• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

[Nintex] said:
There's an urban GAF legend that Hans/Snah/Private Hoffman and even Wollan were all the same person. Also more recently Huelen, that Sonic eye shit crap was just scary but the Zelda Four Swords set-up was gold.

Dude sent me a phone compatible version of the M&L:BIS battle theme through PM, I liked him! :(

Why the hell do people bother making 'joke characters' or 'trolling' anyway? I have to imagine they think they're being funny, but really it's the most pathetic thing ever.

'Oh hey, nice job. You fooled random strangers online. Good for you. So clever you are.'

I think it's bad for the forum, and these people do nothing except shit up the place.

What's the difference between a joke character and a troll?

Seems to boil down to "I like this person: joke character. I don't like this person: troll."

Byakuya769 said:
What's the difference between a joke character and a troll?

Seems to boil down to "I like this person: joke character. I don't like this person: troll."

Yeah, you're right. To me there's no difference. Same shit, different name.

Whoompthereitis said:
Why the hell do people bother making 'joke characters' or 'trolling' anyway? I have to imagine they think they're being funny, but really it's the most pathetic thing ever.

'Oh hey, nice job. You fooled random strangers online. Good for you. So clever you are.'

I think it's bad for the forum, and these people do nothing except shit up the place.

qye4p3.jpg

Pimpwerx

I only remember Deadmeat and Futami. Futami for his ridiculous racism and Deadmeat for his incessant Sony bashing. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
I only remember Deadmeat and Futami. Futami for his ridiculous racism and Deadmeat for his incessant Sony bashing. PEACE.

I really think you must be a joke character...can't imagine why else someone would have an avatar with a bunch of grown-ass men and end each one of his posts with the word 'PEACE'.

Brilliant satire, Pimpwerx.

Whoompthereitis said:
I really think you must be a joke character...can't imagine why else someone would have an avatar with a bunch of grown-ass men and end each one of his posts with the word 'PEACE'.

Brilliant satire, Pimpwerx.
Do me next!

Do me next!

Whoompthereitis said:

Lest we forget your work in various religion threads.

jred2k said:
This thread is proof that Thunder Monkey needs to post more. I deserve to see that avatar on a daily basis.
I've got close to 9,000 in something odd years.

I'm kind of addicted at this point. Like all those years on Opium.

Edit: Nope apparently I already surpassed 9,000.:lol

Time flies when you're having fun.

It's like they said in High School.

Peanut busts a nut when poking you in the butt.

Gravijah

Thunder Monkey said:
I've got close to 9,000 in something odd years.

I'm kind of addicted at this point. Like all those years on Opium.

Edit: Nope apparently I already surpassed 9,000.:lol

Time flies when you're having fun.

It took me a few months to get comfortable posting here, but look at me now!

FLEABttn

Banned
Rickard said:
RiskyChris

That's not schtick, that's actually him, unless he tries to keep it consistent across the internet.

He still posts at FoH, though I generally don't read the section he posts in, but it's the same stuff.

My personal favorite was old Crushed. Whoever new Crushed is isn't the same.

Gravijah

Thunder Monkey said:
You should have posted faster.

I edited that post three times because no one was saying anything.

You should go edit really old posts and see if anyone ever notices.

Could you imagine walking into a thread from 2008 and randomly seeing that someone edited his post in 2010?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I generally don't miss any of them...but I think that says more about me than them.

Edit: Shit, all this talk about post count made me check up on mine. 91st in posts on the board @ a little over 18K.

This place really has become my home away from home. :lol

Gravijah said:
You should go edit really old posts and see if anyone ever notices.
I use to do that for a while.

Some of my old have edited reasons for editing.

Got harder to do it when the traditional search disappeared but the site has a lot more stability so it's a fair trade in my opinion.

Gravijah

Thunder Monkey said:
I use to do that for a while.

Some of my old have edited reasons for editing.

Got harder to do it when the traditional search disappeared but the site has a lot more stability so it's a fair trade in my opinion.

I miss post histories. I loved seeing all the dumb shit people say!

RubxQub

Gravijah said:
I miss post histories. I loved seeing all the dumb shit people say!
Aye, I miss being able to read some of my earliest threads. I'll take stability if I have to choose, but I do miss it so.

RubxQub said:
Aye, I miss being able to read some of my earliest threads. I'll take stability if I have to choose, but I do miss it so.
It was fun for me because I got to make a few jokes that only I and the occasional mod or lurker would see.

I think I did it in one of the 3DS threads, and an NPD thread.

Not sure though. I've made a lot of jokes. And then there's the other thing.

Gravijah said:
Actually, it comes off as even creepier because now members google and go through every single result.
Touché, little Raichu.

RubxQub

Gravijah said:
Actually, it comes off as even creepier because now members google and go through every single result.
Still playing TimeSplitters: Future Perfect...you screen looking mother fucker?!

Alfarif said:
Um... he posted that on another forum in response to that forums' (and auxillary chat rooms) members. Trust me, GAF has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, but on the Internet nothing can really be trusted. I read that post and it didn't seem real for some reason. Doesn't help that since he's a mod/admin/something over there that he can change his name whenever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom