• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

The reward car thing is totally random or is there a way to get a car of certain category? Because N300 is my favourite category, but I only have 2 N300 cars. I couldn't care less about Gr3 and Gr4 cars, and I have like 20 of them.

gts4iozrf.gif

danowat

Banned
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that the first time particles have visibly spread from a gravel trap on a race track in a racing game?

Navid

Is there a way to turn off the 'Brake' text that now pops up in the middle of the screen..?

Feel like post update the cars feels a lot more glued to the track, you can far more comfortably throw a car into a corner and have it stick rather than slide outwards during the corner and upon exit you can now get on the power without the back-end stepping out as it used to pre-patch.

EBreda

New chase-cam settings in v1.05 gives option to adjust between GT5/6 stiff cam or GT3's more free flowing chase-cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftmtb056VQ

I hate the stiff camera. Besides being frozen directly behind the trunk and not ever getting a glance at the whole beautifuk car , it makes all the track spin around like the car is stuck in a pivot. Almost gives me nausea really.

Anyway, don't even know why I'm complaining since I use cockpit view only ... O.O . But it's nice to see these constant updates to GTS.

Are there new smoke effects? and can someone check on if the MR cars behave more realistically?

Seems like a very good update though, kudos to PD.

Dash Cam is still needed though.

Putty

Noticing more lively audio mix...defo some new in car/cockpit sounds....little knocks, squeaks small bangs/bumps etc etc....Very noticeable in the GT-R...

Sorc3r3r

Is there a way to turn off the 'Brake' text that now pops up in the middle of the screen..?

Feel like post update the cars feels a lot more glued to the track, you can far more comfortably throw a car into a corner and have it stick rather than slide outwards during the corner and upon exit you can now get on the power without the back-end stepping out as it used to pre-patch.

Seems that they tweaked the aero, this effect is very noticeable on the gr cars.

The ffb is still bad, losing grip is still not properly signaled in advance, it's so difficult to give the player an hint on wtf is happening between tyres and tarmac in critic conditions?
The weight shifts are too soft too, I'm used to PC, Dirt and AC i need strong feedback, let me set mine to arms destroyer pls.

Mascot

I've heard there's a gif going around of a Audi TT spreading kitty litter all over the track, but I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone here seen it?

The reward car thing is totally random or is there a way to get a car of certain category? Because N300 is my favourite category, but I only have 2 N300 cars. I couldn't care less about Gr3 and Gr4 cars, and I have like 20 of them.

I have about 20 Gr.3 cars, 3 N300 cars and 1 Gr.4 car (Volkswagen Scirocco)

If it is random, I must be incredibly unlucky.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Pity the car doesn't spin a bit more given how fast it looks like you are going, and assuming you are not braking?

The brakes were on nearly the whole time. They come on in the very first second of the gif, the car pitches forward too. You can see the brake lights go off when he comes to a stop.

benzy

Pity the car doesn't spin a bit more given how fast it looks like you are going, and assuming you are not braking?

I think I was braking, notice the taillights. I actually didn't mean to do that and kinda forgot what happened. :p I was driving to the gravel spot in SolidSnakes gif and didn't even know they had smaller gravel spots on the side like that.

Putty

I think I was braking, notice the taillights. I actually didn't mean to do that and kinda forgot what happened. :p I was driving to the gravel spot in SolidSnakes gif and didn't even know they had smaller gravel spots on the side like that.

Well, extra brownie points for that. The weight of impact looks really solid...

Think you nick the barrier slightly just by the gap and brings you to a sudden stop.

mazillion

Hypothetical: When will the day come that we have a racing sim games with realistic crashing physics and deformation???

Forza, GT, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa,etc none of them even seem to be trying this... sigh.

I know it's possible, GTA IV even even did it pretty well. Beam.NG Drive is a great example. It seems like the way these devs are doing simulation focused driving physics doesn't gel with realistic crashing physics (Let alone destruction like Beam.NG).

Top Bottom