• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrkSage

Guys, I just insterted the game, it finished installing (disc) and now my 2TB HDD is loud af, won't stop and my PS4 stays in a black screen

mileS

Does this game support 3D audio of recently released Platinum Headset?
Somebody earlier said there wasn't anything there for it. Nothing for the Gold headset either unfortunately. I was using the last guardian preset on mine. I don't think it fits well with this game. Going to try my own preset and see what it's like.

First time using PS4 capture:

DttdUlx.gif

iUH3CgS.png

I'm not even that far in and I'm pretty confident in saying the facial animation here is by far the best yet in an open world game.

Some of the NPCs are so well animated, holy crap it's pretty crazy.

G-Bus

Banned
Those Trials things in the hunting grounds are fun.

Is it still possible for me to get the platinum trophy on my first playthrough even though I'm only on Hard difficulty?

witness

Loving the shit out of this game so far. I'm absolutely going to 100% this thing. All the different weapon types feel great so far, and I just love the world and story they are putting together.

MastAndo

I have 1100 shards at level 21 (13 hours in or so) and I'm not sure what to buy. I bought a Shadow Hunter Bow which I like, but still am using the base armor that was gifted early on, and relatively low levels of other weapons. Should I wait? I still haven't been to
Meridian
yet either, though that's my next stop. Will something better come along then that I should hold out for? Decisions, decisions.

Taken on Pro, if you didn't see it in the early impressions thread, sharing it here again cause damn is it one of my favorite I've take so far.

RAWRferal

These screenshots... Omfg.

Roll on next Friday, 2 glorious weeks off and the Mrs. has to work.

This is top of the list.

Hnnnggggg

How addicting is this game?

I'm afraid to start it after work because it's gonna be a heavy workload week and I'm also gonna be away for the weekend, so I'm afraid of going through gaming withdrawal.

Unknown?

I'm not even that far in and I'm pretty confident in saying the facial animation here is by far the best yet in an open world game.

Easily! Imagine a sequel, they can improve it even more and perhaps be on ND levels!

I actually think some of the NPCs look rather stiff in conversations. Like they show much less expressions. The black ones are much better and on par with Aloy though. Maybe it's somewhat intented? Like cultural thing or such.

Anyone notice pop-in during cutscenes? Like characters popping in in the background when it cuts to a new scene. It's very fast, almost instantaneous but noticeable, to me at least.

Kalentan

So yeah. The 'defensive' armor set you get from the digital/collectors edition really makes the first 'boss' quite easy. Didn't even get me to half health.

Sanctuary

How addicting is this game?

I'm afraid to start it after work because it's gonna be a heavy workload week and I'm also gonna be away for the weekend, so I'm afraid of going through gaming withdrawal.

Depends on how much you enjoy picking up crafting items, listening to some pretty uninteresting characters early on and some pretty easy combat. Looks nice though...

Anyway, I thought the impressions and early copy folks were exagerrating, but damn that transition from rain to sunny is so jarringly bad.

Wollan

Got home late and managed to play for 90 minutes.

Already a feel moment in the first playable area with
Aloy replaying the Happy Birthday recording. :(

I am on the first quest now as an adult. The game has been well-directed so far. Kinda felt a bit like Conan or like a classic film in how she was brought up but here it's done across
an hour. I loved the introductional roll of mature Aloy.
How the scenes & gameplay cuts, what's talked about, the music... Well done.

And the graphics absolutely shine in 4K HDR. Stunning.

I was double surprised how responsive the controls felt. I played Uncharted 4 the other day and it made me worried that the missing 'HDR gaming' firmware update for LG B6 OLED's in Europe was making the game feel unresponsive. I bought the TV for Horizon and was a bit nervous but all my fears are removed. It feels super responsive.

Misc: Love the 60fps menus.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Amazon release day shipping is trash. I still ddidnt get the game from them so I just went to buy it at Target.
I had to buy it separately too. Never had any issues with Amazon release date shipping until this year. Now both RE7 and Horizon have missed delivery.

At least I realized it wasn't coming before I got to work so I can play tonight.

I had to buy it separately too. Never had any issues with Amazon release date shipping until this year. Now both RE7 and Horizon have missed delivery.

At least I realized it wasn't coming before I got to work so I can play tonight.

It must have to do with the locations people are near to the specific warehouses. I've never had a problem with them still... sucks though! :(

Sanctuary

Anyway, I thought the impressions and early copy folks were exagerrating, but damn that transition from rain to sunny is so jarringly bad.

I mentioned how bad the weather cycling is in this. It can go from day to night right away, from sunny to instant rainstorm, right back to sunny, to instant blizzard.

^
Goddamn, that's beautiful.

Jesus fuck i just started. First 10 mins already incredible

This.

I need the weekend dammit.

I love that they start us like that, get us attached to her story right away.

Actual game and gameplay spoiler:
Didn't realize we actually got to walk around as her part way through. The scene of finding the device is perfect, and then exploring with it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Everyone is going to ohh and ahh about the graphics and animation but what I love is the fact the tell on the enemies attack is so easily readable and distinct. I love how the lens flare actually getting more intense and "starring" out in the an extreme is when you know its about to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom