• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist attack: Driver runs over Muslim pedestrians leaving Mosque in London

Beefy

Based on what? Muslim Council statement? Even they are making assumption and stating it as fact that this was intentional act.

I wouldn't call any "intentional attack" or "terrorism" claims facts before police establishes this incident as something. Driver could have been drunk as skunk. Won't make this better, but calling this act of terrorism at that point would be reach.

We need facts, is my point.

Hmm, hope you were the same for the London Bridge one then? Seems weird people call shit out so fast when the attack is aimed at white people. But a group of Muslim's drove into " maybe a accident"

DBT85

The Evening Standard reporting that "a man armed with a knife leapt out of the van and at least 1 person was stabbed".

Dopus

Banned
uZrZiQpIQd6pdtDOGN3kzg.png

The Evening Standard reporting that "a man armed with a knife leapt out of the van and at least 1 person was stabbed".

It sounded like a revenge act but this is cementing it further. And if so, I can't believe anyone would think it'd be a bright idea with everything that has gone on in the UK recently. What the fuck.

Hope the victims make it... But man, hope for the best, expect the worst is my currently feeling. God...

eizarus

Banned
Based on what? Muslim Council statement? Even they are making assumption and stating it as fact that this was intentional act.

I wouldn't call any "intentional attack" or "terrorism" claims facts before police establishes this incident as something. Driver could have been drunk as skunk. Won't make this better, but calling this act of terrorism at that point would be reach.

Take a look at @BuzzFeedNews's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/876617368725725184?s=09

Not a fan of Buzzfeed News but apparently the guy was yelling that he wants to kill all Muslims.

Syder

BBC are properly covering it now at least.

I get the feeling this incident won't be given as much attention in the coming days because it was perpetrated by a white person(/people?).

eizarus

Banned
BBC are properly covering it now at least.

I get the feeling this incident won't be given as much attention in the coming days because it was perpetrated by a white person(/people?).
They stopped that thing about fish? You know their won't be much attention. Anyone thinking there's a level playing field here is deluded.

The facts that we have are making it quite clear this was an act of right-wing terrorism aimed at Ramadan mosquegoers.

And this is why I won't tolerate the anti Muslim rhetoric or the insistence on calling it Islamic terrorism or Islamic extremism. Because it doesn't stop Isis and it just leads to shit like this.

Don't fucking do it.

Tovarisc

Hmm, hope you were the same for the London Bridge one then? Seems weird people call shit out so fast when the attack is aimed at white people. But a group of Muslim's drove into " maybe a accident"

Why wouldn't I have been? Same with Manchester.

DBT85

It sounded like a revenge act but this is cementing it further. And if so, I can't believe anyone would think it'd be a bright idea with everything that has gone on in the UK recently. What the fuck.

Hope the victims make it... But man, hope for the best, expect the worst is my currently feeling. God...

Yeah, if that report is true (I think they are the only ones reporting it from their own source) then its clearly premeditated terrorism. At least the police got one of the bastards.

eizarus

Banned
I mean CNN has been covering this for over an hour, are you all saying the news in the UK isn't covering this?
Pretty much. Extremely careful word choice in making it seem almost like an accident by some (looking at you Mirror, you cunts), and just outright downplaying it by some (BBC only just started reporting it properly).

Ashes

Banned

A black Muslim woman is thought to be injured. That's like a holy trifactor.

This isn't a Terrorist attack until the perpetrator is convicted or he calls himself a Terrorist.

Beefy

Why wouldn't I have been? Same with Manchester.

The manc terrorist attack was damn obvious from the start it was a bomb or something.

A black Muslim woman is thought to be injured. That's like a holy trifactor.

This isn't a Terrorist attack until the perpetrator is convicted or he calls himself a Terrorist.

The attack was on a group of Muslims, the guy drove his van into them. That is a terror attack.

Showaddy

This is going to be one hell of a long shitty summer; between the terror attacks, the Grenfell Fire and the general political discontent half the city seems to hate the other half.

Media

This is horrible. I hope the victims pull through.
Edit:
^--- same tbh. Been reading this thread since it was posted.

Aki-at

We cannot catch a break, terrorist incidents and Glenfall fire and now this :(

My heart goes out to those affected. Ugh the tragic lose of life we've seen the past couple of months is making me depressed.

Crazy how this thread is only three pages...

It's not that crazy, it's normal. Sky News were too busy showing me the sports news.

The last few years have been very trying for the UK. I hope the country can stay keep it together and come out stronger. Sending love from Canada <3, and RIP to the victims of all the hateful ideologies.

Chris1

I don't think the UK is GAF's main demographic.
Topic title doesn't really do much to grab non UK attention though. The title sounds calm/nothing serious

Could be way off yeah, even I wasn't going to click the thread because I expected it to be something silly.

Edit: ok it just got updated lol

Trojan X

Banned
I mean CNN has been covering this for over an hour, are you all saying the news in the UK isn't covering this?

People are generally sleeping on a late night Sunday. It's not like Friday nor Saturday night. Expect a bombardment of news at 5am GMT onwards.

Anti-Muslim actions will not be tolerated in the UK. If one person tries to attack them then expect tonnes and tonnes of people to dogpile on that sob.

Top Bottom