• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC/XB1/PS4, BN/ASW, UE4, early 2018, beta Sum 2017) E3 trailer

Anteater

"boo woo i don't want the version of the character that has interesting moves and actually has unique sword abilities because he has blue hair that i'll get to see 2 seconds in the intro, despite the fact that they have different colors for the characters including one that would most likely change it".

I like this reasoning.

I mean like I think the purple hair looks cooler, it's all, you can keep those moves in S honestly but he still got dozen of cool moves too in z

so... just add in a color palette change?

Fj0823

A couple of people on GAF don't care to watch Super and think it's lame, so we obviously won't see it to appease them. Instead we're going to get bulky Trunks that makes him look stupid and will be bad to use in-game.

Hey looking stupid with that form worked for him!!

"boo woo i don't want the version of the character that has interesting moves and actually has unique sword abilities because he has blue hair that i'll get to see 2 seconds in the intro, despite the fact that they have different colors for the characters including one that would most likely change it".

I like this reasoning.

If they add Super's Future Trunks, they should make him a Shang Tsung/Shinnok type that copies the opponents moves since he basically just copies the cast's moves in Super :p.

Poketune

This may sound strange but how easy do ya think it'll be to add custom music to the PC version going off of the PC Guitly Gear games? I'd love to add some Hyper DBZ tracks to this game.

Sami+

Well, yes and no. Depends what you want out of a show. I want to see characters I like doing cool things cause nostalgia. Super, after 67 episodes, is giving me that.

What happens after 67? Sorry if my posts are late to the party, btw. I usually don't like to skip ahead and just read over the course of the day- idk if that's frowned upon or anything.

But yeah I didn't like the Black arc but if 67 is after that and there's cool stuff happening maybe it'd be worth giving it another chance. I do love Dragon Ball I'm just really hesitant about new content for the most part since none of it has really grabbed me (although I LOVED Battle of Gods).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What happens after 67? Sorry if my posts are late to the party, btw. I usually don't like to skip ahead and just read over the course of the day- idk if that's frowned upon or anything.

But yeah I didn't like the Black arc but if 67 is after that and there's cool stuff happening maybe it'd be worth giving it another chance. I do love Dragon Ball I'm just really hesitant about new content for the most part since none of it has really grabbed me (although I LOVED Battle of Gods).

They started using the rest of the cast again, which was my biggest problem with the series until then.

Slaythe

I mean like I think the purple hair looks cooler, it's all, you can keep those moves in S honestly but he still got dozen of cool moves too in z

so... just add in a color palette change?

It doesn't matter if it's blue or purple since super saiyan is blonde and that's what he'll be in 99% of the time......

On top of that they have anime color and manga color palette, so I'm sure they'd add one with purple or blue hair.

Slaythe

I'm confused, they all seem to have a "manga palette color", but Gohan's is white.

Was he ever shown in white in the colored manga illustrations ?

dlauv

A couple of people on GAF don't care to watch Super and think it's lame, so we obviously won't see it to appease them. Instead we're going to get bulky Trunks that makes him look stupid and will be bad to use in-game.

That doesn't make sense. Bulky Trunks hasn't been seen since -- Tenkaichi 2? 3?

Besides, a sword version is definitely getting in before any other. We'll definitely get the most recognizable/iconic version first. We're not getting movie 8 or 9 version in spite of my wishes. I think the biggest obstacle with Super's inclusion is his hair being blue, lol. It will be too alien in marketing. I'm not a fan of Super's spirit sword though, nor the Super Saiyan ???? he turns into.

Does Arc Sys do costume/skin DLC or just colors?

Reset

I hope we get Cell Saga trunks who has Super Saiyan rage and the Spirit Bomb Sword represented in some way.
Best decision would be just give the Android saga Trunks with his sword (his most iconic design), and to represent Super in a way just make the final be the Spirit Bomb Sword. Not a fan of Super Saiyan "rage," so they can just ignore that like the manga lol

I'm confused, they all seem to have a "manga palette color", but Gohan's is white.

Was he ever shown in white in the colored manga illustrations ?
If I remember right there wasn't much difference in color for Gohan in the manga other than his belt being red instead of blue like the anime.

Got to play this today with my buddy. Such a gorgeous game, and plays very well. Even gamers that don't play fighting games (such as me) can jump in and have a blast

LiK

I've rewatched this trailer too many times. I hope they keep releasing new character roster reveal trailers like NRS and Capcom.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Got to play this today with my buddy. Such a gorgeous game, and plays very well. Even gamers that don't play fighting games (such as me) can jump in and have a blast

Yes! Is your bud a learned fighting game player, or are you just two noobs duking it out?

Either way, more power to you. So happy DBFZ is gaining exposure and mass appeal.

don't know if it was already posted, but the fidelity and attention to details are so good in this one :

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Comparaisons.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Gohan-Cell-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Goku-Cell-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Goku-kicks-Cell-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Fighterz-Freezer-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-C19-Vegeta-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Anime-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Goku-Freezer-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Gohan-Kamehameha-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Manga-Goku-Kamehameha-une-main-739x384.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Goku-739x416.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Freezer-1-739x416.jpg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Vegeta-2-739x416.jpg

these are not mine, but sorry for the poor quality

NandoGip

No show that gets good 30 episodes in is actually all that good tbh

Have you watched it? It gets good 30 episodes in, because the first 30 episodes are retellings of the two movies. If you've never watched the movies, start on episode 1, but if you haven't just skip to the new content.

It's less attention to detail and more an easy way to come up with poses without having to work from scratch.

Toyotaro has been using the same trick for years.

Top Bottom