• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Hey You

Looks like Tom Morello might be up to something again. Claiming he'll leak Reach if everyone comes up with something for this chicks birthday. :lol

Hey You said:
Looks like Tom Morello might be up to something again. Claiming he'll leak Reach if everyone comes up with something for this chicks birthday. :lol

wut. Geez who is this guy and why does he have such good connections?

Hey You

Genesis Knight said:
wut. Geez who is this guy and why does he have such good connections?
I don't know. You would think after last years incident with Tom, Microsoft would have tightened up. Guess not.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Guys, I know the real Tom Morello, not the guitarist but the guy that leaked the details from the early build. This is not his GT and this is not something he has offered. It's fake.

Blueblur1

Deadly Cyclone said:
I think Tom Morello has now become a cover name for leaking Halo materials. :lol
8w0d39.jpg

JaggedSac

Not sure where else to put this, but what do you guys think about this idea?

A challenge system, where players can challenge other players to matches. Perhaps you could send a request to all parties involved, such as those you would like on your team, and those on the other team. The request would contain game type, win conditions, etc. It would also contain a wager of credits for winning. You would lose credits for losing. You can not specify the amount of credits to be won or lost, that would be determined via an algorithm that would base it on the win conditions and ranks of those involved in the match. So if it is a bunch of high level players challenging a bunch of low level players to a standard slayer match, no credits could be won, but if they claim they will win the slayer match by 20 kills, they could make some credits off of it. Some sort of calendering system would be needed in order to let everyone in the challenge agree on a time. If someone doesn't show up for the match, it is canceled and the only person losing credits would be the person that did not show up. There might also be a week ban from challenges or something if you miss too many. There would also need to be a limit on the number of challenges you can request during a certain amount of time. Not sure if this has been done in other games, just popped in the ole noggin today.

EDIT: Just thought of another aspect that could be added. Perhaps after a matchmaking match is over, players could challenge the other team to a rematch. Credits would be wagered, win conditions agreed upon, etc.

Dani said:
Guys, I know the real Tom Morello, not the guitarist but the guy that leaked the details from the early build. This is not his GT and this is not something he has offered. It's fake.

Really? So that info that leaked all that time ago you knew about before hand? Or did he tell the world before he told his friends? AAAARRGHH WHO THE FUCK IS TOM MORELLO!!!!!!!!?

Edit: Oh shit! So this isn't T0M M0RELLO? (scroll down to the bottom)

Ramirez

Dani said:

FUD.com gets all of their info from Tom Morello, confirmed?

Sibylus

Banned
NullPointer said:
I like to take a moment and ponder this principle every time I look over at my Halo 3 cat helmet. Just sitting there, laconic and reflective...

Halo 3 hype got to me good. I was fucking rabid in anticipation. I got the same pre-release hype from ODST's live action trailer too.

But speaking of pre-release hype, what we saw of Reach at e3 looked a lot like that ODST trailer - with the enemy dropships landing with a scream and a thud, explosions going off everywhere, moving your team as a unit towards the objective across a wide open battlefield.

So for me, this time, its more about the actual gameplay (and the beta helped a ton here). Story will be a nice bonus, but one I can't expect to be fully realized to my satisfaction.
I agree, especially with the bolded. By the time I actually had the controller in my hands and was playing, I was in no condition to judge the game on its merits and demerits. Every other sentence that came out of my mouth as I was playing the campaign the first night was rather embarrassing. Hype-euphoria burned me pretty bad.

In Reach, I think I probably echo your sentiment that gameplay is what's on the fore of my mind. Looking forward to how all the new additions will behave in campaign, the possibilities certainly seem exciting on paper. Time will tell how they turn out.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Typos are our gift of chaos to the banality of order.
Perp located.

Yea if I wanted to see a sword spree I would just rewatch Dax's MM footage.

Show us some real stuff, DMR's going off, and kids who have some sort of history of actually not being terrible at games for a living (IGN)

Basically I already understand what Reach gameplay is going to be like if I were bad. I need to see what its going to actually look like. :lol

Ramirez said:
Why can't Waypoint do something useful like put up some full matches on these maps?
That's a great idea.

I've been surprised by whats on tap at Waypoint now and again. Vociferous has some nice breakdowns of various encounters in Halo: CE and gives some neat suggestions to get the most bang for your buck out of Halo 3.

I'd love to see more features along this direction, for ODST and Reach when it ships.

feel

Wait, I'm a bit confused, I check on xbox.com

35bcr34.jpg

and he does have the game.

The fake part is that he is asking for ideas for a friend's present?

Who is this guy and how does he get to play it so early? :/

Kibbles said:
You can mod your profile somehow to show achievements for other games. Notice he he hasn't played it online yet either.
Oh, I didn't know that.

Kapura

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea if I wanted to see a sword spree I would just rewatch Dax's MM footage.

Show us some real stuff, DMR's going off, and kids who have some sort of history of actually not being terrible at games for a living (IGN)

Basically I already understand what Reach gameplay is going to be like if I were bad. I need to see what its going to actually look like. :lol
I think I love you.

Kibbles

Letters said:
Wait, I'm a bit confused, I check on xbox.com

35bcr34.jpg

and he does have the game.

The fake part is that he is asking for ideas for a friend's present?

Who is this guy and how does he get to play it so early? :/
You can mod your profile somehow to show achievements for other games. Notice he he hasn't played it online yet either.

EazyB

Banned
Ramirez said:
Why can't Waypoint do something useful like put up some full matches on these maps?
I don't know, I got a pretty good idea of how stockpile plays on Zealot even with that clip's brevity.

It looks like a game of capture and defense.

I am loving the polish on that game though. The left hand of the sword wielding spartan looks alive and the general pace of the game are things I annot wait to experience.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
AWESOME NEWS: I got XBL again! Gamertag = popular revolt. I'll be stalking adding most of you HaloGAF regulars (and a few semi-regulars).

Alucrid

Banned
Kibbles said:
That is generally done with a save of the game. So either he has the game or he somehow got a save of the game.

big ander

Alucrid said:
That is generally done with a save of the game. So either he has the game or he somehow got a save of the game.
It can and has been done so without saves of the game.
Urk said it himself, they released the achievements so that when they uploaded them to the servers or whatever, the hackers would have nothing to film in shaky-cam and say "I r T0m and I has Reech!!"

Trasher

EazyB said:
I don't know, I got a pretty good idea of how stockpile plays on Zealot even with that clip's brevity.

It looks like a game of capture and defense.
I wonder how many times on average I said this during the beta when we played stockpile.

Voltron64

Dani said:
You're Tom Morello!
ptzxc.jpg

Butane123

GodfatherX said:
So who else has a great map idea in mind for forge, but realize you suck at forge and you'll never do it?
I would think (or hope) that most maps wouldn't be too hard to make in the new Forge.

If not, I'm sure someone around here wouldn't mind making it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GodfatherX said:
So who else has a great map idea in mind for forge, but realize you suck at forge and you'll never do it?

2fort from Team Fortress.

If I had any skill with forge that would be my first undertaking.

Top Bottom