• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wizpig said:
Also, can you guys confirm if this is true or fake?

Thanks. (this would also be dumb, because lots of native english speakers usually mute me just because i don't speak in English).

I like it because it will keep the dumb ass singers and over all douchebags from being idiots. I personally don't mute non English speakers, but I hear people bitch about them all the time. Typically the people being racist, or just flat out assholes about people not speaking English get the mute from me. I would imagine the majority of people do the same.

Louis Wu said:
For folks worried about the whole Tom Morello scare, this might soothe fears:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1001750

Awesome, good to hear.

Wizman23 said:
OMG the logo in the xbox dashboard does not look cool enough. Reason 100 to cancel my pre order. Ya know every week you fucking crybabies one up yourselves from the previous week in terms of whining about pointless shit. This BYE FAR takes the cake.
No, your post does.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I just got XBL again, and after 10 minutes I gave up on trying to have any real communication with folks on my team. It's just useless, haha. I'll be saving my headset for Saturday Night Customs and spontaneous HaloGAF games.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Louis Wu said:

You mean a kid using the already disproved profile modding in addition to pretending to be a known leaker is lying?

017-crybaby.gif

Still, anyone not wishing to be spoiled that doesn't take incidents like these as warnings will soon be very regretful.

Anyway, any expected Reach news this week? I don't recall anything mentioned.

After reading some of the Waypoint forums, a particular topic caught my eye -

Can we get some sort of confirmation on the number of Spartans there were?

In FoR, it states there are 33 Spartan IIs that survive augmentation, yet somehow an additional 12 are listed as 'active' and appear to have survived the augmentation process (including Jorge). And the way the canon lists things, it appears that there could be up to 62 surviving Spartan IIs from the augmentation process.

Why do you think that is?

Schmitty said:
Agreed. It is kind of blah
I kept trying to figure out what logo lunchbox was talking about (I'm a little slow). If that is going to be the actual icon for Reach, it definitely needs to be changed. However, it seems more likely that it's just a placeholder.
Alienshogun said:
I like it because it will keep the dumb ass singers and over all douchebags from being idiots. I personally don't mute non English speakers, but I hear people bitch about them all the time. Typically the people being racist, or just flat out assholes about people not speaking English get the mute from me. I would imagine the majority of people do the same.
It will help, but I can also see this getting abused. A group of 3 friends playing team games together all mute their 4th random teammate just because they think it's funny. Does that 4th person get a 1-day mic ban or is there more to it?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Probably old. Minor non-story spoilers.

There are
5 avatar awards
in Halo: Reach. Here is exaclty how to get them in the game:

- Carter's Helmet: Clear a Campaign mission on Legendary without dying.
- Emile's Helmet: Earn a Bulltrue medal in either multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking.
- Jorge's Helmet: Earn a Killtacular in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Jun's Helmet: Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either the Campaign or Firefight.
- Kat's Helmet: Avenge a teammate's death in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Louis Wu said:

BioWare said something smiliar with some ME2 spoilers. But in the end
the spoilers were real

Edit.:
There are
5 avatar awards

- Jun's Helmet: Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either the Campaign or Firefight.
So over 100 enemies in one campaign level confirmed?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:

There are
5 avatar awards

- Emile's Helmet: Earn a Bulltrue medal in either multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking.

Holy crap that first one, wow.

It doesn't specify solo or not though, so maybe it's not that bad.

Hypertrooper said:
So over 100 enemies in one campaign level confirmed?

I'll just set firefight to easy and farm that one.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I was holding back on posting those images, Kibbles. Wanted to verify it before jumping to any conclusions, but there's nothing else but these pictures and some guy claiming one of his friends has it.

But yeah. They look real enough.

Kibbles said:
I think this may be legit. Although it's weird how he doesn't show a picture of something we haven't seen, like a new map. I don't know the guy so I can't ask him, unless that's his gamertag...

images]
Where'd you find this? I also think it's odd he doesn't have anything we haven't seen.

Kibbles said:
I think this may be legit. Although it's weird how he doesn't show a picture of something we haven't seen, like a new map. I don't know the guy so I can't ask him, unless that's his gamertag...
Wow... It's amazing how consistently Halo games seem to get leaked.

I wonder when it'll end up on torrent site.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Regarding those leaked images,

- sourced to an illegal pirate ISO sharing website
- person that took the pictures is demanding a substantial amount of money/MS points
- The name on the images is the Gamertag of the person in question

Kibbles, you should probably consider taking down the images from your post. Especially considering the nature of the source.

I still think this guy is fake. Nothing new shown and he's asking for money. :lol

I'll never understand those leakers or fake ones; if I really had the game, I'd just be showing off new and never-before-seen material, as an evidence.

They're just a bunch of attention whores.

And you know why? Even if they have the game, they have to play by themselves:lol .

wwm0nkey

This whole "leak" thing is getting dumb. Why do kids believe anything from someone who modded the game into his gamer card? Also there are some people who keep saying "oh well he doesnt have all achievements so that proves it!" Well actually you can unlock individual achievements when you mod a game to your profile too, it doesnt have to be all at once! (sorry kind of ranting about the Bungie forums last night)

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
Wow... It's amazing how consistently Halo games seem to get leaked.

I wonder when it'll end up on torrent site.
I've seen each of those three images before. Specifically, the shot of options is from a Comic-Con demo, as is the Forge World pic. The menu looks like the Comic-con build, with the known modes shopped in. And he has Firefight highlighted, which was one of the two modes in the Comic-Con build.

When he shows a new gametype or something not announced, believe.
Dani said:
Regarding those leaked images,

- person that took the pictures is demanding a substantial amount of money/MS points
- The name on the images is the Gamertag of the person in question

Kibbles, you should probably consider taking down the images from your post. Especially considering the nature of the source.
Hmmm. Still don't believe. But it'll leak any day now regardless.

Dani said:

LOL, so serious about shots we've already seen. Besides, where were you expecting a leak to come from?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Looking at the vidoc for Forge World that shot of the Falcon is not in there....the camera is never angled like that behind the falcon in order to allow the person to just be running that video on his tv to take a picture of it.

I am thinking this might be legit. :/

big ander

Lunchbox said:
So no one told you life was gonna to be this way.
Your job's a joke, you're broke, you're love life's DOA.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear,
Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.

But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour.
I'll be there for you, like I've been there before.
I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too.
well this will be stuck in my head all day

Dani said:

There are
5 avatar awards

Don't highlight the below if you don't even want a chance at spoilers. I'm going to guess at campaign stuff from the above info.
-Carter's going to have a "spartans never die" sort of ending. He'll make it to the very end, then sacrifice himself for something.
-Pretty simple, Emile has a shotgun, he'll stop an elite with a sword at some point.
-Jorge has a turret. This turret likes to chew up aliens. Sometimes up to 5 within four seconds of each other.
-I feel so sure that Kat dies.

wwm0nkey

Not a Jellyfish said:
Looking at the vidoc for Forge World that shot of the Falcon is not in there....the camera is never angled like that behind the falcon in order to allow the person to just be running that video on his tv to take a picture of it.

I am thinking this might be legit. :/
Sadly I do too :(

If those spoilers that where posted on b.net where true too I will kill a man!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
big ander said:
well this will be stuck in my head all day

Don't highlight the below if you don't even want a chance at spoilers. I'm going to guess at campaign stuff from the above info.
-Carter's going to have a "spartans never die" sort of ending. He'll make it to the very end, then sacrifice himself for something.
-Pretty simple, Emile has a shotgun, he'll stop an elite with a sword at some point.
-Jorge has a turret. This turret likes to chew up aliens. Sometimes up to 5 within four seconds of each other.
-I feel so sure that Kat dies.

Hah, I never even considered you would infer Campaign spoilers from that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo-Gaf, I am going to try Endure one more time tonight. Previous attempts have been killed by lag, but I will be visiting my parents and I believe their internet will work better.

Anyone up for giving it a shot knowing it may not necessarily wokr (it should this time hopefully)? If it doesn't work I may just jump into Halo 3.

Wizman23 said:
I figured u were in the d bag brigade also. You should have taken Wu's advice and not posted till launch. No one here likes you. You just can't come to accept that.
I think this qualifies for one of the most childish posts I've seen in HaloGAF, and that's saying something.

Dirtbag

Wizman23 said:
I figured u were in the d bag brigade also. You should have taken Wu's advice and not posted till launch. No one here likes you. You just can't come to accept that.

I've got a brigade! March my little puppets MARCH!!!

PooBone

Wizman23 said:
I like Dax.

Sai-kun

Banned
Wizman23 said:
Uhhhhhhhh

Not sure if serious.gif :|

Really dude? Chill out. Get over yourself.

Edit: I like Dax :3

Top Bottom