• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Review Thread

Great scores. I may end up grabbing this on day one instead of waiting for a price drop. Want to support high quality, unique titles like this.

Breh, this video basically sold me on the game despite me already planning on getting it lol

Also that new outfit is pretty cool

Thanks, glad you liked it! :)

Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did.

Damn, those are some high scores. Hopefully the final build irons out the performance issues that turned me off of the demo, even though I enjoyed the first game.

It does. I played the demo when it released in Japan and was a little bit disappointed with how it ran, but the final game is much smoother. I don't recall encountering any hiccups at all, though I did play on the PS4 Pro so keep that in mind.

dracula_x

Wow is that second picture actual Gravity Rush concept art? Or is it the mentioned Studio 4C/European art? Looks incredible. If it's Gravity Rush art, I might seriously think about getting some franchise art books...

this one?

pe7J4D9.jpg

it's from Tekkonkinkreet (manga series by Taiyo Matsumoto)

tusken77

Loved the first game, thoroughly enjoyed platinuming it. Very pleased with the reviews so far, I'll happily take more of the same in the sequel. Playing some lunchtime Everybody's Golf as Kat to celebrate.

kTg2Kfx.png

Hanmik

It does. I played the demo when it released in Japan and was a little bit disappointed with how it ran, but the final game is much smoother. I don't recall encountering any hiccups at all, though I did play on the PS4 Pro so keep that in mind.

indeed the game runs fine on the Pro.

AmuroChan

Because the first game bombed and not exacly a critical success as well.

Remember new ip like folklore, genji, lair, heavenly sword that fail to take off and never got a sequel?

I was very surprised when I see GR2 teaser announced. It's not like they announce gr2 as soon as gr1 is released.

To me, that's what I like about Sony. They generally will let their studios make what they want to make to a certain extent, even if it's not going to be a huge commercial success. We all know Dreams will bomb when it comes out, but they're going to let Media Molecule make it nonetheless.

RRockman

Banned
I guess it's just me but I really hate how people just generalize plots like oh it's anime like. Maybe I don't watch enough anime but When ever I here that phrase it's like "oh umm so it's somewhere between Naruto and Monster? Maybe they mean it's trippy like Paranoia Agent? I dunno if they mean it's like some genieric shonen hero stuff or its just random twists out of nowhere like some bad anime I've seen(nothing like the ones mentioned). So can people some one clarify for me, does anime like = shonen hero bs? Like
(trust in you friends and get super strength when they are in danger?)
or is it something else?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This remains a weird game. I hate some missions but love others. It really bounces back and forth between amazing and amazingly stupid.

Gaming needs individual games like this. Reminds me of the good old Gamecube/Ps2 era when everything was allowed.

We've been stuck with story driven AAA games that almost play themselves for too long. It's just nice to see the balance again. If you can call this an AA game, I'm all for it. We have games like Last Guardian, Nier Automata and Gravity Rush 2 now...I love it!

black070

This remains a weird game. I hate some missions but love others. It really bounces back and forth between amazing and amazingly stupid.

When will the DF analysis be dropping ? I'm curious to find out how the Pro benefits - an upped resolution is the hope.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
When will the DF analysis be dropping ? I'm curious to find out how the Pro benefits - an upped resolution is the hope.
I'll have a performance video out very soon (working on it now)

I'll have the details on Pro support as well as performance there, at the very least.

Solid reviews. Was worried that the controls would be too fussy for most reviewers to enjoy it and though some had complaints it seems they were still able to enjoy it.

Personally I always felt that the controls and combat of Gravity Rush either clicks with you or it can seem like you are fighting it for the better part of the game.

ramyeon

Game honestly sounds great - sounds like more of the first game but better.

Didn't enjoy it a lot on the Vita but recently picked up Remastered on sale and LOVED it so I can't wait for this. Got it preordered in anticipation.

nice to hear it's a massive game, are the side missions/quests just fluff? or are they meaty?

Like Hanmik said, they're pretty good. They repurpose the systems from the main game in interesting ways (one sees you marketing ice cream, while another is basically tower defence). Some of them are obviously better than others, but the game always writes interesting scenarios around them, which was enough to make me want to see as many as I had time to before writing the review, and I'll be going back to clean up the ones I missed.

They're vastly superior to the side-quests in a game like Final Fantasy XV for example. They're not just fetch quests.

EDIT: Without meaning to sound like a shill, it's worth remembering there's free DLC on the way, too. So you're getting a LOT of Gravity Rush for your money here.

ianpm31

Already bought GR2, Yakuza 0, and RE7. I know I can't play them all at once but these are games that I want to own day 1 and support.

CHC

Solid scores!

But damn I'm honestly not sure I'd want a 30 - 40 hour campaign from this one. That's long!

ys45

Kotaku said some worrying stuff in their review though.

Shitty stealth missions and racing missions with cheating opponents plus, checkpoint seems to be inconsistent (said he lost 10-15 mins of game progress these things can make me quit a game, hopefully, it won't be as bad as the reviewer said.

I guess I'll find out next week.

CHC

the campaign is not that long... more like 15-20 hours.. even faster if you rush.

It'll only take you that long if you do all of the optional activities. Main story took me just shy of 20 hours to finish.

Cool.

Really does sound like a huge leap in quality from the first game, like an Uncharted 1 -> 2 kinda thing here. Looking forward to getting this a little bit down the road.

I was probably going to skip this since I never played the first game but all these great reviews are starting to convince me to pick this one up!

JBwB

Nice! The scores are pretty much where I expected them to be.

Looking forward to playing it myself soon.

Top Bottom