• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Mifec

You can do the 4 fans in all those builds, you just need to move the mouse quickly from corner to corner and quit at the right time.

Picking up orbs will sometime lock the game at 0.2 fps, but IMO it depends on where the camera is looking. I did Eventide and it locked while putting the last orb in place, the one in the small island, still managed to fit it and had to wait like 5 minutes until I could save and reload.

I can confirm you can 100% the game on CEMU (even those koroks you have to climb to the top of the flag and it locks, sometimes it won't, lol).

What's the orb next to Vah Ruta that gives you problems?

Rucco Maag but I already did it on my WiiU

Just approaching the area the shrine was at would crash cemu.

So I used ddd to dump the game (and run a second time to confirm everything dumped) and it says I'm missing the meta.xml from my meta folder...

How do you get the gyro stuff to work with a regular controller?

It's janky as fuck, but I had a shrine that required it and figured it out. First, you have to have the WiiU Gamepad set as your input option.

Then, in-game, you press tab. Then you can use right mouse click for the gyro controls.

I hated every second of that shrine.

It's janky as fuck, but I had a shrine that required it and figured it out. First, you have to have the WiiU Gamepad set as your input option.

Then, in-game, you press tab. Then you can use right mouse click for the gyro controls.

Can't you just disable the gyro controls in-game? That's what I did in the Switch version, because I didn't like them.

Yeah gyro stuff is really bad as of now... we really need a good solution.

My Xbox button prompt patcher is done btw. It should be pretty reliable, tested it a few times on three machines. Just point it to the content folder of BOTW update 1.1.1 and it will do the rest (hopefully). Added some refinements since the last post too. Let me know if it works for you :)
https://mega.nz/#!NMpVlApY!YcTna5Q3W1Vj0rJC0IVphuVOSZjr9pJ__4sSiEeM_1E

(Now that I've actually played the game for longer than 10min, I've gotta say it just feels pretty awesome. I hope we'll see a performance boost in the next Cemu update, my 4,5Ghz 4790k is barely tucking along at 25ish fps)

Nice work! Can't wait to try it out. 2 questions though:

1. It doesn't require the 1.1.1 patch right?
2. How does it apply the update? Is it via the Cemu patching scheme or does it actually overwrite core game files?

So I used ddd to dump the game (and run a second time to confirm everything dumped) and it says I'm missing the meta.xml from my meta folder...

My meta.xml dumped for me after ddd dumped the game, and I backed out to the Wii U menu. The walk through I was following had the meta broken out as a separate step...not sure how to do it after the fact

Vuze

Nice work! Can't wait to try it out. 2 questions though:

1. It doesn't require the 1.1.1 patch right?
2. How does it apply the update? Is it via the Cemu patching scheme or does it actually overwrite core game files?
It is built for the 1.1.1 files and will refuse to do anything on files with mismatched checksum. Since both required files have been changed in the update and are likely to change in eventual future updates, this safety measure just makes sense to prevent any problems. (Also I'm not sure why you wouldn't be running 1.1.1, I don't think there are any drawbacks whatsoever)
The two files are replaced but the application will create a backup so you don't have to re-download the whole patch from Nintendo CDN in case you want to revert.

Part of me wishes they never released 1.7.4. I liked knowing the game was in a shit state so I had no way of playing it. I want to wait until I can play at 30 FPS.... but it's just so damn good I can't resist the urge to open it and trudge along with shit framerates.

I'm 18 shrines in. There's still so much to do and see, but I already wish I waited. Bout to go get a Switch...

When is the next cemu release scheduled? Do they release a new build weekly?

I'd expect a month from the last major release. The next big hurdle is getting the performance for BotW up.... but that's also the reason their Patreon is sitting at 42K right now. As soon as the game is running flawlessly, that money goes way down.

My Xbox button prompt patcher is done btw. It should be pretty reliable, tested it a few times on three machines. Just point it to the content folder of BOTW update 1.1.1 and it will do the rest (hopefully). Added some refinements since the last post too. Let me know if it works for you :)

(Now that I've actually played the game for longer than 10min, I've gotta say it just feels pretty awesome. I hope we'll see a performance boost in the next Cemu update, my 4,5Ghz 4790k is barely tucking along at 25ish fps)

Good stuff man!

It is built for the 1.1.1 files and will refuse to do anything on files with mismatched checksum. Since both required files have been changed in the update and are likely to change in eventual future updates, this safety measure just makes sense to prevent any problems. (Also I'm not sure why you wouldn't be running 1.1.1, I don't think there are any drawbacks whatsoever)
The two files are replaced but the application will create a backup so you don't have to re-download the whole patch from Nintendo CDN in case you want to revert.
Since it relies on a checksum, are there any compatibility issues with different regions?

And to further that point, I would guess that your utility should be applied to a vanilla install of the game prior to making any other adjustments, such as replacing the voice tracks with Japanese audio. Just a note to other users who may be doing this as well

Vuze

Since it relies on a checksum, are there any compatibility issues with different regions?

And to further that point, I would guess that your utility should be applied to a vanilla install of the game prior to making any other adjustments, such as replacing the voice tracks with Japanese audio. Just a note to other users who may be doing this as well
Ah fair points, didn't think about regional issues. I only have the EU version, will look into JP/US when I get around to it. It shouldn't be much different.
It's very unlikely the JP undub will affect it or the other way round since the modified files are not region tagged. As long as the undub doesn't touch Bootup.pack (no tag) or Font_EU.sbfarc, it's all good.

I will add a note in the original post.

Ah fair points, didn't think about regional issues. I only have the EU version, will look into JP/US when I get around to it. It shouldn't be much different.
It's very unlikely the JP undub will affect it or the other way round since the modified files are not region tagged. As long as the undub doesn't touch Bootup.pack (no tag) or Font_EU.sbfarc, it's all good.

I will add a note in the original post.
Sounds good. The undub's files are contained to the /vol/content/Voice/USen folder (though I believe it can be renamed to whichever region of the game you are running), so as you said above I would expect no compatibility issues then with that voice pack.

I'm curious as to the scope of regional differences, as I see that my US copy has FontUS.sbfarc rather than the EU version you mentioned. Hoping there are not too many hurdles to getting your utility working across regions.

Sequiel

Banned

For now, this is only tested with the EU version and a vanilla update. The tool will throw an error message if something won't add up, so no worries.

It gives me an error.

M5aYThO.png
X1TnPXb.png

ZDDRUxx.png

Vuze

It gives me an error.
Have you applied the patch to the whole game (it seems like you're pointing the app to the content folder of that) or via Cemus patching approach? If the latter, please point it to the content folder of the Cemu patch folder (\mlc01\usr\title\00050000\101C9500\content for BOTW EU) and try again. Otherwise, I'll shoot you a private message :)

daitoqu

Can you make a patch with dualshock prompts, please?

Vuze

Can you make a patch with dualshock prompts, please?
Sorry, no plans to do that. I've already spent way more time than I anticipated to get this working as is.
If anyone has the required photoshop skills, gtx tools and some C# knowledge I'll gladly share source code/files though. Just hmu

===

v2, should now support JP & US v1.1.1. Due to lack of a full game dump for either version I couldn't test it though. Let me know if it works. (Also please PM issues, I feel like I'm derailing the thread too much)

https://mega.nz/#!JMpWBLqb!emufEBHHmq75BK6h-i_9qG4ec_KnDOPhd5mqL-8nVhM

Sorry, no plans to do that. I've already spent way more time than I anticipated to get this working as is.
If anyone has the required photoshop skills, gtx tools and some C# knowledge I'll gladly share source code/files though. Just hmu

===

v2, should now support JP & US v1.1.1. Due to lack of a full game dump for either version I couldn't test it though. Let me know if it works. (Also please PM issues, I feel like I'm derailing the thread too much)

https://mega.nz/#!JMpWBLqb!emufEBHHmq75BK6h-i_9qG4ec_KnDOPhd5mqL-8nVhM
Can confirm that all seems to be working correctly with US Ver 1.1.2. Patch was installed via MapleSeed and Cemu's patching system.

So I finally took the plunge and tried this CEMU emulator.

Holy shit.

I play the game on Wii U on the same computer monitor and the CEMU version is so detailed and crisp compared to the original. Not only that, but a constant locked 30 fps instead of the common drops to 20fps on Wii U.

I wish I'd continue my adventure on PC but I find it too buggy still for a proper worry free playthrough. Still, CEMU is black magic.

Chinbo37

I wish I'd continue my adventure on PC but I find it too buggy still for a proper worry free playthrough. Still, CEMU is black magic.

I am really happy to see the progress that is being made but I am going to finish it on Wii U before even trying on CEMU.

CEMU will be for my second play through in a couple years or maybe I will switch over when the DLC drops.

AzaK

Running a few graphic packs:

BreathOfTheWild_HighResShadows
BreathOfTheWild_AARemoval
BreathOfTheWild_4320p (for that screenshot, I usually use the BreathOfTheWild_2160p when playing and it still looks really good)

Available from: https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs

zelda2k4o6b.png

Thanks. Your packs are how I am running it, I just haven't been out into a grassy area as I'm still deciding whether I continue the game on CEMU or Wii U. Or wait for better CEMU fixes.

