• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye booed at Thanksgiving Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunchbox said:
cause he made some blondie skank that no one will remember in 2 years cry?

kanye is a legend, mid western soccer moms should get over it

swift is more popular than kanye. 14 year old suburban white kids should get over that

Ponn01 said:
Funny thing about music is everyone has different tastes. I could give a care less about both of them. I do dislike douchebags that have to walk around extremely arrogantly and pronounce they are the greatest, or they were robbed, or deem other singers unworthy of awards. If you are truly that great you shouldn't have to run around exclaiming it to people over and over. If you can't respect others, don't demand respect, that simple.
jay-z has made billions based off the 'goat' attitude

Ponn

Banned
butter_stick said:
Would you really rather your pop stars be boring idiots that just smile for the cameras? Being a dickhead is cool, man.

Why yes, thats probably why I listen to alot of classical music. Like I said I don't care for either of their music but their personalities in public have nothing to do with their music. They both write their own music and that in itself is pretty admirable. No need to tear someone down to try to prove you are better, especially in music where everyones tastes are different. He can still be called a douchebag for the way he acts though, if you really want the drama go watch Jersey Shore or something.

Kusagari

DennisK4 said:
Kanye fans are so pathetic. He keeps being a giant douche but they keep defending him like a battered wife defends her husband.

Everybody on the planet, including Kanye himself, knows he's a douche. It's the people that can't get over it that are pathetic. Judge the musician by his music not by the fact that he's a douche.

Kanye reminds me of T.O. He has never broken a law in his life but because he's a douche he gets more hatred than actual criminals.

Kusagari said:
Everybody on the planet, including Kanye himself, knows he's a douche. It's the people that can't get over it that are pathetic. Judge the musician by his music not by the fact that he's a douche.

Kanye reminds me of T.O. He has never broken a law in his life but because he's a douche he gets more hatred than actual criminals.

Kanye probably has stone hands and drops passes all the time too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ponn01 said:
Yea, he did all that apology bullshit then a couple weeks ago stopped in the middle of a concert and started slamming her, George Bush and the Today show talking shit and saying he wasn't sorry and he would have done worse. Usual egotistical arrogant rock star bullshit.
I'm glad a Kanye hater went into that speech and didn't even listen to it and decided to retain the same mentality you had going in.

He did the apology, but every single time he did it, he said he felt just in what he was saying, but said it the wrong way.

And if you'd have listened, (which you clearly didn't) he was relating himself to how he's put himself in George Bush's position of being the most hated, and how on the Today Show they were only using excerpts of his interview and they pressured him to answer questions in a certain way.

But, haters gon hate. Speech in question for those who haven't seen it.

"If your a real artist, say what the fuck you want, do what you want, make what you want."

DevelopmentArrested said:
swift is more popular than kanye. 14 year old suburban white kids should get over that
You can't be serious. Swift has a huge following, but Kanye is on another level, he attained superstar status way back, and still has it, even if you consider him famous or infamous.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Ponn01 said:
Funny thing about music is everyone has different tastes. I could give a care less about both of them. I do dislike douchebags that have to walk around extremely arrogantly and pronounce they are the greatest, or they were robbed, or deem other singers unworthy of awards. If you are truly that great you shouldn't have to run around exclaiming it to people over and over. If you can't respect others, don't demand respect, that simple.

Subjectivity is fine and dandy for whether you want to listen to his music or not, but there's still a level of technicality and modern bar of what pushes music as an art form that can't really be disputed. Do I want to look at every Picasso painting? Is Citizen Kane the first movie that I instantly want to watch? No, but you can still step back and respect them.

For as big of a douche Yeezey is, at least he admits he can't really sing a lick. On the other hand, you have Ms. Swift sharpin' and flatin' it up on all of her appearances because she's not really that great either. Extremely well produced with a good ear for a hook? Of course. I can respect that, even though I chose to never listen to her.

I'm more annoyed that most people use the subjectivity argument as an excuse to hate on someones product they don't even give a chance to because they have an agenda against the artist, while anyone who speaks out against their favorite artist is close minded or has no clue what they're talking about.

But that probably comes down to taste too, am I right?

Lunchbox

Banned
right now twilight is more popular than schindler's list too

kanye lives off his music not looks, so once miss cheerleader hits puberty and her looks go away no one will remember her

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
something funny? go look at her album sales and digital tracks sold numbers and get back to me.
Go look at Kanye's career's album sales, income, production discography and get back to me.

Kibbles

something funny? go look at her album sales and digital tracks sold numbers and get back to me.
Yeah. Her new song is pretty awesome too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92isX62fv1g

I liked some of Kanye's music, but it seems like every day I lose respect for him.

enzo_gt said:
Go look at Kanye's career's album sales, income, production discography and get back to me.
He's been in the business way longer. That said, they are totally different styles of music. Why anyone compares them is beyond me. Just more of the endless debate that would've never started if it weren't for the VMAs, on Kanye vs Taylor.

Kibbles

shadowcomplex said:
"cool story bro"
6368_v.gif
I don't get it? I used to like his music, but I don't even bother with it anymore. I was feeling sorry for him actually for a while, but he goes on and starts bashing everyone again? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me I guess. Fuck that.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'd be booing him for hyping up MDTF like it was going to be the next coming of Hip Hop, only to deliver a ridiculous clusterfuck of songs that go on 50% longer than they should and sound like he got drunk one night and shoved every body he knows into a recording booth and told them "just say something...anything...and i'll add like a synth here that goes on for like 3 minutes and then get fergie and elton john on this right here..why? Cause I'm jesus man, and I'm a genius. Oh and I already released half the album for free. So let's add some more bullshit on the end of those songs. Whats that? People are going to notice I just added 2 mintues of nonsense to the end of the songs they already heard, all in an effort to make it sound new and fresh when in reality it's like adding a weird third asscheek to a perfectly average set of buttocks? Naw it's cool. Kanye stans would suck the sweat out of my foreskin. They will love this."

Thats two strikes you fucking psycho. One more bullshit album and i'm out.

enzo_gt said:

siddx said:
I'd be booing him for hyping up MDTF like it was going to be the next coming of Hip Hop, only to deliver a ridiculous clusterfuck of songs that go on 50% longer than they should and sound like he got drunk one night and shoved every body he knows into a recording booth and told them "just say something...anything...and i'll add like a synth here that goes on for like 3 minutes and then get fergie and elton john on this right here..why? Cause I'm jesus man, and I'm a genius. Oh and I already released half the album for free. So let's add some more bullshit on the end of those songs. Whats that? People are going to notice I just added 2 mintues of nonsense to the end of the songs they already heard, all in an effort to make it sound new and fresh when in reality it's like adding a weird third asscheek to a perfectly average set of buttocks? Naw it's cool. Kanye stans would suck the sweat out of my foreskin. They will love this."

shedding a lot of tears for what will win AoTY Grammy's next year.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
siddx said:

I think you'll find that this opinion is wrong, according to this thread anyway.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dreams-Visions said:

shedding a lot of tears for what will win AoTY Grammy's next year.

:lol And my dick will win best new artist

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kibbles said:
I don't get it? I used to like his music, but I don't even bother with it anymore. I was feeling sorry for him actually for a while, but he goes on and starts bashing everyone again? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me I guess. Fuck that.
He hasn't bashed anyone since, your being misled by those still butthurt about the Swift thing.

"Jay finally got it through my head not to run my mouth
/ So when you talk bout you-know-who I don't know what your talking 'bout"

But, Ye vents every once in a while. So in that latest speech I linked to, he's basically upset that when he finally met Taylor Swift again after the VMAs, she was telling him how sorry she was and how she always defended him, when really she never did. She avoided it up until she had her chance at the latest VMA's to play up on the publicity a YEAR later. So he says fuck it, I'm not here for politics and the media continually trying to demonize me, I'm here for music.

yeah, did anyone even bother to watch that speech? people blindly bashing him about that needs to rewatch it and turn the speakers up

siddx said:

although i dont share the same sentiment as kanye-gaf who declare this album the second coming of Christ, i will still say its a great album and definitely worth multiple listens and a purchase. it makes me eager and excited to see where hell go next with his sound.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
effingvic said:
yeah, did anyone even bother to watch that speech? people blindly bashing him about that needs to rewatch it and turn the speakers up
He's pretty much a George Bush supporter at that point, and says it blatantly.

So yeah, no one watched that speech. Though I'm sure someone will eventually watch it and take the "If I wasn't drunk, I would have been on stage LONGER" line out of context. I'm just waiting for that right now.

enzo_gt said:
He's pretty much a George Bush supporter at that point, and says it blatantly.

So yeah, no one watched that speech. Though I'm sure someone will eventually watch it and take the "If I wasn't drunk, I would have been on stage LONGER" line out of context. I'm just waiting for that right now.

yep, blowing quotes outta proportion to hate for the sake of hating. people love a good villain to point fingers at...which is what he was pretty much talking about :lol

Dreams-Visions said:
that's the spirit! lol sales, popularity, awards, critical acclaim, talent.

screams from the haters has a nice ring to it. carry on.
lolwut
i was just expressing my opinion on the grammies.
lolumad

Equus Bellator Apex

Ponn01 said:
Yea, he did all that apology bullshit then a couple weeks ago stopped in the middle of a concert and started slamming her, George Bush and the Today show talking shit and saying he wasn't sorry and he would have done worse. Usual egotistical arrogant rock star bullshit.

Kibbles said:
Ok, wow, what a fucking douche. He sits there and tells the media he's sorry about everything and feels George Bush, and then he does that?

Here's the video. Why don't you watch it and make up your own mind.

Lunchbox

Banned
Jangocube said:
A delusional bunch they are.
But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're lookin for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Yeef

Kusagari said:

Kanye is not just a douchebag, but he's also arrogant AND an attention whore. If he's going to find every opportunity to claim that he's a genius on camera it's silly to expect people not to call him on it if they disagree.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Solo said:
This thread taught me that Kanye West fanboys do exist.
We do because we don't roll with what the media wants us to believe. We also are much less ignorant that the other side, because every single one of us is past the Taylor Swift thing because everybody god damn knew it was wrong a while ago and people still have that moment burnt into the inside of their eyelids apparently.

Part of KanyeGAF still thinks he's an immense douche, and rightly so because they justify it in their particular way unlike some in this thread. KanyeGAF unites under his music. And this last album is one hell of a comeback.
Yeef said:
Kanye is not just a douchebag, but he's also arrogant AND an attention whore. If he's going to find every opportunity to claim that he's a genius on camera it's silly to expect people not to call him on it if they disagree.
Like this. This is a justified reason to dislike his persona, because there is merit to these arguments as he is pretty damn opinionated. But you say tomato, I say tomahto. Blindly saying he's a douchebag isn't hard to do really.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
His production skills are out of this world. That's all I'll lend to this discussion.

Quite a few of the things he does are fucking idiotic as hell, though, which is unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom