz & I are set, now they just have to do a midnight opening.
I also have a preorder with GAME. But it's the regular edition, because apparently they only have that and Legendary, and a few days after I preordered Legendary they rang me to tell me they actually wouldn't have one to give me. :(

I preordered with GAME too, took advantage of that £10 off deal they were running last year. They always get preorders to my door the day before release. Good to see they're including those bonus items too :D

Shake Appeal said:
I also have a preorder with GAME. But it's the regular edition, because apparently they only have that and Legendary, and a few days after I preordered Legendary they rang me to tell me they actually wouldn't have one to give me. :(

They have the limited edition on their website as well....

Cynar

Deadly Cyclone said:
Halo-Gaf, I am going to try Endure one more time tonight. Previous attempts have been killed by lag, but I will be visiting my parents and I believe their internet will work better.

Anyone up for giving it a shot knowing it may not necessarily wokr (it should this time hopefully)? If it doesn't work I may just jump into Halo 3.
What time are you thinking of trying at?

zumphry

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
The aliens win. They glass the planet with the biggest space lasers you could imagine. But the Master Chief escapes and lives to start another franchise.

FUCK

So that's what "From the beginning, you know the end" means?

Chinner said:
lets put dax in a wheelchair guys!!!

If anyone is gonna be put in a wheelchair, it's gonna be me dangit!
emot-colbert.gif

dax is alright, I'd honestly say that I'm more annoying

Not knowing where I'm going to be living in a month is full of fail :(. I'm thinking about dropping pre-order both in brooklyn and the suburbs to make sure I've got a pre-order somewhere, in case any local stores are doing early releases.

Bungieware said:
They have the limited edition on their website as well....
I know, I had a long conversation with the guy at the register, who also happened to be the assistant manager. He is convinced there are only two SKUs.

Shake Appeal said:
I know, I had a long conversation with the guy at the register, who also happened to be the assistant manager. He is convinced there are only two SKUs.

Hahaha brilliant. I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation to take out my iphone and direct him to their own website.

GhaleonEB

So I'd sketched up a pretty crazy BTB map based on my initial look at the Forge World objects. But I thought maybe I was going a little too bonkers. The Sketch Up set of object released made me go back and look more closely at the shot of the objects, I'm not so sure, actually. The two floor pieces are just enormous. I think it might be doable after all. I'm finding that more than revisiting ideas I'd shelved from efforts at Halo 3's Forge, I'm actually getting more ambitious. Hopefully the per object category limits aren't too much of an impediment. I'm going to need eight or ten of giant floor pieces, mixed between the two types.
Bungieware said:
Hahaha brilliant. I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation to take out my iphone and direct him to their own website.
I was about to say the same thing. :lol

Zeouterlimits said:
Unlikely, being in Ireland.
This really is one of the shittiest things. Despite the fact that the release date is the 14th, every last one of my friends in the UK is going to have it on the 13th because they preordered from shopto or wherever. If I do the same, it's a lottery that it'll even arrive on release day.

Curse you, An Post.

Bungieware said:
lol you go to your midnight opening, and I'll be playing it all day on the 13th
Technically, when me and Zeouter crsh at his place to stay up all night gaming (Totally happening), it will be the 13th in the US still :p

Shake Appeal said:
This really is one of the shittiest things. Despite the fact that the release date is the 14th, every last one of my friends in the UK is going to have it on the 13th because they preordered from shopto or wherever. If I do the same, it's a lottery that it'll even arrive on release day.

Curse you, An Post.
Better than having your truck full of PSPs robbed :p

Shake Appeal said:

Curse you, An Post.
Indeed, sir, indeed.
Ordering online with H3 resulted in me having two copies of the game, which while turned out as time went by to be handy, is expensive.
Shake Appeal said:
Have you tried elsewhere? It's €110 in HMV.

I kept my preorder at GAME. I might go to the HMV that's nearby. (My local GAME is in the Dundrum Town Centre in Dublin.)

Seems more likely that GAME will be doing a midnight opening, though, and I might, just might be tempted to go to my first ever midnight opening.

Shake Appeal said:
I kept my preorder at GAME. I might go to the HMV that's nearby. (My local GAME is in the Dundrum Town Centre in Dublin.)

Seems more likely that GAME will be doing a midnight opening, though, and I might, just might be tempted to go to my first ever midnight opening.
Went to the midnight opening in Limerick for the DS, man Ireland sucks but hey it was an experience for sure.

What's the updated Recon helmet? No crescent bit?

Duardo

Neo Member
I like it. It's more "modern" looking. Though...it's ironic that it's before Halo: CE.
Lunchbox said:
that logo looks duuuumb

wow bungie. halo3 one was cool. it was iconic. if i saw that bright blue icon on someones gamercard, halo3 would instantly pop into my mind. i didnt even have to think. this generic ass GREY/BLACK logo is terribad. i have to squint to even see the emblem thing inside, let alone say oh thats halo or dudes playing halo.

2/10

GhaleonEB said:
So I'd sketched up a pretty crazy BTB map based on my initial look at the Forge World objects. But I thought maybe I was going a little too bonkers. The Sketch Up set of object released made me go back and look more closely at the shot of the objects, I'm not so sure, actually. The two floor pieces are just enormous. I think it might be doable after all. I'm finding that more than revisiting ideas I'd shelved from efforts at Halo 3's Forge, I'm actually getting more ambitious. Hopefully the per object category limits aren't too much of an impediment. I'm going to need eight or ten of giant floor pieces, mixed between the two types.

I was about to say the same thing. :lol
I'm getting so pumped to get into Forge World. A lot of ideas that I had with H3 only came to be realized in a much smaller version than what I had wanted. Now it seems the only thing really holding us back will be how well the design works. I love it.

Hey You

Anyone who frequents BNet may have noticed Shishka aka Chad Armstrong no longer posses the Bungie Employee Gold Bar and Text.

I hope this won't effect MM updates and such.

Top Bottom