• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Rodin

People are bothered by barrel placement now?
Enemies aren't allowed to have explosives to throw at you if you charge them and fire blobs should know better than to go near them apparently

Fun and laughters ain't allowed either

Jesus lol

Probably because they don't think that enemy can do this:
LUuhMIH.gif
^

Not sure why people think an enemy that's a rolling blob of flaming goo with eyes should have human level intelligence. Chuchu enemies are dumb as posts and that's perfectly fine.

Caelus

Not sure why people think an enemy that's a rolling blob of flaming goo with eyes should have human level intelligence. Chuchu enemies are dumb as posts and that's perfectly fine.

Also, that strategy from the .gif only worked because these were fire Chu's. Other elemental Chu's wouldn't have immediately triggered the barrel, and the Lizalfos are too smart to attack it.

watomsk

Neo Member
People are going crazy over this?
The enemy has bad AI and goes on to kill himself and the whole camp in a convenient placed exploding barrel that the player abuses to easily clear the camp.

It's a chu chu, the poor thing doesn't even know it's on fire, much less that the barrel was going to explode!

In all seriousness, the AI has shown a lot of cool details, but at least the bokoblins, chuchus, and other normal enemies I've seen don't show much cleverness when it comes to combat. That doesn't mean all the AI is bad, as guardians and lizalfos seem more capable of keeping up with the player.

boxter432

Which has been done hundreds of times before.
I've never seen a fire jelly enemy drawn towards an arrow sound hitting a barrel that makes it drawn towards said noise which I turn blows up the camp it was guarding. You know it wasn't link that blew up the barrel right?

After the impressions and, well, common sense that Nintendo was going to deliver on this game, my final stress points, as in things that are lingering in my mind that I'm hopeful for:

-excellent dungeons
-excellent bosses/boss music (Skyward is my favorite when it comes to these things)
-a truly epic, sweeping and challenging final boss battle with tremendous music

If these things ring true... it might be my favorite game of all time. This is the first time I've actually been downright curious if Chrono Trigger will finally be topped for me. It's been 84 years.

Caelus

Not sure if that has been posted before, but is this real? Phew.
1487986627172.png

You linked to 4chan so the image is broken, I rehosted it here. (Not spoilery at all, but fun to find when you're playing).

And yeah, it's real. Totally in line with what we heard from the ESRB description.

I really think this game can top Majora's NPCs, and that's something I didn't think I'd be expecting from this game. I think the setting of a ruined world on the brink of apocalypse might serve it well.

Edit: You fixed it, nvm.

Also, that strategy from the .gif only worked because these were fire Chu's. Other elemental Chu's wouldn't have immediately triggered the barrel, and the Lizalfos are too smart to attack it.

Yep, and if you run down there you might just get that same barrel thrown in your face for the trouble.

Wonder if you can do similar stuff with water and an electric Chu. I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Caelus

Wonder if you can do similar stuff with water and an electric Chu. I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Alright, I have an idea for a similar strategy, I'd love to try this out:

Electricity is immediately drawn to metal objects, so use magnesis to place a metal item (boulder, armor, shield, weapon, etc.) near an enemy outpost where there are Electric Chu's and allow the enemies there to draw near. The Electric ones will start conducting electricity which sparks the metal item and will probably damage the other enemies.

The same principle can apply if you're in the middle of a thunderstorm, and serves as a cool way to get rid of your metal equipment fast.

Guys, check this video, it's amazing!

https://youtu.be/HyI4R11cAdE

Awesome music.

LotusHD

Banned
Damn it just hit me that people are gushing about the world, but we haven't even heard their thoughts on well, everything else lol

Can anyone confirm if this game will also be on available for purchase digitally on the WiiU Eshop?

I was planning on getting a Switch at launch but I have had unexpected expenses recently and decided to get this game for the WiiU and get a Switch further down the road when Mario Odyssey releases so I kinda expect not to be able to find a physical copy for the WiiU since they all must be pre-ordered already...

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Hype intensifying.

Was going to wait till Christmas but Zelda man.

Top Bottom