• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most annoying avatars on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruHero

Banned
RustyNails said:
Careful with your generalizations. Y2Kev is a moderator and he has Drake in his avatar.

Oh yeah, I've seen Y2Kev on the Gaming side. All the mods here seem far better than the mods on other forums (gamespot especially). I was just remembering from when I lurked, how crazy the Gaming side (NPD threads) was back then. More often than not, it was someone with a KZ2/Uncharted/GT/LBP avatar making the thread(s) interesting.

Edited my above post a bit. (not that it matters)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thanks for clearing that up guys. As for which ones I find annoying:

1. visually offensive, poorly designed avatars. That's most of them.

2. memes and fads -- those paper cut-outs things, Community, Selena Gomez, et al; not all "annoying," just boring and un-original. That's almost everything else.

Personally, I like ones that represent the poster's character. And I'm not talking role-playing here, I mean genuinely representative. Mine says "I'm from KC and I sometimes schmuckily point out semantic (or flawed, racist, ignorant, etc) problems with your argument. And then I point it out over and over and over and over and over until you get banned."

What does your say about you??

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like cycled avatars, as long as they keep the same theme. That's what I went for with mine. What do I hate? The goddamn tongue one. I hate it.

Szu

PantherLotus said:

Hmmm, I think that should be a new thread right there. Just in time too, we haven't had a new avatar thread in the past two hours.

Sunflower said:
I like cycled avatars, as long as they keep the same theme. That's what I went for with mine. What do I hate? The goddamn tongue one. I hate it.
I've wanted to tell you for a while that I love the Brotista avatar.

ResidentDante said:
oKmRD.gif
leZHE.gif
2ceke87.jpg
sSayc.gif
SNSD-CHIEFS.gif
YF0g8.gif
15dmce0.gif
leSTy.gif

What the fuck is cool about asian women making a complete idiot of themselves making childish looks?
3 and a 1/2 of those Avatars have the same awesome chick in them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Professor Beef said:
I've wanted to tell you for a while that I love the Brotista avatar.

Thank you! He was the finest douchebag of all douchebags. :D

Masked Man

I said wow
PantherLotus said:
Please tell me mine hasn't been mentioned. I remember a time when people called it "classic." Then SNSDGAF took over.

Yours is fine; the "problematic" ones are like animated MySpace pictures.

Ok after a quick glance of this thread, I've come to the conclusion that I am gonna need an avatar blocking plug-in for Firefox. Can someone please suggest a good plug in for this purpose? I seriously don't want to be distracted by terrible avatars anymore while browsing GAF.

It's worth to note here that 40% of my GAF viewing is done with the "secondapps" iPhone's mobile (Safari) app.

Anyway to block avatars there too?

Thanks

(._.)

Banned
ResidentDante said:
oKmRD.gif
leZHE.gif
2ceke87.jpg
sSayc.gif
SNSD-CHIEFS.gif
YF0g8.gif
15dmce0.gif
leSTy.gif

What the fuck is cool about asian women making a complete idiot of themselves making childish looks?
embarrassing collection, burst out laughing when I saw all of these lined up.

This thread is funny to me.
Also most anime and J and K popstar avatars have me take what ever post they belong to with a grain of salt first sign of fanboyism. Same goes for sports related avatars. And Pedo ones like this:
2ujsfmd.jpg

ResidentDante said:
2ceke87.jpg
sSayc.gif

Seeing these 2 beside each other is tripping me the fuck out.

So what about mine. I was thinking I might want to do something different with the stir/whip thing...but I dunno, it seems like an important part.

ResidentDante said:
I don't get the obsession either.

Although I do admit I like this one.
SNSD-CHIEFS.gif

It has more to do with what she is doing rather than the fact she's asian.

wetwired

Yeah discotheques douche producer one, I hate it but find it strangely hypnotic

Also any avatar with some "cute" japanese or korean girl acting like a 5 year old at the camera

wetwired said:
Yeah discotheques douche producer one, I hate it but find it strangely hypnotic

Also any avatar with some "cute" japanese or korean girl acting like a 5 year old at the camera
What? Disco's av is amazing BECAUSE the guy is a douche.

MetalAlien

Banned
ResidentDante said:
oKmRD.gif
leZHE.gif
2ceke87.jpg
sSayc.gif
SNSD-CHIEFS.gif
YF0g8.gif
15dmce0.gif
leSTy.gif

I'm going to quote these again because I like them - all. Plus I'm going to add this one.

gogo.gif

The only one I can tolerate is Panther's and the girl clapping. The rest are just... It reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons when Homer discovers the internet for the first time, and creates a homepage full of animated gifs. :l

homer-s-web-page-o.gif

Enosh

hmm seems like no one mentioned me so far
there are 2 possible reasons for that

a) no one finds my avatar annoying
b) no one rememberes my avatar

^^

stupei

PantherLotus said:

I agree that this is the more interesting thread topic.

To me at least mine says that I'm sometimes that annoying girl who points out when people are wrong or making asses out of themselves (and maybe sometimes I'm too eager to do it) and can be overly earnest at times, but with mostly good intentions.

You know, a typical Gryffindyke.

G-Fex

practice02 said:
This thread is funny to me.
Also most anime and J and K popstar avatars have me take what ever post they belong to with a grain of salt first sign of fanboyism. Same goes for sports related avatars. And Pedo ones like this:
2ujsfmd.jpg

She's a woman now

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
stupei said:
I agree that this is the more interesting thread topic.

To me at least mine says that I'm sometimes that annoying girl who points out when people are wrong or making asses out of themselves (and maybe sometimes I'm too eager to do it) and can be overly earnest at times, but with mostly good intentions.

You know, a typical Gryffindyke.

I made love with this post. Since you're into it, check out the article by joe posnanski about taking his daughter to harry potter world. Don't read it in front of other guys.

Why For?

Banned
I hate B!TCH's avatar.

Thank fuck his/her Tinypic account is over it's limit. Fucking HATED that avatar.

But there's plenty of avatars I only hate because the poster is a fuckhead. Not because the actual avatar is annoying.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
practice02 said:
Okay but clearly the appeal is that she looks like she's underage. It's the same pervo appeal as the harry potter girl. pervy is pervy either way you slice it.

Please don't start this. You don't have the panache to not get banned for it. And your avatar fucking sucks.

G-Fex

practice02 said:
Okay but clearly the appeal is that she looks like she's underage. It's the same pervo appeal as the harry potter girl. pervy is pervy either way you slice it.

Then Justin Beiber is the biggest pervert in the world.

G-Fex

PantherLotus said:
His stupid point is that you're not a pervert until you're over 18, then attraction stops.

I know I'm having fun with him. Though Selena technically is the pervy pedo who likes young boys

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
G-Fex said:
I know I'm having fun with him. Though Selena technically is the pervy pedo who likes young boys
What the fuck is going on in your avatar, G-Fex?
The black & white-ish one with the creepy-ass mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom