• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielsan said:
I doubt Constanza was a joke character, he was just a douche.

I miss Crushed. :(
The only people I don't like here are just the completely unreasonable ones. That can never see the other sides point.

That excludes Amirox because he can see the other sides point. He just writes it off outright and goes about his business.:lol

Seriously, you guys are awesome.

Circle jerk?

Wallach

Thunder Monkey said:
The only people I don't like here are just the completely unreasonable ones. That can never see the other sides point.

That excludes Amirox because he can see the other sides point. He just writes it off outright and goes about his business.:lol

Circle jerk?

I will not play crackers with you, Thunder Monkey. :lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Thunder Monkey said:

Circle jerk?

I can't circle jerk unfortunately because circles turn me off. It would have to be a hexagon jerk or rhombus jerk.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'd be really surprised if Costanza was a joke character.

Some of fistfulofmetal's post-gaf postings make me think he was largely a joke character, however.

I never really thought of Astrolad as a joke character so much as a poster with a shtick, usually to make a sincere and thoughtful point in a completely deadpan sarcastic manner. Same with drinky; once you were aware of the troll shtick, you could typically see what point he was driving at. Maybe that's being generous though.

If Chinner is a joke character he needs to put more effort into it.

Narag

agrajag said:
seems to me that MMA threads is the only time where he's not in character

boardgames & NFL too. Well with the Cards the way they are this year, he may end up back in form.

Sinatar said:
I kinda skimmed the thread quickly and didn't see any reference to...

mafpt5rzt.jpg

MAF has been mentioned in passing.

I dunno if DDF was a joke character, but I remember a thread revolving around him and t-shirts that was quite funny.

I too will always thank Costanza for the Toy Story Blu-Ray deal thread. Saved me some nice coin.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but you remember The Black Stallion?

Or that one guy who always had like a horrible life in Montreal? Etoile or something weird like that? Like his parents beat him and he had sickle cell or some shit and people kept stealing his stuff cuz he couldn't do anything about it and then he'd create a thread saying how he wanted to kill himself but was too weak to do it.

Shapingo

Is Shogmaster a real person? He stays locked away but every now and then he comes out of no where like a feral animal and attacks anyone in sight. Then the he disappears as if the mods refound the lock to his cage. He has the bests rants of anyone here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shapingo said:
Is Shogmaster a real person? He stays locked away but every now and then he comes out of no where like a feral animal and attacks anyone in sight. Then the he disappears as if the mods refound the lock to his cage. He has the bests rants of anyone here.
:lol

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Im not gonna wade through 4 pages, but I havnt seen anyone mention VHS Vinny. His DVD/VHS debate threads were amazing. :lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
mightynine said:
MAF has been mentioned in passing.

I dunno if DDF was a joke character, but I remember a thread revolving around him and t-shirts that was quite funny.
DDF was a definite joke character. He had some great posts

Ahh MAF
Sometimes I try to pretend Wario64 is MAF but its just not the same.

I think I still have my MAF red pikman avatar from when everybody was rocking MAFs for a couple weeks way back when. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ninj4junpei said:
Costanza was a joke character? Well that explains a lot.

I miss Crushed too. :( However, I definitely don't miss Greatness Gone.

Isn't he i_am_ben? That dude has that horrible Jake Gyllanhall gayface avatar as well. GOD THAT AVATAR

Not a joke poster per se, but I'll always remember Kitsune's meltdown after it was discovered that he really wasn't a Japanese guy living in Japan. :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
Crushed <3 bioshock Wii :lol

Astrolad, but now he doesnt sound like the king he was before. His tag should be changed to " Hail to the prince, baby"

MikeB was awesome. He just went along with his agenda and ignored any post he wanted :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Ben's Australian. I'm pretty sure Greatness Gone was American.

my bad. how can 2 different people on the planet actually like that damn picture. I want to strangle it, the user of it and a kitten every damn time I see it.

Who was that one poster who was banned and you can't type his username without it getting censored?

I remember reading something about him long ago when I was still lurking GAF.

itxaka

Defeatist
Atramental said:
Who was that one poster who was banned and you can't type his username without it getting censored?

I remember reading something about him long ago when I was still lurking GAF.
It was **********

Narag

Wasn't he just a vehicle to post NPD data anonymously? When that well dried, I never saw him post again. Edit: Guess not. Google shows more recent activity.

Shiggie said:
Opa is unbanned now, lol.

Cue a new era of Fantasy Zone appreciation threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom