• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Blaster said:
Not a joke poster per se, but I'll always remember Kitsune's meltdown after it was discovered that he really wasn't a Japanese guy living in Japan. :lol
I can't wait to see my meltdown when I realize I'm not a genetically altered tamarin monkey.

Tobor

Hitokage said:
Check out the older posts.
Ironknuckle said:
I started a thread about why affirmative action was wrong, and why gay marriage was for the birds. And for that, the GAF tyrants banned me.
:lol.

He also claims he'll be getting coffee and doughnuts in heaven, so he has that going for him I guess.

ninj4junpei said:
Costanza was a joke character? Well that explains a lot.

I miss Crushed too. :( However, I definitely don't miss Greatness Gone.
Crushed was reincarnated and is still among us actually.

And no you'll never get the name out of me.

Narag

I recall him posting about being outed here on some other forum. Othewrise how true it is I cannot say but I've always been under the impression that sometimes people sneak back aboard the ship and sometimes they're allotted new identities under a condition of good behavior.

Narag said:
How true it is I cannot say but I've always been under the impression that sometimes people sneak back aboard the ship and sometimes they're allotted new identities under a condition of good behavior.
Yeah you still see flashes of his old self for sure but he has toned it down. This isn't just speculation, I know for a fact that he is still an active poster here.

itxaka

Defeatist
polyh3dron said:
Yeah you still see flashes of his old self for sure but he has toned it down. This isn't just speculation, I know for a fact that he is still an active poster here.

ffs, PM me I must know! I kind of have an idea of who he could be but still not sure because as you said, he has toned it down a lot. Old crushed was easy to spot on any thread he posted.

Equus Bellator Apex

polyh3dron said:
Stop dancing around it and out him.

pm me

Narag

I'd just leave it be. If he wanted people to know, he'd have told everyone already and feeding the monster that is forum fame only leads to bad things again.

Outside the obvious like Drinky and AniHawk's and Threi's occasional shenanigans, how can we tell who was/is joking and who wasn't/isnt?

Being honest I don't think there's much of a place for joke posters on GAF. Maybe for a place like Gamespot it's no matter but GAF in general is a place for more serious discussions and a more "at home" feel. I mean sure pulling the occasional lolcow and troll is fine and even entertain like PepsimanvsJoe, TheTakeOutBandit, and DrinkyCrow's posts. But once it becomes a regular and predictable occurrence, it gets old and super annoying.

Take that shit to 4chan and Gamespot. Hell I actually prefer it when people do that shit on those sites. But GAF is where I come to relax and actually try to have somewhat of an intellectual conversation about gaming/nerd culture.

Anyway if it means anything I use to be a notorious joke character on Gamespot System Wars. Went under the name: "Gunraidan".

Shapingo said:
Is Shogmaster a real person? He stays locked away but every now and then he comes out of no where like a feral animal and attacks anyone in sight. Then the he disappears as if the mods refound the lock to his cage. He has the bests rants of anyone here.

God that guy's so annoying. I have no idea why he isn't ban. He always trolls the Apple threads time and time again with the stupidest arguments. And for some reason people always take the bait
I admit I use to but I've learned

bluemax

Banned
Personally I think Dragona is the bigger joke mod than AmiR0x but it is awfully close.

Also shame on anyone saying AstroLad. He's just the best troll on NeoGAF and I say that with the utmost respect and kindness.

Daigoro

viciouskillersquirrel said:
r2t3z7.gif

i hit "Joke Poster?" first try baby! :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Narag said:
I'd just leave it be. If he wanted people to know, he'd have told everyone already and feeding the monster that is forum fame only leads to bad things again.
That's true. But, I would keep my lips/hands completely sealed. I want to watch see his new posts.

HiResDes

Flying_Phoenix said:
Outside the obvious like Drinky and AniHawk's and Threi's occasional shenanigans, how can we tell who was/is joking and who wasn't/isnt?

Being honest I don't think there's much of a place for joke posters on GAF. Maybe for a place like Gamespot it's no matter but GAF in general is a place for more serious discussions and a more "at home" feel. I mean sure pulling the occasional lolcow and troll is fine and even entertain like PepsimanvsJoe, TheTakeOutBandit, and DrinkyCrow's posts. But once it becomes a regular and predictable occurrence, it gets old and super annoying.

Take that shit to 4chan and Gamespot. Hell I actually prefer it when people do that shit on those sites. But GAF is where I come to relax and actually try to have somewhat of an intellectual conversation about gaming/nerd culture.

Anyway if it means anything I use to be a notorious joke character on Gamespot System Wars. Went under the name: "Gunraidan".

God that guy's so annoying. I have no idea why he isn't ban. He always trolls the Apple threads time and time again with the stupidest arguments. And for some reason people always take the bait
I admit I use to but I've learned
Are you sure you were a joke character, or are you just practicing wishful thinking? :lol

DeathNote said:
That's true. But, I would keep my lips/hands completely sealed. I want to watch see his new posts.
Would it be worth it if you did find out? The Crushed we knew is dead and gone. The new identity would not only be different in name, but also in posting style. You'd spend your whole time trying to egg him on and being disappointed that he doesn't do things the way he used to.

Better to let Crushed have his new beginning without the outrageous noteriety, if that is indeed what has happened.

crushed lives!?! that would be so awesome. if anyone deserves the special treatment of the mods looking the other way, it's him. I mean, the mods are well aware that golfham=threenote. So, I ask, will the real Crushed please stand up?

Would it be worth it if you did find out? The Crushed we knew is dead and gone. The new identity would not only be different in name, but also in posting style. You'd spend your whole time trying to egg him on and being disappointed that he doesn't do things the way he used to.

Better to let Crushed have his new beginning without the outrageous noteriety, if that is indeed what has happened.
Damn squirrels.

You guys have always made sense to me.

Narag

Flying_Phoenix said:

Google and a 1up blog tells me you were more troll than joke character with the investment involved.

HiResDes said:
Are you sure you were a joke character, or are you just practicing wishful thinking? :lol

System Wars not GGD. :p

I admit that my early GGD days I was a very stupid poster. Not surprising because how young I was as well as it being one of my first message boards.

Narag said:
Google and a 1up blog tells me you were more troll than joke character with the investment involved.

It's only popping up when I first created that account. Not long after the regulars knew who I was and enjoyed my posts. Hence my invitation to GUFU.

EDIT - It was during the pre-VGpress days. Remember them Hires?

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Yes. People knowing things that could take 2 seconds to tell me bugs me a lot. I have restraint and would not egg on, imply, etc. People confirming he exists is more than what I'd do, which would nothing. I am a mighty keeper of secrets.
2ikyslc.gif

plasmasd said:
Monkeys make no sense to me
That's only because you saw what I did to that frog.

DeathNote said:
Yes. People knowing things that could take 2 seconds to tell me bugs me a lot. I have restraint and would not egg on, imply, etc. People confirming he exists is more than what I'd do, which would nothing. I am a mighty keeper of secrets.
2ikyslc.gif
And for that my laser-eyed janitor friend, we thank you.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I don't think he's a joke poster, but Liu Kang Baking a Pie's posts boil down to two things:

1. Telling people how stupid they are (he's a master at it).

2. Talking about/defending Apple. I assume he works for them.

There's also "Kano on the Phone" who posts in all his same threads... it's obviously his Alt on his iPhone.

Narag

I've always liked Liu Kang Baking A Pie. Sure he tells people how stupid they are but it's warranted more often than not. Just strikes me as someone not as naive as the general userbase on here.

BocoDragon said:
I don't think he's a joke poster, but Liu Kang Baking a Pie's posts boil down to two things:

1. Telling people how stupid they are (he's a master at it).

2. Talking about/defending Apple. I assume he works for them.

There's also "Kano on the Phone" who posts in all his same threads... it's obviously his Alt on his iPhone.
I don't pay enough attention to notice anything.

I'm sure more then a few want me dead though. Kevin is beginning to scare me. He doesn't even insult me anymore. I can't take it!

BERATE ME!

I think you're cool and it really hurts that you can't get past my playful exterior to meet the creamy nougat beneath. The creamy nougat that misses you.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Narag said:
I've always liked Liu Kang Baking A Pie. Sure he tells people how stupid they are but it's warranted more often than not. Just strikes me as someone not as naive as the general userbase on here.
I'm actually kind of a fan too... but every interaction I've ever had with him is him telling me how stupid I am :lol Or Apple talk.

Narag said:

While I agree that he's pretty wise when it comes to knowledge about the "real-world" I find his "What that's a stupid opinion and I'm going to call you out on it!" posts super annoying, especially when it's done in a "help thread". I don't think he's slick when he does it at all. Just annoying with super simple responses. TheTakeOutBandit is someone I'd say who is fun to watch in that light.

Liu Kang if you're reading this please stop doing this. Don't get me wrong I think you're good poster, it's just that you go overboard too many times IMO.

Sorry I always wanted to say that but never had the opportunity to.

Thunder Monkey said:
I don't pay enough attention to notice anything.

I'm sure more then a few want me dead though. Kevin is beginning to scare me. He doesn't even insult me anymore. I can't take it!

BERATE ME!

I think you're cool and it really hurts that you can't get past my playful exterior to meet the creamy nougat beneath. The creamy nougat that misses you.

If it it helps, I've always liked you.

Equus Bellator Apex

bluemax said:
Personally I think Dragona is the bigger joke mod than AmiR0x but it is awfully close.

Also shame on anyone saying AstroLad. He's just the best troll on NeoGAF and I say that with the utmost respect and kindness.
nope.

Dragona is funny and plays her role well, but AmiRox's whole posting history shouold be considered some sort Post Modern perfomance art.

Some people would say that AmiRox is the Citizen Kane of joke characters.

Narag

Equus Bellator Apex said:
nope.

Dragona is funny and plays her role well, but AmiRox's whole posting history shouold be considered some sort Post Modern perfomance art.

Some people would say that AmiRox is the Citizen Kane of joke characters.

Eh, I'd drop this line of conversation. Mod/moderation discussion gets threads like these locked due to ToS violations.

Narag said:
Eh, I'd drop this line of conversation. Mod/moderation discussion gets threads like these locked due to ToS violations.
Besides that's completely off the mark. He's strong willed and rarely backs down. If you know how to navigate the turns it's fun posting with him.

Some people just aren't people persons. It's easy to talk to people once I started doing it online.

Just think of it like this honestly. You're in their house, and you either stay within the standards they set or you're out. Very simple.

Getting into an argument with someone online where either of you is actually angry is completely pointless. If you're gonna start something back it up, make your point, and drop that subject. Endless posts arguing about silly shit does no one any good.

I don't agree with Ami on a lot gaming related, and he can be very blunt.:lol Part of the charm. He respects those that respect his opinion. He won't agree with you. In fact he'll continue to state his point, but he won't fight you on it anymore then you fight him. His opinion is his own, and yours is yours. Let time test it.

Did I blow all your minds or something?

Thread died really quick like everyone went to sleep.

My God...

I can hypnotize people.

Bring me microwaveable burritos my children!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom