• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I think there's a KKK Member Living Next Door to Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh, okay, so just in case this guy is actually a KKK member, here's what I'd do.

First off: prioritize your own safety. Don't do anything that'll put you in danger. Who knows how seriously this guy actually takes his racism. He could easily get violent. Beyond that, I guess I would...

1. Get some information on this guy and see if he's actually a KKK member. Figure out his name, look him up on white supremacist forums and see if he's mentioned at all. Go to your local library and see if he's mentioned in the local papers.

2. If he is a KKK member, I'd get the fuck out of that house...

3. ...and then I'd figure out a way to make his life miserable. There's a ton of things you could do, obviously. The first thing that pops to mind is to break into his house, and steal any kind of documentation/records you can find on the local branch of the KKK. You could also post his address and contact info online. You could slash his tires. Get creative.

And, this probably goes without saying, but I wouldn't go to the cops. Cops frequently don't give a shit about white supremacists, and will protect them under the guise of free speech. Only go to the cops if you feel like you have no other option, or if your own safety is compromised.

Anti-Racist Action (http://antiracistaction.org/) does a lot of work like this, and I think they do it pretty well. You might not agree with all their politics, but maybe you can still learn something from them.

Shurs

omg.kittens said:
3. ...and then I'd figure out a way to make his life miserable. There's a ton of things you could do, obviously. The first thing that pops to mind is to break into his house, and steal any kind of documentation/records you can find on the local branch of the KKK. You could also post his address and contact info online. You could slash his tires. Get creative.

Jesus Christ.

besada

Banned
I see we already figured out he was a Kleagle, not a Grand Dragon. Kleagle's are low-level recruiting officers, by the way.

Robert Byrd was a Kleagle back in his cross-burning days.

Roi

omg.kittens said:
Uhh, okay, so just in case this guy is actually a KKK member, here's what I'd do.

And, this probably goes without saying, but I wouldn't go to the cops. Cops frequently don't give a shit about white supremacists, and will protect them under the guise of free speech. Only go to the cops if you feel like you have no other option, or if your own safety is compromised.

Anti-Racist Action (http://antiracistaction.org/) does a lot of work like this, and I think they do it pretty well. You might not agree with all their politics, but maybe you can still learn something from them.

2h6ghvb.jpg

Mr. Sam

CassSept said:
Does his weaponry include such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to Pope?
He was just asking a question. I don't think he was expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

omg.kittens said:
Probably not the best way to handle a "bigot problem"

MMaRsu

Banned
Prophet Steve said:
Can you see it happening? In the Netherlands you have many little childeren that every year go stand at the water waiting for Sinterklaas to come with his huge ass ship. His slaves then throw candy at everyone at he'll be cruising on his horse through the city.

It gets even stranger. Childeren can leave their shoe behind at supermarkets, schools or at home and that night, the pieten (slaves if you prefer) will come down through the chimney (although most places don't have a chimney anymore, but care) and put candy and a little present in the shoe for you to find next morning. Also you can leave a carrot for Sinterklaas his horse. And on the 5th of December it is his birthday and you get all together with the family and suddenly the doorbell rings and there is standing a bag with presents for you.

Sinterklaas is awesome.

Oh, and if you are naughty he'll take you back with him in his bag to Spain. So sign a lot of Sinterklaas songs (maybe even more popular then Christmas songs here).

They aren't really his slaves though right? More like employees :p.

MMaRsu

Banned
Prophet Steve said:
They have to do all the work while he is chilling and cruising, well you are probably right.

Well yeah I don't think anyone thinks the Pieten are really his slaves. A weird tradition, but fun as hell. Especially if you're a little kid :)

LogicStep

Have you been living there for a long time? If so, has anything ever happened? If not, I don't think you have to worry much...

duckroll said:
Yes, let's not encourage housebreaking and theft as a solution to racism okay?

That will just reaffirm his prejudice, honestly.

I didn't think the clan even really existed anymore. I mean, I thought there might be a few nuts in the backwoods with that stuff, but not an organized group.

Kinda confused, is the OP black (or any other minority actually)? If so you don't want to fuck with the guy; the KKK is a pretty poorly organized joke, but I'm sure some members would love to go back to the old times when they actually mattered. He could use any excuse to attack you, insult you, or just make your life a pain.

With a regular neighbor you'd have the option of walking over one day while he was in his yard and saying hello, I noticed blah blah blah. But you don't know how he'd react if you walked on his property. I guess I'd just give him a wave or head nod whenever I saw him, just to show you aren't afraid. If you see him on neutral turf, say hello. Other than than, move asap

besada

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
That will just reaffirm his prejudice, honestly.

I didn't think the clan even really existed anymore. I mean, I thought there might be a few nuts in the backwoods with that stuff, but not an organized group.

The SPLC thinks there might be about 8000 regular Klan members, split up into 180+ klaverns. They also think recruitment is up since the election of Obama. We still get a Klan march every couple of years somewhere in Texas. No one pays much attention to them, though.

Lebron

They have different colors. I've seen a red one before at a track meet once. They were outside the stadium rooting or some shit. They still lost bad, but I admire their dedication.

I guess I'll avoid borrowing sugar from him...

And sorry about my grammar. It was 4:30 in the morning when I saw this and I immediately posted on GAF because I knew I'd get some laughs to calm my ass down. Gaf never dissapoints...

PhoenixDark said:
Kinda confused, is the OP black (or any other minority actually)? If so you don't want to fuck with the guy; the KKK is a pretty poorly organized joke, but I'm sure some members would love to go back to the old times when they actually mattered. He could use any excuse to attack you, insult you, or just make your life a pain.

With a regular neighbor you'd have the option of walking over one day while he was in his yard and saying hello, I noticed blah blah blah. But you don't know how he'd react if you walked on his property. I guess I'd just give him a wave or head nod whenever I saw him, just to show you aren't afraid. If you see him on neutral turf, say hello. Other than than, move asap
Yes I'm black and I've lived here since 2005. He's the type of neighbor who you wave and nod to but never really talk to. He sold us his ride on lawn mower and we were really appriciative of that. He seems like a nice guy too. My dog almost killed his cat when she was in our yard and he really didn't seem that upset.

My boss at AT&T says there's an active Klan here and one of the customers I've helped were in the Klan. Pretty weird though. Not sure if I should be scared or not.

omg.kittens said:

First off: prioritize your own safety. Don't do anything that'll put you in danger. Who knows how seriously this guy actually takes his racism. He could easily get violent. Beyond that, I guess I would...

1. Get some information on this guy and see if he's actually a KKK member. Figure out his name, look him up on white supremacist forums and see if he's mentioned at all. Go to your local library and see if he's mentioned in the local papers.

2. If he is a KKK member, I'd get the fuck out of that house...

I was with you till about step 3. Man, you had me pumped up to do some detective work and then you talk about breaking into the man's house? That'd be all the ammo he'd need. I don't want to break any laws either.

I'm wondering if I should talk to him. If he is in the clan and he confirms it to me and I move, doesn't that seem like he wins? I hate shit like this.

That's true. If you move, he does kinda win. If he's not bothering you and your job is cool, I'd stay. But if it's clear he wants to fuck with you, dunno man, might want to be safe. Sounds like he's pretty nice for a klansman though :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
Aren't you a really big dude? Next time you see him "on neutral ground" strike up a conversation and tell him how much you love white women or something. Get him riled up, and the second he swings on you beat his ass. Make sure there is a crowd around so they'll see he struck first.

GDGF said:
Aren't you a really big dude? Next time you see him "on neutral ground" strike up a conversation and tell him how much you love white women or something. Get him riled up, and the second he swings on you beat his ass. Make sure there is a crowd around so they'll see he struck first.
I'm average height. Well, a bit shorter than that.

DSC_6922.jpg

He hasn't bothered us though. So I guess everything is cool. But i want to ask him about it. A huge part of me is saying "let that shit rest son!"

BlackGoku03 said:
I'm taking my girl home after spending some time with her and while I'm pulling out of my Drive way we see my neighbor in an all red robe with a matching pointy hood putting stuff in one of his three trucks. I'm shocked and so is she... but then she reminds me I'm living in South Carolina.

Still, being a military brat and having lived all over the world, it's a shock to know one is right next door.

Question: don't these guys normaly wear white? What does it mean if they wear red? Should I be worried?

You need to get a white girlfriend, the only solution to the problem.

NomarTyme said:
Do I smell a blockbuster? Garry should write the story and they should cast Martin Lawrence as the OP!

Another film with a black guy teaching white people how to read? Nah, Gary doesn't want to be typecast

Gaborn

That's interesting. Definitely be careful but also remember - he's lived next to you for a while and apparently you haven't noticed anything before. Even if he IS a bigot and member of the KKK he's probably harmless.

BlackGoku03 said:
I'm average height. Well, a bit shorter than that.

DSC_6922.jpg

He hasn't bothered us though. So I guess everything is cool. But i want to ask him about it. A huge part of me is saying "let that shit rest son!"
your girl is hot

also, are you related to sebastian telfair? (prob just the angle of the pic + sunglasses)

kinggroin

Banned
I'm a hispanic male married to a german irish hothead and we have a couple of klan members in my neighborhood, one right across the street. First few days after moving in, we got into it pretty good. Whenever I left my trash can out after being picked up, he'd "accidentally" run it over. A few times of this happening, I went over to his place and and gave him a driving school referral card and a threat that the next time it happens, the police would be involved.

Fast forward a few months (incident free) and now he mows my lawn at a discount price and I offer my services as a computer tech whenever he wants it. My wife isn't too thrilled about that last part since his wife is an extremely attractive, young white girl (my favorite) who tends to dress....as if she was all alone in the house. Whatever.

So while I loathe everything he stands for on the basis of race equality, we do get along just fine.

Not sure what the point of this story was.

JGS

Banned
Gaborn said:
That's interesting. Definitely be careful but also remember - he's lived next to you for a while and apparently you haven't noticed anything before. Even if he IS a bigot and member of the KKK he's probably harmless.
I'm still doubting he's a KKK member, but I agree.

I thought the KKK were the pansies of the racist world anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom