• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I think there's a KKK Member Living Next Door to Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebee

Banned
I say let it be. Try really hard to not act any different around them so they dont suspect you know or anything. Oh, and get the fuck outta there asap.

The Frankman said:
YES BECAUSE ALL US BLACK FOLK LOOK ALIKE AND HAVE LARGE GENITALIA IN ORDER TO BEAT ACROSS THE FACES OF WHITE WOMEN!!!

goddamn racist.
you know what? I have yet to do this!

what am I doing with my life.

Hex said:
Then get some pics of him in his sunday best, and find out where he works so that you can wallpaper the place with pics if he gets uppity.
But getting all crazy over it is a bit much, I would understand more if it was hardcore skin heads or something.
(To the one that compared this situation to being a jew with a nazi next door...really? )

Moving goals posts are moving. How is it any different?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Meanwhile on NeoKKK....

WhiteGohan04 said:
Thread: So I think there's a Black Dude Living Next Door to Me

I'm putting my Grand Dragon robe into one of my three trucks, and I see my neighbour pull out of the driveway with his girlfriend, and they looked black! I'm shocked... isn't this South Carolina?

Still, being a militia brat and having travelled all over the county, it's a shock to know one is right next door.

Question: What does it mean if they wear red? Gang colors? Should I be worried?

BocoDragon said:
Meanwhile on NeoKKK....
That's pretty damn funny. :lol

After talking to my parents and my girlfriend, I'm not going to say anything. He's been nice to us this far and my dad said it'd be unwise for him to do dirt in his own back yard. Or in this case, the yard next to him.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
your girl is hot

also, are you related to sebastian telfair? (prob just the angle of the pic + sunglasses)
Thanks. She's a keeper. She appreciates the comment too (she reads neogaf sometimes when bored).
And no I'm not related to Sebastian. I wish I was, I'd have more money.

B1gg_Randall said:
What part of SC do you live????? I live in Charleston,SC
Good ol' Sumter SC. My dad got stationed here and I ended up getting a decent job and going to school online.

kinggroin said:
I'm a hispanic male married to a german irish hothead and we have a couple of klan members in my neighborhood, one right across the street. First few days after moving in, we got into it pretty good. Whenever I left my trash can out after being picked up, he'd "accidentally" run it over. A few times of this happening, I went over to his place and and gave him a driving school referral card and a threat that the next time it happens, the police would be involved.

Fast forward a few months (incident free) and now he mows my lawn at a discount price and I offer my services as a computer tech whenever he wants it. My wife isn't too thrilled about that last part since his wife is an extremely attractive, young white girl (my favorite) who tends to dress....as if she was all alone in the house. Whatever.

So while I loathe everything he stands for on the basis of race equality, we do get along just fine.

Not sure what the point of this story was.
That's interesting. It's a good story to hear because we know that even though you may hate me because of my skin, at least we can be cordial with each other when needed.

EYEL1NER

BlackGoku03 said:
Good ol' Sumter SC. My dad got stationed here and I ended up getting a decent job and going to school online.
Really? No shit! I'm here stationed at Shaw, living in town. Quite the hellhole, isn't it?
Not really too nice of a place, and with downtown Sumter and Cherryvale, there aren't really too many 'nice' places to live. Makes me wish I had found a rental home in Dalzell rather than an apartment in Sumter.

Eaten any Maurice's yet? Being from Kansas City originally, I was craving good BBQ bad. Knowing where his money goes, I didn't really want to eat there, but I gave it a try on two separate occasions, but it just isn't any good. Mustard-based sauce FTL. A couple years back when I got here and got a newcomer's brief, they told us all about him though. How he stocks the restaurants with literature that defend slavery, how he donates money and profits to white supremacy groups, how he (Piggy Park BBQ) was taken to the Supreme Court and forced to desegregate his restaurants, that it is not black-listed, but we probably should not go there.
http://www.dailygamecock.com/2.3454/racism-ads-and-maurice-1.386381
Maurice has a racist record that won't quit: In 1968, he lost a U.S. Supreme Court case to keep African-Americans from eating in his restaurants; the decision was unanimous. Around that time, Maurice tried to prevent Stevie Wonder from coming to USC, calling his work "jungle music." Even today, huge Confederate flags — which Maurice has called a Christian symbol — flap outside his Piggie Park restaurants. Inside, he sells his book, Defending My Heritage, and tracts that soft-pedal slavery. His Web site even plays a MIDI file of "Dixie."
This guy: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0971336903/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So on the instance that you did not know any of that, given your topic, you probably wouldn't want to eat there.

I wouldn't be comfortable living next to a member of the KKK who goes to whatever their events are called or anything like that, an active member I guess, but I worked with a member of the KKK back when I was 15 to 17, working at an AMC movie theater. He was what you would expect out of a KKK member: always had a dip in, wore big trucker hats to cover his bald spot, southern accent, a confederate flag bandanna in his back pocket that was folded nicely and an old ripped American flag handkerchief that he used to clean stuff up and blow his nose on. And despite the dumb shit he would say often and the fact that he was a horrible bigoted piece of shit, I spoke to him pleasantly. Hell, he's the first person I ever bummed a cigarette off of and how I got hooked.

I think you are probably lucky it is "just someone in the KKK" living next to you. There are a couple groups in SC from what I was briefed on base that are violent white supremacist groups, closely watched by the federal government, all that. The KKK used to do some fucked up things, but nowadays, they are laughable. Now if you had some skinhead white supremacist fuck living next door playing hardcore music all day with a ton of other like people at the house getting shit-faced at all hours, then I would worry. But then again, I'm white, so maybe I can't understand how uncomfortable it would make some people. It would piss me off, but that would be about it.

Well, enjoy Sumter I guess :lol
(god this place sucks)

Shanadeus

Banned
Sounds like you've been dealing with it pretty well, I'd also advise against even bringing up his klanism - he might get a bit touchy about a black man lecturing to him about his hate for black people.

You're lucky your neighbour isn't Ku Klux Mahn.

South Carolina, born and raised. I've never seen a damn klansman and I hope I never do.

What the fuck was he doing wearing his damn klan kostume out where other people could see him? :lol :lol

omg.kittens said:
2. If he is a KKK member, I'd get the fuck out of that house...

3. ...and then I'd figure out a way to make his life miserable. There's a ton of things you could do, obviously. The first thing that pops to mind is to break into his house, and steal any kind of documentation/records you can find on the local branch of the KKK. You could also post his address and contact info online. You could slash his tires. Get creative.

So you're like 'hey dude, be safe, but walk deep into the hornets nest and put your dick on that hornets stinger, bro'

Night_Trekker said:
South Carolina, born and raised. I've never seen a damn klansman and I hope I never do.

What the fuck was he doing wearing his damn klan kostume out where other people could see him? :lol :lol
Same here...Not 1!!!!

Ku Klux Mahn, never forget.

uJ4y6.png

EYEL1NER said:
Really? No shit! I'm here stationed at Shaw, living in town. Quite the hellhole, isn't it?
Not really too nice of a place, and with downtown Sumter and Cherryvale, there aren't really too many 'nice' places to live. Makes me wish I had found a rental home in Dalzell rather than an apartment in Sumter.

Eaten any Maurice's yet? Being from Kansas City originally, I was craving good BBQ bad. Knowing where his money goes, I didn't really want to eat there, but I gave it a try on two separate occasions, but it just isn't any good. Mustard-based sauce FTL. A couple years back when I got here and got a newcomer's brief, they told us all about him though. How he stocks the restaurants with literature that defend slavery, how he donates money and profits to white supremacy groups, how he (Piggy Park BBQ) was taken to the Supreme Court and forced to desegregate his restaurants, that it is not black-listed, but we probably should not go there.
http://www.dailygamecock.com/2.3454/racism-ads-and-maurice-1.386381

This guy: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0971336903/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So on the instance that you did not know any of that, given your topic, you probably wouldn't want to eat there.

I wouldn't be comfortable living next to a member of the KKK who goes to whatever their events are called or anything like that, an active member I guess, but I worked with a member of the KKK back when I was 15 to 17, working at an AMC movie theater. He was what you would expect out of a KKK member: always had a dip in, wore big trucker hats to cover his bald spot, southern accent, a confederate flag bandanna in his back pocket that was folded nicely and an old ripped American flag handkerchief that he used to clean stuff up and blow his nose on. And despite the dumb shit he would say often and the fact that he was a horrible bigoted piece of shit, I spoke to him pleasantly. Hell, he's the first person I ever bummed a cigarette off of and how I got hooked.

I think you are probably lucky it is "just someone in the KKK" living next to you. There are a couple groups in SC from what I was briefed on base that are violent white supremacist groups, closely watched by the federal government, all that. The KKK used to do some fucked up things, but nowadays, they are laughable. Now if you had some skinhead white supremacist fuck living next door playing hardcore music all day with a ton of other like people at the house getting shit-faced at all hours, then I would worry. But then again, I'm white, so maybe I can't understand how uncomfortable it would make some people. It would piss me off, but that would be about it.

Well, enjoy Sumter I guess :lol
(god this place sucks)
You've probably seen me around. I have three jobs here. I work at Gamestop, AT&T kiosk and Sykes.

You're right, I'd be more worried if it was a skin head but KKK is worrying enough. When my family were stationed in Little Rock, Arkansas, our house was vandalized by the KKK... or someone who claimed they were. So we don't take anything that has to do with the KKK lightly. I'd tell you where I live but I don't want it too public on here. But I'm very close to the base.

And yes, I've heard of Maurice's BBQ. My girlfriend was telling me about him. I didn't know about his court case though. I also didn't know about the interesting literature he keeps in his resturaunts.

Being that I don't like South Carolina BBQ, I've never gone there. Ward's BBQ is decent but if you ever get a chance to go to North Carolina, Smithfield's BBQ is way, way better. North Carolina BBQ just tastes better in general.

Also, if you are ever in or near Goldsboro, NC, try Wilber's Barbecue. Best fucking BBQ I've ever had in a resturaunt.

EYEL1NER

BlackGoku03 said:
You've probably seen me around. I have three jobs here. I work at Gamestop, AT&T kiosk and Sykes.

You're right, I'd be more worried if it was a skin head but KKK is worrying enough. When my family were stationed in Little Rock, Arkansas, our house was vandalized by the KKK... or someone who claimed they were. So we don't take anything that has to do with the KKK lightly. I'd tell you where I live but I don't want it too public on here. But I'm very close to the base.

And yes, I've heard of Maurice's BBQ. My girlfriend was telling me about him. I didn't know about his court case though. I also didn't know about the interesting literature he keeps in his resturaunts.

Being that I don't like South Carolina BBQ, I've never gone there. Ward's BBQ is decent but if you ever get a chance to go to North Carolina, Smithfield's BBQ is way, way better. North Carolina BBQ just tastes better in general.

Also, if you are ever in or near Goldsboro, NC, try Wilber's Barbecue. Best fucking BBQ I've ever had in a resturaunt.
My friend's wife is getting ready to start working at Sykes. I guess there is one behind the Sumter Mall? Never seen it and for some reason, I can't remember what Sykes is. I stop in the Gamestop at the mall (if that is the one you work at) whenever I am at that mall (not too much), but since discovering CAG about a year ago, I don't buy too many things from there. It sucks though, because that GS used to have some MvC tourney sticks and a friend who just got back from Afghanistan wanted to buy one of them. No more now.

I'll keep the BBQ suggestions in mind if I am ever around them, but I have heard of Ward's. Can't place where it is or remember seeing it though.

I suppose that with what happened in Little Rock, of course you have a right to be suspicious and have concern. Like I said, some people will feel differently than me about it, because being white, I haven't had to put up with dumb shit happening to me for no good reason. But I understand where you are coming from. Obviously, if this guy is a member of the KKK (and a Grand Wizard or Dragon or some shit at that), then he is not too great of a guy.
Hope you don't have to put up with anything from the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom