• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Pizza Luigi said:
Finally bought this!

5283455717_94759eef42_b.jpg

What an amazing car this is. I did the Festa Cavallino with it and the Supercar Challenge, golded them both. Now I'm going to give the GTR Seasonal Event a shot. I tuned the car like someone above me said I should. Is there something else I should do?

I also wanna learn how to fine tuning my 458 italia... where did you find that that?

h3ro

Metalmurphy said:
I got so many I never use. Only time I used it was a Mclaren Orange on my Italia :D Looks great.

o___________________________________0

That is so wrong. Rosso Scuderia or gtfo. :p

Dead Man

SmokyDave said:
This is fucking killing me. I might have to buy another PS3 and shout down the phone at the insurance people. I'm going to miss out on so much stuff :(
Damn, friend me on PSN when you get a PS3 again, I'll give you some bloody paint! :D

AdvanS13

Neo Member
what region are you guys in getting the paint chips for login? ive only got increased museum cards....not a big deal, but curious.

AdvanS13 said:
what region are you guys in getting the paint chips for login? ive only got increased museum cards....not a big deal, but curious.
UK here. Over the last 3 days the rewards have been 5, 6, and today 7 paint items and museum cards each.

Hanmik

AdvanS13 said:

EU Denmark... and I got 5 of each first day.. then 6 then 7.. haven´t been online since..

h3ro

Just a heads up, my log in welcome screen hasn't been mentioning the Paint Chips, just lets me know about the Museum cards, but when I check my Paint inventory, I have, indeed gotten the 5 or 6 chips as well.

Mechanical Snowman said:
UK here. Over the last 3 days the rewards have been 5, 6, and today 7 paint items and museum cards each.

For once NA is screwed and EU is getting the good stuff :D

I live in NA :(

AdvanS13

Neo Member
h3ro said:
Just a heads up, my log in welcome screen hasn't been mentioning the Paint Chips, just lets me know about the Museum cards, but when I check my Paint inventory, I have, indeed gotten the 5 or 6 chips as well.
ah? then maybe so. i started at 5, 6, 7 last night for museum cards. i guess clarify, i never get prompted along with the museum cards, that i am receiving paint chips as well.

FIX THIS KAZ!:lol

Has it ever been confirmed that if youre logged online, the tracks with weather change syncs with the real life counterparts?

Because yesterday Monza, La Sarthe and Nurburgring kept raining all day long but today all 3 are nice and dry ._.

Quick question about tyre durability - it says soft tyres are less durable but is this only something to worry about in B-Spec or during races with realistic damage?

And when they do deteriorate how do you restore them, just buy the tyres again?

offshore

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Has it ever been confirmed that if youre logged online, the tracks with weather change syncs with the real life counterparts?

Because yesterday Monza, La Sarthe and Nurburgring kept raining all day long but today all 3 are nice and dry ._.
I've noticed that tracks that were usually raining when you selected weather change are now all sunny :\

Want to race the Ring in the wet but it won't. I don't understand why you can't just select weather enabled tracks to wet or dry, sunny or night.

Maybe it's time for Fersis to tweet that to Kaz...

offshore

Wow, has the Thrustmaster PR been posted?

The T500 RS’s dual official GT5 and PlayStation® licenses are the result of this unique positioning, as Kazunori Yamauchi, CEO of Polyphony Digital and Senior Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., explains: “The goal that I set for the Thrustmaster team was to design for me the most precise wheel ever developed, without any latency – to accurately reproduce the sensations of GT5, and let users truly feel the emotions experienced by drivers on real racing circuits.”

The T500 RS will be available at HMV & Amazon from 5 th January at a suggested retail price of £449.99 (VAT included).
Jesus Christ.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-pedals-set-arrives-on-january-5th-at--449-99

Get ready to go far… very far…

London, December 23, 2010 — Thrustmaster® is pleased to unveil today the T500 RS wheel and pedal set specially designed for Gran Turismo 5: a racing assembly that lets gamers live the most realistic, powerful driving experience, with no compromises.

The T500 RS is a real driving simulator, combining power and precision. Thrustmaster has drawn from more than 20 years of expertise in racing wheels, with a single goal: to develop a wheel and pedal set that allows users to go as far as possible in the GT5 experience. The designers have taken into account the expectations of the most demanding gamers, while also adhering to the technical choices of the developers of this new opus in the benchmark car racing series. The T500 RS’s dual official GT5 and PlayStation® licenses are the result of this unique positioning, as Kazunori Yamauchi, CEO of Polyphony Digital and Senior Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., explains: “ The goal that I set for the Thrustmaster team was to design for me the most precise wheel ever developed, without any latency – to accurately reproduce the sensations of GT5, and let users truly feel the emotions experienced by drivers on real racing circuits.”

An infinite number of driving styles

Completely optimized for GT5, the T500 RS meets the demand for absolute realism. The first thing users will notice when setting it up is its weight: 4.6kg for the wheel, and 7.3kg for the pedal set. Another instantly visible feature is the omnipresent use of metal – for the gearshift levers, the wheel’s central spokes section (30cm in diameter) and the pedal set. This has required a mechanical design with no compromises.

Ergonomics was at the heart of the wheel’s development, with an eye on optimizing gameplay, performance and driving sensations. The sequential gearlevers mounted on the base feature large 17cm levers that are constantly accessible without letting go of the wheel. The wheel itself offers a remarkable 1080° rotation. These 3 full turns are also adjustable, thanks to a motorized stop, allowing the gamer choose the maximum degree of rotation according to the type of racing circuit and the car being driven. The spacing and height of the 100% metal pedal set is also fully adjustable and accommodate individual driving preferences by offering 2 positions: “floor-mounted” F1 style, or “suspended” GT style. The brake pedal has been given extra attention, with reinforced and adjustable resistance that lets users perfectly tailor their braking with near surgical precision, and which includes a removable mod. A textured foot rest, also crafted entirely of metal, completes the pedal set. Gamers will notice that having 3 pedals at their disposal not only enhances the level of realism, but it also gives them a taste of what’s to come with the addition of an independent gear stick, which will also be available from Thrustmaster in the coming months.

More power and precision to push the limits of racing

The T500 RS is a true racing simulator designed for the most die-hard racing fans: its power is unmatched, with Force Feedback effects relayed via a 65W industrial motor, providing 150mNm at 3000 RPM. The Force Feedback mechanism is vigorous, fast-acting and extremely responsive. While the power is potent, the integrated large dual-belt system ensures backlash-free and smooth behavior.

Fans of even the most intense racing experience know that power alone does not allow them to achieve the best performance. With this in mind, the T500 RS provides total precision which never decreases over time. The T500 RS employs the same technology developed for the world’s latest benchmark flight stick, the HOTAS WARTHOG™. The magnetic sensor-based H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™, is incorporated into the wheel’s steering mechanism. As a result the wheel is super-precise with 16-bit resolution and 65536 values on its steering axis.

With this wheel and pedal set, users will go farther than ever before in the thrill of the ultimate GT5 experience. Get ready for an extraordinary ride…

· The T500 RS will be available at HMV & Amazon from 5 th January at a suggested retail price of £449.99 (VAT included).

Melfice7

Mechanical Snowman said:
Quick question about tyre durability - it says soft tyres are less durable but is this only something to worry about in B-Spec or during races with realistic damage?

And when they do deteriorate how do you restore them, just buy the tyres again?

Yeah it only matters in b-spec as of now, you restore them by pitting and changing tyres on races

You will never need to buy new tyres

Melfice7 said:
Yeah it only matters in b-spec as of now, you restore them by pitting and changing tyres on races

You will never need to buy new tyres
Oh great, thanks!

Thrakier said:
So which GT-R should I buy for seasonal?
I just (like, 1 minute ago :D) golded it with a Spec V, all weight reduction modifications and a customisable transmission.

Now in the 2 million club.

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
"You cannot have any more than 20,000,000 credits."

Wtf?!
Well what are you actually planning to do with all that money? seems like you got all the nice cars. :p trophy for it is unlocked too.

Buy me a 908 HDi FAP please :p

Melfice7

Goldrusher said:

Wtf?!

Yup i knew that, i was planning on getting 20M and spend it all to get the penniless trophy but i think it was expy that came out with an evil plan to get the trophy without all that hassle :D

avaya

What have they done to the S-license? Complete joke, just golded all of them easily! Can not believe IC-10 was orders of magnitude harder than any of the S tests.

EDIT: Goldrusher, you ledge, for old times sake, give us an R10 ;)

expy

Banned
Melfice7 said:
Yup i knew that, i was planning on getting 20M and spend it all to get the penniless trophy but i think it was expy that came out with an evil plan to get the trophy without all that hassle :D
:D

Goldrusher said:

Wtf?!

That reminds me of GT PSP. I was wondering why my credits stopped at 99m then I got the error message that I've reached my limit.

I got so pissed off I went on a shopping spree till I was broke lol :p

Goldrusher

h3ro said:
buy GAF some presents. :D
Alright.

jan 01) h3ro / .... (let me know what you want)
jan 02) viper / Peugeot 908 (Team Peugeot or Oreca ?)
jan 03) avaya / Audi R10
jan 04) LabouredSubterfuge / Mazda 787
jan 05) Niks / Lexus IS-F (I assume the racing concept ?)

That's it though. :lol

Goldrusher said:
Alright.

jan 03) avaya / Audi R10

Shit, should have got in on this :D

Firewire

Banned
Shit, I get the 20,000km ticket or whatever for a free car and it gives me a a piece of shit 150bhp Toyota. Like I need another 150bhp shit box, I have like 40 of them already. :lol

avaya

Goldrusher said:
Alright.

jan 03) avaya / Audi R10

LEGEND! YOU LEGEND!

expy

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Alright.

jan 03) avaya / Audi R10

I'll get that one Gold, I've got a spare.

Niks

Goldrusher said:
Alright.

jan 03) avaya / Audi R10

Really?!
Awesome!

Yes the racing concept is just fine!

The Chef

30 hours in and I have to say I just love this game so much. I know there are some odd UI decisions but the most important thing the racing is pure sex. I cant imagine that people that are putting this as their most disappointing game this year are real fans. if the updates are any indication PD is going to be giving me enough reasons to play the game for a long long time. Anyway long rant but love the game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Melfice7 said:
What's the alternative plan?

plainr_

offshore said:
Wow, has the Thrustmaster PR been posted?

Jesus Christ.

$600 is too much for my blood. If they sold just the wheel for $300-350 and let me use my G25 pedals I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I really love that stationary paddle shifter design.

ev9cuw.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goldrusher said:
I didn't know about the limit.

The message popped up after a B-spec event.

Buy me a Formula GT, plz. Sitting here grinding to 21 to do Like the Wind in A-Spec is Torture given they only give you 500-1000 at a time.

Top Bottom