• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 With Description Appears On EA Store

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
jett said:
All the characters sucked some good dick in ME1, except Wrex I guess. Character development is just stupidly better in ME2.

Indeed.

About the only character I actually felt interested in finding out more about was Tali, and they gave me just that in ME2.

IoCaster

Rufus said:
I think he's even worse. They went so far down the 'normal dude' route with him that it makes you wonder why he is even there. He's not even good as a framing device for the other characters' more colourful pasts and characteristics because of how little interaction there is between your companions. Grunt is similarly stupid, but he's at least an alien, where 'normal' means something slightly less mundane.

There was a point where Jacob might have gotten interesting, at least for a FemShep, when he got confrontational with Thane in the debrief. I thought that the writers were going somewhere with that and maybe a bit of jealous tension might arise with regard to a FemShep romance scenario. Unfortunately, it didn't go anywhere and totally fizzled out. I guess we'll never know if there was some intent there that got left on the cutting room floor or if I'm just imagining shit.

Ponn

Banned
I hope when they show Garrus in some ME3 trailers hes still wearing the same bloody armor with big chunks out of it:lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
IoCaster said:
There was a point where Jacob might have gotten interesting, at least for a FemShep, when he got confrontational with Thane in the debrief. I thought that the writers were going somewhere with that and maybe a bit of jealous tension might arise with regard to a FemShep romance scenario. Unfortunately, it didn't go anywhere and totally fizzled out. I guess we'll never know if there was some intent there that got left on the cutting room floor or if I'm just imagining shit.

To be fair, Jacob did result in this.

Time to pull this one out again.

vfxbir.jpg

IoCaster said:
Jacob's job was to act like he was the second-in-command during the debriefings for some reason.

Also
r0tq4i.gif
Reapers
r0tq4i.gif

tokkun

Rufus said:
I think he's even worse. They went so far down the 'normal dude' route with him that it makes you wonder why he is even there. He's not even good as a framing device for the other characters' more colourful pasts and characteristics because of how little interaction there is between your companions. Grunt is similarly stupid, but he's at least an alien, where 'normal' means something slightly less mundane.

Maybe they felt it was necessary to show that there are normal dudes in Cerberus, after they went too far to show Cerberus as being completely evil in ME1.

tokkun said:
Maybe they felt it was necessary to show that there are normal dudes in Cerberus, after they went too far to show Cerberus as being completely evil in ME1.

But he himself admits to not trusting Cerberus and only begrudgingly joining after the Alliance screwed him over.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Animator said:
Better have Legion in the party from the start.

Even though he died in my ME2 ending
:(

BioWare dropped the ball with Legion big time.

Kurtofan

Animator said:
Better have Legion in the party from the start.

Even though he died in my ME2 ending
:(
Yeah the fact that you can't recruit some companions until the very end( or the second part of the game) really sucks.
Especially when you got useless companions like Jacob or Miranda from the get go...

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Is it weird that I didn't like Legion, and Jacob was my dude? He was the only guy around that was cool and I felt like I could trust him. Everyone else was weird.

IoCaster said:
Techno Turian says don't even start that shit...

Oh you touch my tralala...

Kurtofan said:
Yeah the fact that you can't recruit some companions until the very end( or the second part of the game) really sucks.
Especially when you got useless companions like Jacob or Miranda from the get go...

Miranda it's one of the best companions, if you are refering to his character...well I think at least it's much better than Jacob or Grunt...

BobsRevenge said:
Is it weird that I didn't like Legion, and Jacob was my dude? He was the only guy around that was cool and I felt like I could trust him. Everyone else was weird.
It just means you're a terrible person with the worst taste.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
It turns out the Reaper off button was on Earth all along. That's why they're so special!

The likelihood of something like that happening is so high that my heart stopped for a second.

DuckRacer

BobsRevenge said:
Yes it's weird, you're a weird person and you should feel bad.

BobsRevenge said:

Seeing what stories you are generally into(for videogames).

I'm just assuming you're into more mundane/normal character interactions.

Nothing wrong with that.

Jerk 2.0 said:
The likelihood of something like that happening is so high that my heart stopped for a second.

:lol

Songbird

Prodigal Son
BobsRevenge said:
I kind of agree. My femshep run goes from Kaidan in 1 to Jacob in 2 because he is so stabilising. It makes sense to me when Shepard is going through so much crap saving the galaxy. Plus he gets over his personal quest pretty much instantly. And the abs.

EmCeeGramr said:
Earth is the Anti-Reaper built by the Reaper's first conquered species. It will transform into a giant human skull and shoot a laser out of its mouth that will disable the Over-Reaper and cause all the other Reapers to shut down or self-destruct.
I don't even think it'll be that imaginative. Just a big space ship battle with allies/reapers. The number of friends you have determines the number of casualties.

Earth is the Anti-Reaper built by the Reaper's first conquered species. It will transform into a giant human skull and shoot a laser out of its mouth that will disable the Over-Reaper and cause all the other Reapers to shut down or self-destruct.

DuckRacer

Also Garrus was lame in ME1. "Waah, C-sec is a pain in the ass and limits me how should I feel Shepard??" Plus he was always the first to die on expeditions. Pansy.

ME2 Garrus: Bona fide bro and badass;
bHHvG.gif

Zenith

Banned
tokkun said:

That's something they can't undo. They spent so much time showing how Cerberus was worse than any alien out there with their sadistic torture and experiments. Then in ME2 we're supposed to buy that airhead counsellor saying "I love all living things, but we have to look out for humanities' interests". Or the engineers who "hadn't thought about it much".

I was happy they all died on the Collector station because I'd spent time doing everyone's loyalty quests.

Diablohead said:
Human master race it will happen.

Human race discovered the mass relay and they were like 300 behind all other races and just a few decades after that, is a major force in ME2 universe...I think they are already master race...

Kurtofan said:

Dude, Miranda's got powers against armor, shields, barriers, and a squad bonus to boot. She and Garrus are the best companions in the game.

EatChildren

EmCeeGramr said:

Its depressing that the "humans are descendents of the Reaper's creators" plot-line is actually plausible at this point.

White Man

shiiiiit

"Jesus fuck, I can't believe the Collectors blew up my ship -again-. I loved that cre.

"Shepard, I think you mean Reapers, not Collectors.

"Whateva, they all look the same to me. Ok, we need to get together a new team. I say we start on Tali's home. It's a good thing they turned out to be using their jars to cover up their werewolf nature. This will also help the Space Leprechauns haunted by the lycanthropes."

"Yes sir. I will go operate the ships landscaping lazer. We're going to have to lean on that real estate market to get some money. It's a risky move.'

"Okay, I'll be on the bridge, making sure that Kelly feeds my fish"

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Dude, Miranda's got powers against armor, shields, barriers, and a squad bonus to boot. She and Garrus are the best companions in the game.
I liked going around with Legion and Garrus, because then I would walk into a room and then everything at the end of that room would be missing its head like two seconds later.

Jerk

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Human race discovered the mass relay and they were like 300 behind all other races and just a few decades after that, is a major force in ME2 universe...I think they are already master race...

Why did you bring this up?

The conversations that usually flow from here a pretty nasty...

Zenith

Banned
Hasphat'sAnts said:

Am I the only one who noticed no difference in gameplay no matter what characters I chose, or even if I was on my own? Occasionally I'd remember to order one to use a biotic power but it's not like I ever ran into difficulty fighting on my own. I chose my partners based on what conversations I wanted to hear.

EmCeeGramr said:
I liked going around with Legion and Garrus, because then I would walk into a room and then everything at the end of that room would be missing its head like two seconds later.

Triple sniper party is so broken. :lol

scarybore

BobsRevenge said:

Extremely weird. Probably didn't help that when I went to meet Anderson at the Citadel, Jacob glitched and kept walking until his face filled the screen. Also, for a game that that lets you do the nasty with various aliens, I actually found Jacobs romance to be the creepiest of them all.

Also Garrus was lame in ME1. "Waah, C-sec is a pain in the ass and limits me how should I feel Shepard??"

A Tali, Legion and Shepard Engineer party is surprisingly amusing with the multiple combat drones zapping enemies.

Zenith said:
Am I the only one who noticed no difference in gameplay no matter what characters I chose, or even if I was on my own? Occasionally I'd remember to order one to use a biotic power but it's not like I ever ran into difficulty fighting on my own. I chose my partners based on what conversations I wanted to hear.

I generally chose characters based on their relation to missions(i.e. I brought both Grunt and Mordin along for eachother's loyalty missions).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Zenith said:

It probably isn't necessary unless you play on harder difficulties. It's a must on Insanity.

Chinner

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Joker tells Shepard that to defeat the Reapers Shepard must destroy the shield Shaped radar, but the Shepard fails and almost dies. Suddenly Kaiden appears out of nowhere and saves Shepard whilst destroying the raydar shield. Kaiden reveals to Shepard that he was the one who killed Ashley's parents and that he took he in as one of his own. The Reaper find Shepard and Kaiden, but Kaiden is killed. Not before telling Shepard a heartfilled speech saying that he isn't a tool of the council or anyone else, but being bland was the only thing he could do, biut at least he was always bland for what he believed in,

EmCeeGramr said:

When I tell Garrus or Legion to use their rifles their rates of fire turn into a crawl. I keep getting overwhelmed.

Chinner said:
Not before telling Shepard a heartfilled speech saying that he isn't a tool of the council or anyone else, but being bland was the only thing he could do, biut at least he was always bland for what he believed in,
This is the most beautiful thing ever written.

Zenith said:

You could have some cool power combos with the right members, sometimes I managed to kill some wave of enemies alone, but having Miranda fucking shields and armors is very useful and makes a difference on my playthroughs most of the time.

Basically in normal difficulty I choose the members I like most in highers levels a balanced party is the key unless you're an infiltrator or a vanguard.

Kurtofan

Zenith said:
Biotics never used their powers on their own with me.
I choose my companions for their speeches too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
BobsRevenge said:
Sounds like you were all about the prize.

edit: Beaten.
White Man said:
"Okay, I'll be on the bridge, making sure that Kelly feeds my fish"
Kelly was an incompetent, she always got my fish killed.

Chinner said:
Joker tells Shepard that to defeat the Reapers Shepard must destroy the shield Shaped radar, but the Shepard fails and almost dies. Suddenly Kaiden appears out of nowhere and saves Shepard whilst destroying the raydar shield. Kaiden reveals to Shepard that he was the one who killed Ashley's parents and that he took he in as one of his own. The Reaper find Shepard and Kaiden, but Kaiden is killed. Not before telling Shepard a heartfilled speech saying that he isn't a tool of the council or anyone else, but being bland was the only thing he could do, biut at least he was always bland for what he believed in,

Fucking hell :lol :lol

Top Bottom