• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story - Japanese media go hands-on with a demo

thefro

EDIT: Anoop has summarized the article on his site
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/05/last_story_battle_sample/

A demo of the game was playable at the Nintendo conference. Seems like the embargo is up and we should start getting some impressions. One is up so far.

http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=22766&c_num=56

Here's what I could gather from Google Translate.

- 1st half of dungeon just Elza and Yuris
- C button for gathering spell
- If enemies hit your spellcasters it interupts their spell casting
- Can switch between Elza's bow/sword at any time
- They used Elza's bow to take out an enemy witch who was hiding behind a wall and healing all the enemy characters
- Yuris can blow up the bridge over the enemies with a magic spell, destroying them. Per a tweet from V-Jump last week, you can get killed if you're under the bridge when it is destroyed.
- Sieren and Quark join for the 2nd half of the demo
- Melee gameplay is crisp and refreshing
- You use the control stick + A to dodge enemy attacks
- You automatically do normal attacks by pressing the control stick towards an enemy
when you have a sword equipped and are in range.
- Lots of normal enemies fighting alongside the boss characters at the end of the demo

Suzuki Yu

i am excited for the game since it's first announced
but i want to see an explanation trailer for the battle system .

duckroll

Originally Sakaguchi said that the game would be a mix of action and command based gameplay. I wonder if there are any impressions of the command based side of things? Like, how do you pause the battle and issue commands to party members?

duckroll said:
Originally Sakaguchi said that the game would be a mix of action and command based gameplay. I wonder if there are any impressions of the command based side of things? Like, how do you pause the battle and issue commands to party members?
Yes, I would like to know about this as well. From the descriptions there it kinda sounds like a lame action game. Automatically attacking by pushing the control stick towards an enemy?

Top Bottom