The game is almost good enough to play in the open world but I've noticed the shrines seem to run at double frame rate for some reason. Then there's a motion control stuff that some shrines need that has me a little worried too. I know that if I get to a place where I can't progress I'll be mightily pissed off.

So I finally took the plunge and tried this CEMU emulator.

Holy shit.

I play the game on Wii U on the same computer monitor and the CEMU version is so detailed and crisp compared to the original. Not only that, but a constant locked 30 fps instead of the common drops to 20fps on Wii U.

Yeah I'm like you, it's amazing but still too many bugs to continue playing I think. But I'm in no rush so I might wait another couple of months and see what comes out of it.

Does anyone know if there are any other CPU tweaks we can do to the thing? It sits close to 30 for me but I'd like the consistency.

AzaK

Shit, that does sound horrible. Like Splatoon that I tried tonight. Had to use the mouse to "tilt" the gamepad. I am wondering if there's a way to activate RMB and gyro on my Steam Controller at the same time so I can use that?

cuchulainbzh

Neo Member
So help me out GAF. If I have a 4790k, 16G RAM and a 1070, what frame rates can I expect from BotW in either 1080p or 4k?

Hello. I have a i5 4670k overclocked at 4ghz, 16G RAM and a 1070, and I get about 20 frames in villages and 25-30 frames elsewhere. I use the 4k (+no AA and High Rez Shadow) graphic pack, 9k shader cache, CemuHook and play on a 1080p screen.

Vuze

Shit, that does sound horrible. Like Splatoon that I tried tonight. Had to use the mouse to "tilt" the gamepad. I am wondering if there's a way to activate RMB and gyro on my Steam Controller at the same time so I can use that?
What I did with CTT was to set a paddle as "gyro" modifier and then use the trackpad to simulate gyro input. It was serviceable but I haven't tried it with splatoon or BotW.

Also yeah, echoing the performance on a 4790k. It fluctuates between 23~30fps in the starting area over world at 4K with the PPAA removed and higher resolution shadows.

jediyoshi

For Splatoon, no. The limited, specific axes available being emulated aren't sufficient. You'd just need to turn off motion controls and play traditionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk18wEWKsOE

I don't think anyone has a "constant locked 30" right now." WTF?

I don't think you can.

It's not difficult, you just have to be wary of specific areas/actions where it'd cause issue. But if you're generally just wandering around the world, 30fps is very achievable.

AzaK

Does anyone know the credentials of the guys doing CEMU? Part of me wishes they'd open it up a bit more to contributions so people could focus on things like performance whilst they work on completion.

jediyoshi

Does anyone know the credentials of the guys doing CEMU? Part of me wishes they'd open it up a bit more to contributions so people could focus on things like performance whilst they work on completion.

I can't see contributions doing much at this point either way, if those people were so inclined, they'd already be contributing to Decaf.

what's a good way to take screen shots in Cemu?

Shift + Print Screen will copy a full sized screenshot to your clipboard. Then you have to paste it into an image editing program if you want to properly save it or resize it.

Edit: I realise that this may not necessarily be considered a "good way" to take screenshots, but it will ensure that you get the best possible quality out of your shots. You can also use programs like FRAPS or MSI Afterburner to take screenshots but you will not save the full sized versions.

What's the difference between Dolphin and Cemu?

Dolphin is a Gamecube and Wii emulator. Cemu is a Wii U emulator.

My shadows look like shit even with the high-res shadow pack.
Couple things - I'd suggest editing the high res shadow pack to use values that are at least double than what they come as (i.e. use 2880p and 1440p rather than 1440p and 720p), and also make sure that your high res shadow overrides are in a different Graphic Pack than the one you're using to boost the overall resolution of the game. For some reason (it may have to do with the extra shaders in the overall resolution pack), having the shadow overrides and overall resolution boost all in one Graphic Pack causes weird artifacting and glitching.

Even after that though, unfortunately the shadows still won't look too great right now due to this weird filter that no one's found out how to boost the resolution of to go along with the shadows themselves. As a result, you get this weird offset between the shadow and the filter which just looks... bad. It's better than having flickering low res shadows, but still bad.

Mergesort

Quoting my question again since it got glossed over in the rush of awesome Zelda pics.

Building a new PC soonish, how's ryzen doing in cemu?

I think Cemu is an emulator that benefits most from single core performance rather than multithreading. Ryzen might be better for the PS3 emulator. But if you want to go ryzen I would take a R7 1700 and push it to 4 GHZ, best bang for the buck, IMO.

So is there a method for getting the 1.1.2 update by dumping, without having to re dump the game? I've sort of gone in hold on this project anyways, waiting for better performance.

Top Bottom