• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.
costanza was annoying, crushed was awesome i lurked at that time, doom briger and one guy from gaming side i think always honest or some one who defend sony at all cost was very funny.
I also wonder why wart2x was banned

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's already been mentioned but people seem to be confusing joke (i.e. fake) characters, and real people who are just idiots on a forum.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
the•rebel said:
Is Phoenixdark still around? I always thought he was a joke character.
He's posted in the WoW thread before. Most, if not all, joke characters have never ventured into the Online section of GAF.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
the•rebel said:
Is Phoenixdark still around? I always thought he was a joke character.
I always thought so too. He seemed more prolific back in the day. I know someone besides me remembers black stallion. Joke character or best joke character?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So, can someone post an example of something Crushed would say? I'm at a loss why people say he's legendary.

Andrex said:
So, can someone post an example of something Crushed would say? I'm at a loss why people say he's legendary.
It was mostly his extensive library of gifs. You know how occasionally, someone says something that can be answered perfectly with a pic you saw somewhere once and it takes you a few minutes to run a search, upload to tinypic/photobucket and post it?

Crushed did that all the time at impossible speeds and he was damn good at it. He also created the GAF Advice Generator:

r2t3z7.gif

Didn't Costanza cause that big fall out with the ECA over on gaming? Didn't he figure out ECA's membership benefits of Amazon discounts could be stacked, but then ECA changed its policy and refused to stop auto-renewing membership dues or removing members credit card data?

Vox-Pop said:
Fistful sounded normal is that podcast he was on. He did state he loved forum attention. Costanza is probably going through a mid-young-adult crisis since his move to LA. I doubt he was ever a joke character-he only saying that to get some attention or tired part of his new life approach. Kinda feel sorry for the both of them.

serious biz

purg3

slept with Malkin
OnPoint said:
All of us in NHL-GAF appreciate Manics... who I surmise has to be a joke character. We all enjoyed his friend Forza too... RIP man

:lol his insane ramblings are the best. Were they the same person?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
viciouskillersquirrel said:
It was mostly his extensive library of gifs. You know how occasionally, someone says something that can be answered perfectly with a pic you saw somewhere once and it takes you a few minutes to run a search, upload to tinypic/photobucket and post it?

Crushed did that all the time at impossible speeds and he was damn good at it. He also created the GAF Advice Generator:

r2t3z7.gif

I do remember that GIF from my time lurking.

Wasn't he the one who had all his posts hard-deleted from the boards? Or am I thinking of someone different?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
siddx said:
Anybody know why Wraith2X was banned?
His account got hacked or something. It was mentioned a bit back, and I really don't know what happened since.

EmCeeGramr said:
Crushed was kind of an idiot, and he probably smelled too.
I agree, I bet he's hiding in a cave somewhere, smelling it up.... just attempting to infiltrate the numbers of Gaf again.

Fistful was pretty normal till he decided to play up the stick. Eventually got banned for promoting ad block. I kind of enjoy the fake persona ones. The joke characters who are serious on the other hand. Be it girls they aren't going to fuck but must defend, to prove the only system they own is the greatest ever, all the way to what political party or race they are. You know what they will say, but you never really know how to respond :lol

-PXG-

Fuzzery said:
Astrolad, Drinky, Crushed

Drinky isn't banned. His tag says he is, but he isn't. He'll post once in a while. That, or I'm going insane. I could be wrong.

Man, you guys must really hate Costzana. Poor guy. I've known him for years. I think since 2006. He's a pretty nice kid, but has some (okay...a lot) of social anxiety issues. I admit, he can be kind of odd and have random mood swings from time to time. I talked to him the other day. He moved Cali and is much happier now.

Oh yeah, he wasn't a joke character by the way. Again, just sort of socially inept and bad at handling himself on and offline.

r2t3z7.gif

Can this still be used on GAF *other than reference purposes like you are doing*

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
What about jotari? Was always posting about his problems. Brother was going to kill him or something long those lines. Gaf would give him advice but he wouldn't take it. Wash, rinse, repeat till he got banned. Was he s joke character?

Andrex said:
I do remember that GIF from my time lurking.

Wasn't he the one who had all his posts hard-deleted from the boards? Or am I thinking of someone different?
They weren't hard deleted as much as hidden from view and I don't think that's in effect anymore. Hard-deleting posts would (I think) do all sorts of nasty things to the archived data, so it's easier to flip a switch and have the page just not display them.

Anyway, after one banning, he figured out that he could still change his avatar even if he couldn't post. He used this as a mechanism to communicate with GAF (and call out Amir0x) via a 19 x 120 window, so he got "nuked" from orbit.

Meus Renaissance said:
Can this still be used on GAF *other than reference purposes like you are doing*
Why are you asking me? Check the FAQ forum.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

r2t3z7.gif
find some threads

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Anyway, after one banning, he figured out that he could still change his avatar even if he couldn't post. He used this as a mechanism to communicate with GAF (and call out Amir0x) via a 19 x 120 window, so he got "nuked" from orbit.
This dude is raw

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
shintoki said:
His account got hacked or something. It was mentioned a bit back, and I really don't know what happened since.

Thats a shame, he was good people.

Kittowny wasn't a joke character, he was just annoying as hell
Drinky isn't really banned.
Mike Works has the most epic bans in the history of gaf but he isn't a joke character.

And a joke character I encountered recently is Game Analyst.
I don't think Costanza was a joke character, just kind of a pathetic kid who needed attention.
ThunderMonkey comes across as a joke character but he is hilarious and a great member.

HiResDes

Captain Pants said:
From what I've seen. Kittonwy isn't a joke character. He's got a good 65,000 posts over on Gamespot as EvilTaru and he's more or less the same there too.
:lol ...Yeah I can cosign that.

Wallach

I've always wondered what the draw is of doing something like that. I find it hard to believe forum attention holds that much value for some people.

Blader

crazy monkey said:

I think Naked Snake MUST have ADD, or Les Enfants were engineered to not be so... stupid. It's just so odd that Big Boss is this legendary badass hero, yet when you compare them...

Mantis: I AM THE GREATEST PRACTITIONER OF PSYCHOKINESIS AND TELEPATHY, IN THE WOOORLD.
Snake: Nice parlor tricks, motherfucker, oh wait your mom died in childbirth, oh snap that's the worst burn you've gotten since you killed your entire village by accident as a child.

Sorrow: I am a ghost, I can summon ghosts, this is the ghost world, you're carrying stuff you shouldn't have and this place is totally different from where you just were, you are dead, once again I am a GHOST.
Big Boss: ARE YOU ONE OF THE COBRAS!?!??!?!? (aims gun at floating ghost)
:lol :lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Captain Pants said:
From what I've seen. Kittonwy isn't a joke character. He's got a good 65,000 posts over on Gamespot as EvilTaru and he's more or less the same there too.
That doesn't mean anything. All it means is that he's really dedicated to his annoying gimmick.:lol

He also posts at a another forum besides gamespot and neogaf.:lol

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Wallach said:
I've always wondered what the draw is of doing something like that. I find it hard to believe forum attention holds that much value for some people.
It's fun to act silly. No fear of recourse to your real life identity, anonymity, the internet is a joke, etc

DeathNote said:
did i ask how do i find things he posted? no, i asked how do i find things memorable to you that he posted....
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Crushed+viciouskillersquirrel+site:www.neogaf.com

It wasn't just any one thing, really, but the sum of a great number of things in a wide variety of unrelated threads. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it was years ago now. He wasn't notorious in and of himself, but rather in how he reacted to the stuff GAF churned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom