• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Lunchbox

Banned
that logo looks duuuumb

wow bungie. halo3 one was cool. it was iconic. if i saw that bright blue icon on someones gamercard, halo3 would instantly pop into my mind. i didnt even have to think. this generic ass GREY/BLACK logo is terribad. i have to squint to even see the emblem thing inside, let alone say oh thats halo or dudes playing halo.

2/10

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Lunchbox said:
that logo looks duuuumb

wow bungie. halo3 one was cool. it was iconic. if i saw that bright blue icon on someones gamercard, halo3 would instantly pop into my mind. i didnt even have to think. this generic ass GREY/BLACK logo is terribad. i have to squint to even see the emblem thing inside, let alone say oh thats halo or dudes playing halo.

2/10

I like it.

GodfatherX said:
So who else has a great map idea in mind for forge, but realize you suck at forge and you'll never do it?

Me. I always have amazing ideas for maps in Halo 3, but when I actually start Forging them, they never turn out how I want them to be.

I'm hoping that will change with Forge 2.0 with it being easier and all, but I still think I'm going to run into that probably occasionally.

Having said that, I'm still super stoked for Forge 2.0.

Lazslo

Just found this video dissection of the 'Battle Begins' trailer by the guys over at IGN. While most of the people here don't need any help understanding what is happening during this trailer, I thought it might give good insight for the less familiar. I remember watching one of these back in the day that Luke Smith did for the CG Halo 3 commerical with the two kids that was pretty awesome, but can't seem it find it these days.

EazyB

Banned
Lazslo said:
Just found this video dissection of the 'Battle Begins' trailer by the guys over at IGN. While most of the people here don't need any help understanding what is happening during this trailer, I thought it might give good insight for the less familiar. I remember watching one of these back in the day that Luke Smith did for the CG Halo 3 commerical with the two kids that was pretty awesome, but can't seem it find it these days.
Is this it?

feel

Lunchbox said:
that logo looks duuuumb

2/10

I really dig it. It's on par with the serious tone of the game. I think it's great how they went with something classy, minimalistic, without any text. Halo Reach really won't be needing the extra push in advertising that gamercards could provide. The logo will be meaningful for those who actually played the game, let the unworthy ones not recognize it.

EazyB said:
:lol :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
godhandiscen said:
It combines two of my favorite things.
http://gunshowcomic.com/comics/20081208.png[img]
[img]http://gunshowcomic.com/comics/20081209.png[img][/QUOTE]
I wish that was an entire series.

Lazslo said:
Absolutely. Never gets old.

Edit: I actually just found it.
Oh my god, the helmet/Kelly shot reversal mention before It transitions into the chief... Never noticed that.

I always watch Starry Night to get my hype up then I watch the Reach trailer to feel as Hyped as I should be, XD. Truly never gets old.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frankie, just finished your story in Evolutions, awesome, great work. I hope we feel the same sense of despair/heroics in Reach as Baird in the story. Also I want to fight a covenant black-ops squad. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, I miss the old 1up. I remember watching the video break downs. I was actually watching some Broken Pixels last night. China Warrior and Robocop. Too good.

Jb

Lazslo said:
Just found this video dissection of the 'Battle Begins' trailer by the guys over at IGN. While most of the people here don't need any help understanding what is happening during this trailer, I thought it might give good insight for the less familiar.
I just bought and finished 3 and ODST for the first time this week, and I'm actually glad I'm lttp on the halo franchise now that Reach is only a few weeks away. I might try to get better at the MP in the meantime.

Bungie staff, I call on you to stop this and confirm that the spoilers are indeed fake. :p

It would be a shame if I knew the ending over a month before the game's release.

angelkimne said:
Bungie staff, I call on you to stop this and confirm that the spoilers are indeed fake. :p

It would be a shame if I knew the ending over a month before the game's release.
? Just don't read them. It's going to leak eventually, sooner rather than later.

Roche

Sucks having to limit my internet activity to avoid the spoilers, I've had to make a list of trusted sites and Gaf is among that handful of sites.
So please, don't let me down Gaf!

The aliens win. They glass the planet with the biggest space lasers you could imagine. But the Master Chief escapes and lives to start another franchise.

Shake , If you get any angry Pms from someone you actually spoil. You should be obligated to post 'em here. :lol

Btw, Just went through and watched my backlog of 720p Halo 3 Cutscenes. And hot damn, I'm so hyped right now. Considering how grandiose and exhilarating Halo 3 was with just teh cut-scenes, Bungie having titled Reach as their Swan Song to Halo, I just have no words. Just tears.

Chinner said:
the friends cast realize that they're all separating for the last time; monica and chandler are moving out of their flat into a new house with their newly adopted kids, and ross and rachael finally get together. they go into the coffee shop one last night.
Dude, I'm actually currently going through that series on DVD ... :| Don't ask how I missed it for all those years on TV.

Chinner

Banned
the friends cast realize that they're all separating for the last time; monica and chandler are moving out of their flat into a new house with their newly adopted kids, and ross and rachael finally get together. they go into the coffee shop one last night.

Wiggum2007

Chinner said:

Fixed.

Lunchbox

Banned
So no one told you life was gonna to be this way.
Your job's a joke, you're broke, you're love life's DOA.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear,
Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.

But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour.
I'll be there for you, like I've been there before.
I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too.

Wizpig

Lunchbox said:
that logo looks duuuumb

2/10
This. :|
Change that logo, please.

Also, can you guys confirm if this is true or fake?

Bungie implements "mute ban" - if you get muted by half the players you play with your mic gets banned from halo for a day.

Thanks. (this would also be dumb, because lots of native english speakers usually mute me just because i don't speak in english).

Schmitty

Lunchbox said:
that logo looks duuuumb

2/10
Agreed. It is kind of blah

Wizman23

Banned
OMG the logo in the xbox dashboard does not look cool enough. Reason 100 to cancel my pre order. Ya know every week you fucking crybabies one up yourselves from the previous week in terms of whining about pointless shit. This BYE FAR takes the cake.

Wizman23 said:
OMG the logo in the xbox dashboard does not look cool enough. Reason 100 to cancel my pre order. Ya know every week you fucking crybabies one up yourselves from the previous week in terms of whining about pointless shit. This BYE FAR takes the cake.
It's lunchbox bro.

Wizman23 said:

this is a halo thread... the most minute of details can spark intense debate.

Wizpig said:
Thanks. (this would also be dumb, because lots of native english speakers usually mute me just because i don't speak in english).

May I suggest the following:

- Filter by language
- If you here people speaking a certain language then maybe don't to speak to them in another language. I often mute people who keep speaking in another language if they are the only one in the game that speaks that language, they do so at a very high volume, and they keeping doing so even when you try to explain that you don't speak their language.
- Even if you do get muted then there's always party chat... they can't stop you using that.

Top Bottom