• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

BADNED

You might want to check your game again. :) Of course they don't count as different track layouts (why would they), but they count as different tracks in the sense of those 200 tracks that Forza 7 will have. They all have their own leaderboard in Rivals. There were approx. 160 tracks/variations in Forza 6 (which includes backwards, night, weather each counting as a "track"). Now with Forza 7 there will be 200 "tracks", a number that is only possible if again every night or something variation counts as a track. There are only four new settings, Mugello can have two track layouts, Suzuka three, Maple Valley I think had three in the past as well, Dubai looks like it has three layouts at most. The only way to reach 200 is to count every variation as its own track.

Unless what you are saying is that you added new layouts to every single old track as well. But then you would market the larger number anyways. There's 85 track layouts in Forza 6, 160 tracks, Forza 7 will have roughly 100 track layouts and 200 tracks.
Again, the official ribbon count has never included weather variations as part of the total amount of ribbons the game features.

Also you have yet to see the final list of locations and all their ribbons the game will feature. You really think you already heard everything?

Pretty much all the locations featured in FM6 did not had all the ribbons they have in real life either, so adding new ribbons to existing locations isn't really unrealistic.

BTW FM6 had 102 ribbons(115 with DLC) without weather variations. ;)

Gestault

I just realized I'm gonna be bummed if they skip Watkins Glenn this time around. That's a track in driving distance for me, irl.

Fox Mulder

I got to a point in FH3 where the tombola metagame was actually more interesting to me than the game itself!, but I have a bit of a thing for gachapon, so...........

Wheel spins are trash.

I'm level 1000 in Forza horizon 3. I get screwed by a 200k XP gap between levels, so far fewer wheel spins for the rare cars they put in there. The rewards never changed like Forza 6 with high level wheel spins and million dollar prizes.

Man, the FM7 vs GTS vs pCARS2 thread...

It's gonna be legendary.

Mods will need to declare it a DMZ where shitposting is actively encouraged.

Which is lame, as I'm a fan of racing and will try all three despite how hard that may be with their close release dates.

It's just amazing how the stars aligned and we're getting a Gran Turismo, Forza, and a strong third party PCars right on top of each other.

Izayoi

Banned
The steelbook... Seems like it's not fucking worth it at all when you can get what essentially amounts to two copies of the game for $20 less.

Mascot

Which is lame, as I'm a fan of racing and will try all three despite how hard that may be with their close release dates.
Me too, but that thread will be needed as a honeytrap to attract and capture the very worst of the shitposting fantwats and keep them well away from the rational discussion threads.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Been really super busy lately... Is the dynamic weather on xbox one and the X enhanced version?
Also, is it on every track or just specific courses? Thanks in advance. :D

No confirmation for either, but I'd imagine both will have dynamic weather for equal experiences. But no word on if weather is only for some tracks. I sure hope it's for all...

eso76

BTW FM6 had 102 ribbons(115 with DLC) without weather variations. ;)

So you're saying we're getting 200 ribbons (In over 30 locations) in FM7 NOT counting weather variations ?

That's not bad, although with those numbers i sense a Test Track with 30 ribbons incoming.

SIDEWINDER !

So you're saying we're getting 200 ribbons (In over 30 locations) in FM7 NOT counting weather variations ?

That's not bad, although with those numbers i sense a Test Track with 30 ribbons incoming.

SIDEWINDER !

giphy.gif

KdotIX

I'm quite enjoying the wheel spins on FM6, keep getting the top prizes :D

First spin I won an Audi R18 e-tron, second was a La Ferrari, third was a eDams FE car

scently

Yeah, its a really pretty game. It'd be nice to see the Scorpio version compared to the X1 version, and the PC version for that matter. The cars seem to be LOD0 and the IQ seem pristine. Nicely done.

I'm watching day 4 of the daily show and FM7 is looking fantastic. My only thing with it is that this is all being shown on PC. Now I have no doubt that One X will look exactly like this but why do they use PCs?

I think we all remember FM5 where the E3 footage did look better than the finished game. I think it was mostly the 3D crowd and some buildings and I just hope we won't see a repeat of that. Most likely not i would assume. Would be nice if they do show footage from XB1X consoles next year though.

Grassy

Is GT that big of a series anymore?

The last game (and this new one) didn't seem to make a splash at all like the old days.

I mean of course Gran Turismo is still a huge name, and while there was a big drop-off from GT5 selling 12+ million to GT6 selling 5+ million, that's still more than any individual Forza game has sold(I think...). GT6 also released right before the launch of PS4 so the timing wasn't that great either. Racing games in general don't seem to be selling huge numbers these days.

I can't see GT Sport doing 12 million+ as the reception does seem to be a bit underwhelming. I think a big reason it used to sell so well was that it was always one of the best looking games of any genre, let alone having almost zero competition as far as there being similar racing games(until Forza came along). Whereas these days Forza, Driveclub, PCars etc have done pretty well and also look pretty damn great in their own right, so it doesn't have the market to itself like it once did. Also the other genres have caught up and games like Uncharted and Horizon look just as amazing if not better.

willbsn13

Digital Foundry - [4K] Forza Motorsport 7: Xbox One X Analysis + Forza 6 PC/Xbox One Graphics Comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85Fshj2eiY

They mention fully dynamic weather and lighting @ around 5:45. thought we knew about the weather being fully dynamic now, but also lighting?

From the article too

But just as impressive is the implementation of full dynamic lighting, allowing for gradual time of day transitions as well as a full-on weather system - all real-time now, as opposed to FM6's baked, static equivalents. During our Turn 10 visit, we could see how the developers could tweak lighting and weather on the fly during runtime, as easily as a movie colourist grades footage. The Nurburgring is the host circuit for demonstrating both technologies in the E3 demo, where a grey, overcast day turns into a fierce thunderstorm, before subsiding into a clear skies sunset, the track illuminated by floodlights. Everything we'd want from dynamic weather is here in terms of effects, but also with water accumulation and some beautiful reflections in the puddles - check out the end of the gameplay footage to see this in full effect.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-forza-motorsport-7-xbox-one-x-true-4k-showcase

theWB27

It sounds like ass creed unity's solution rather than being able to race a full 24hr.

Wouldn't be surprised to see these systems take a few iterations to fully implement.

GHG

It sounds like ass creed unity's solution rather than being able to race a full 24hr.

Wouldn't be surprised to see these systems take a few iterations to fully implement.

The systems are already present in other racing games. If the tech is there they should allow us to have access to it and customise our races as we wish.

theWB27

The systems are already present in other racing games. If the tech is there they should allow us to have access to it and customise our races as we wish.

As we've seen turn10 is crazy late with weather/TOD in general so I'm not expecting this to be done quickly at all.

GHG

As we've seen turn10 is crazy late with weather/TOD in general so I'm not expecting this to be done quickly at all.

True, I'm still hoping for the best though where we can get full control of all of that stuff across all tracks.

Forza could never be accused of peaking too soon but if T10 are to deliver the maximum resolution and frame rate with both it was always gonna be a long way off. I think we'll see it in FM8, after that maybe an evolving track surface for FM9 then where they go after that I couldn't guess.

Top Bottom