• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty: WWII - Story Trailer

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I would have liked to see some more gameplay but the story looks polished and interesting.

I am glad they might be focusing on the holocaust. Previous WW2 games pretty much ignored it for a safer shooting gallery approach.

If that's in-game footage then hot damn !

Sorry to break it to you but Sledgehammer's cutscenes are pre-rendered and not at all indicative of the ingame graphics.

Here is what Spacey looked like in cutscenes.
Call-of-Duty%C2%AE_-Advanced-Warfare_20141104201835.jpg

this is what he looked like in game.

Hoje0308

Banned
My God, Josh Duhamel is such a trash actor. Even in a trailer for a COD title, his acting stands out as particularly terrible.

I only care to play his game for the SP & some zombs. But I'm still very skeptical after seeing that trailer - a fair amount of the tone is off-key for my liking. I'll have to wait for reviews and impressions before taking the plunge.

AdanVC

I don't give a damn about CoD but I'm into all things WW2 so this certainly looks really cool! Nice to see CoD going back to it's roots with this setting.

Kalentan

If that's in-game footage then hot damn !

It's doing what AW and IW did which is using CGI for any 3rd Person cutscenes. Any first person ones are done ingame.

Really hope Sledgehammer makes the MC talk when in first person. I loved AW's campaign but it was weird to hear Mitchell speak in cutscenes but then absolutely silent when you control him.

This is going to be a wierd complaint but does a thompson need to have the ugly drum magazine? I know more bullets and all, just aesthetically speaking it's ugly...

Dinskugga

are they doing a "saving private ryan" story thing? or is it just me that see the trailer like that

they are going after the soldiers that are loaded intro trains too save them. and abandon their real mission?

Really want to see more of the Omaha beach landing, believe this will be first time its been depicted in a game since Medal of Honor Frontline (At least in single player).

I would have liked to see some more gameplay but the story looks polished and interesting.

I am glad they might be focusing on the holocaust. Previous WW2 games pretty much ignored it for a safer shooting gallery approach.

Same, more games should cover the Holocaust in a non-joking manner, even if it is just relegated to cinematics. There's lots of movies and a handful of games that are all about the escapement of prisoners in camps, but not to do with the Jews and the bad stuff that went onto to be known as the Holocaust.

Same, more games should cover the Holocaust in a non-joking manner, even if it is just relegated to cinematics. There's lots of movies and a handful of games that are all about the escapement of prisoners in camps, but not to do with the Jews and the bad stuff that went onto to be known as the Holocaust.

Yeah I'm thinking of buying the game for this reason. Sad to say it almost seems a brave story to tell these days - but shouldn't be.

Kinyou

I hope they dont do the thing from Advanced warfare where your character talks alot during the prerendered cutscenes but stays quiet during gameplay.

Top Bottom