• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Kittonwy.. I don't know if he was a joke character or not. Either way he tended to have some rather.. interesting opinions on stuff.
Costanza wasn't really a joke character I guess. Just liked to troll a bit now and then.
fistful was a cool guy, despite his weird Natalie Portman fixation. His banning was the stuff of legends. I wonder if he ever paid EviLore those $50..
RiskyChris wasn't a joke character, he was just annoying.
Tonay was an attention whore.
Vigilante Walrus is just weird.

sazabirules said:
I don't think Costanza was a joke character. He had some bad posts like bragging about paying a penny for the Humble Indie Bundle.

I remember the mocking he got for that one :lol

Also, who was the guy who made the rage-fuelled thread about not being able to buy dinner for breakfast at cafeterias in the morning or something?

Rickard said:
RiskyChris
I liked the guy. His intentions were pure, but he took it too far one too many times.

If they goad you about something after getting banned don't fall into their trap. GAFers are humans clouded by anonymity, given the veil they can be harsh critics.

Don't let it faze you. Roll it up and smoke it like a fine indica.

Combichristoffersen said:
Vigilante Walrus is just weird.
I use to be the weird one.

I did just kill a frog anally a few weeks ago you know. Someone got it on tape.

itxaka

Defeatist
I remember the mocking he got for that one :lol

Also, who was the guy who made the rage-fuelled thread about not being able to buy dinner for breakfast at cafeterias in the morning or something?
Docpan. He just created a new thread :lol

Also, i like Vigilante walrus. He seems a bit strange, but he has helped me a few times in different threads

itxaka said:

Also, i like Vigilant walrus. He seems a bit strange, but he has helped me a few times in different threads
It's always funny until someone really fucks a dolphin.

Combichristoffersen

Thunder Monkey said:
I use to be the weird one.

I did just kill a frog anally a few weeks ago you know. Someone got it on tape.

You're the awesome kind of weird. Vigilante Walrus is just the weird kind of weird. Was the frog nice and tight?

itxaka said:

Also, i like Vigilante walrus. He seems a bit strange, but he has helped me a few times in different threads

Neat, I'll have to read the latest Docpan thread later today :lol As for Vigilant Walrus, he's not a bad guy, just.. yeah :lol

Narag

Vigiliant Walrus' Keroro Gunsou avatar disarms me so much with his posts as well as if there's truly a naive innocence to them.

Mush said:
Whatever happened to Kr3w/golfham? He was a cool dude back in my lurking days.

People in the thread say he's threenote now.

Combichristoffersen

Thunder Monkey said:
I had to stop.

Too much blood.

You did the world a favour. Frogs are conspiring against us.

funny-frog-pictures1.jpg

Narag said:
Vigiliant Walrus' Keroro Gunsou avatar disarms me so much with his posts as well as if there's truly a naive innocence to them.
He could have played that joke out for a long time.

I was really hoping to see the naivete, with a touch of malicious evil, but instead got a guy that cracked under the pressure of his thread being destroyed.

I could totally be Kululu though.

You did the world a favour. Frogs are conspiring against us.

funny-frog-pictures1.jpg

He did taste good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nameless said:
word up g

GAF without Costanza is just a message board in search of a Costanza.
Please tell me that this is a temptations reference.

As for costanza, i didn't have too much of a problem with him, but as a member of comic gaf, he did constantly step on toes.

Parallax said:
Please tell me that this is a temptations reference.

As for costanza, i didn't have too much of a problem with him, but as a member of comic gaf, he did constantly step on toes.
Yeah, and he was never subtle about it.:lol

Like certain people *I won't name names* in another thread.

Narag

All part of the troll. It bothers me even more to see people with a genuine all-or-nothing mentality in regards to personal taste on here.

Narag said:
All part of the troll. It bothers me even more to see people with a genuine all-or-nothing mentality in regards to personal taste on here.
Meh, I can play with all types.

You want to know who wins a game of wits? The one that sides steps the other and plays a game of Chess. If you were here you'd know what I mean.

zon

Drinky and Astrolad.

I will never understand why so many people think Crushed was funny, the majority of "his" jokes were taken from 4chan and then he posted them here.

pulga

Banned
Stop missing Crushed people, he's in this very thread among us :lol He's just toned down his posting style, and left the 4chan gifs at home.

Crushed, as we knew him, is dead and gone. From his ashes, we now have

pulga said:
Stop missing Crushed people, he's in this very thread among us :lol He's just toned down his posting style, and left the 4chan gifs at home.

Crushed, as we knew him, is dead and gone. From his ashes, we now have
It's hard to disagree with a Metroid sporting Scribblenauts Beatle.

Chinner said:
joke characters are just the worst.
You're an insipid duck.

What do you know? Insurance is more like it.

RJT

pulga said:
Crushed with no gifs is like Mama Robotnik with no Star Trek. Just not the same...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Chinner said:
joke characters are just the worst.

No the guys who post "Will buy" , "looks good" in every thread they seem to post in add nothing to neogaf , they are the worse

entremet

Not a joke character, but I remember a dude from my lurker days. He bought an insanely expensive darth vader costume and he wanted to get nude pics of his sister in law and trade like pics of his own wife with his brother in law.

jorma

is now taking requests
Trent Strong said:

Salazar a joke character? He seems normal to me.

Well he has this thing about overly complicating his sentences. I guess you could call it a "schtick", so he would qualify. I rather like it though.
I think he'll like that someone noticed.

No_Style

Didn't think Costanza was a joke character. His dedication to the FOX Animation Domination threads was unmatched.

He never bothered me in the slightest.

Treo360

nib95 is getting there. He'd throw out some whoppers in the gaming side, but then you have gems like this post in the OT

I see flop fishy (reverse it) has been mentioned, how about mr VG chart z himself?

Gravijah

Thunder Monkey said:
Is it okay that I consider you my member and Boney as my right hand?

I use Boney to stroke my Gravijah.

Sounds good to me.
Well, I do stand erect pretty often throughout the day.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So who was demi?
Everyone says : Free Demi but i dont get it. =/

GDGF

Soothsayer
bishoptl said:
VHS Vinnie

Oh snap I remember VHS Vinnie :lol

Dennis Duckfat was a good one too before his routine got old.

Nowadays I would have to say Vigilant Walrus and Hulkamania-owns-you are tops in that department.

Drunken Kojima started off as a joke character I believe...:lol

Ceres

Banned
demi was a troll that some people liked.

But he also was one of the people who organized sending MSG4 spoilers to people that had their Xbox/PS3 usernames posted in those Gaf threads so I don't know why anyone would still want him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom