• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Heres a map of the items and enemys for Normal Mode. If theres an errors let me know...i worked on it last night so I was kind of tired. I"ll finish up hell mode later today

fhUrI.png

Room 1
Key Item - Screwdriver
Ammo - Handgun Ammo + 5
Hallway 1
Key Item - Shotgun
Green Herb
Room 2
Ammo - Shotgun Shells + 2
Room 3
Green Herb
Hallway 2
Ammo - Handgun Ammo + 10
Room 4
Ammo - Handgun Ammo + 5
Hidden Item - Ammo - Hand Gun Ammo + 10
Hidden Item - Ammo - Hand Gun Ammo + 5
Small Room
Key Item - Supply Scanner.
Hidden Item - Key Item - Custom Parts
Hidden Item - Ammo - Shotgun Shells + 3
Hidden Item - Green Herb

4f1fe.png

Walkway
Ammo - Shotgun Shells + 3
Ammo - Hand Grenade + 1
Hidden Item - Ammo - Hand Grenade + 1
Room 1
Hallway 1
Hidden Item - Ammo - Shotgun Shells + 2

HeVV6.png

Room 1
Green Herb
Ammo - Handgun Ammo + 10
Hidden Item - Key Item - Custom Parts
Bridge
Hidden Item - Green Herb

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does Revelations have an easy babby mode, because I'm utter crap at old-style RE games.

Fezan

I am still amazed how good this game look even compared to Nintendo own titles .If portable games such as these which have production value and content better than most console games i am willing to pay the high price

Wolfe

Is babby the all new meme on GAF right now?

You're the first person I've seen mention it anytime recently. /shrug

I am still amazed how good this game look even compared to Nintendo own titles .If portable games such as these which have production value and content better than most console games i am willing to pay the high price

While I understand your opinion I don't feel like that's the right attitude one should have about these things, although I'm sure the publisher would love hearing you say that :p

I do agree the game looks great but I don't feel there's any reason they should be charging more than 40 for it, what's next RE:6 costs 70 dollars due to a "premium gaming experience" or something equally ridiculous? I'm personally holding off buying it until I can snag it for 40 or less (I missed out on the Amazon pre order price so I'll wait).

Did a quick run on Hell Mode. I feel like I'm missing some stuff and I cant get a good count of the zombies in the elevator on the second floor. The third floor in Hell Mode Is the same as in normal mode.

plW2B.png

Room 1
Key Item - Screwdriver
Ammo - Hand Grenade +1
Ammo - Handgun Ammo +5

Hallway 1
Key Item - Shotgun

Room 2
Ammo - Handgun Ammo +10

Room 3
Ammo - Shotgun Ammo +3

Hallway 2
Green Herb
Hidden Item - Ammo - Shotgun Ammo + 5

Room 4
Machine Gun
Hidden Item - Ammo - Machine Gun Ammo +40
Hidden Item - Ammo - Shotgun Ammo +3

Small Room
Key Item - Supply Scanner.
Machine Gun Ammo +30

CBuFM.png

Walkway

Hidden Item - Ammo - Handgun Ammo +10
Hidden Item - Ammo - Machine Gun Ammo + 30

Room 1
Ammo - Shotgun Shell + 3
Ammo - Machine Gun Ammo + 40

Hallway 1

Ammo - Machine Gun Ammo +40
Hidden Item - Ammo - Shotgun Shells + 4

Play time
sUX90.jpg

Effect

I'm not a big RE fan but I did enjoy Mercenaries. The little of RE: Umbrella Chronicles I've played (still need to finish that) I did like. I also enjoyed the RE:R demos (the latest one and the one that came with Mercenaries). The episodic nature makes it seem like it could be more appealing to me, the smaller chunks. Though I'm wondering if I should perhaps wait for it to drop in price if I'm having any worry about how much I'll like it. It's already a bit more expensive then most 3DS games. Don't want to waste any money. The game looks great but buying a game based on it's graphics doesn't sound like a good idea and it's not something I've done before.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
At this point, the only game I've constantly felt I NEEDED the 3D on was Mario 3D Land.

one of the big annoyances in MH is landing short with swings - i do it a hell of a lot less on the 3DS because the perceivable Z buffer makes it so.

Ultimately none of the games truly need it but i personally find it adds something to the games and acts as a nice differentiator from the Vita.

Famassu

When it comes to the CPP, I'm not really getting it (only) for Resident Evil: Revelations, which plays quite fine even with out it. I'm mostly interested in it because games like Kingdom Hearts 3D (hopefully improved camera control) and Kid Icarus use it.

sfried

When it comes to the CPP, I'm not really getting it (only) for Resident Evil: Revelations, which plays quite fine even with out it. I'm mostly interested in it because games like Kingdom Hearts 3D (hopefully improved camera control) and Kid Icarus use it.
Kid Icarus uses it...for left-hand mode. Don't expect dual analog controls for that game.

Pushmo, but also PES due to the larger field view. And Pilotwings.

In Oot e Revelation imho the 3D adds a lot in terms of atmoshpere

Yeah, haven't tried Pushmo. Is it worth checking out?

Pilotwings 3D just felt wrong and made me feel like my head was splitting. Only title that has done that.

Ken

How is the game with the stick add on? I'd prefer ordering from Amazon over Gamestop, but if the stick makes it that much better I might consider switching. Are the controls just like the ones in Mercenaries 3D?

WhyMe6

Goddamn, Hell Mode killed me so quickly after I ran out of ammo :(

I died in the dining room...it's so hard! I missed the elevator bit!

This game is amazing. My ideal play mode is sitting on a spinning office chair, 3D on, gyro controls - it's so absorbing and atmospheric moving around in first person with gyro and 3D (which, if you use an office chair, works incredibly well).

Using the scanner in first person + 3D kinda makes it feel like I'm in one of those handheld video camera horror movies - it's just mindblowingly immersive. I love it and can't wait to get it!

I'll be grabbing this right after work tomorrow (small shop that always sells a day early), so if I'm not busy I'll try and post some spoiler-free impressions.

jonno394

Not really a bastion of gaming knowledge but the Metro daily newspaper here in teh UK gave RE:R 4 out of 5.

Didn't manage to read review but I assume the online version will update later today with it.

How is the game with the stick add on? I'd prefer ordering from Amazon over Gamestop, but if the stick makes it that much better I might consider switching. Are the controls just like the ones in Mercenaries 3D?

They're like Mercs 3D plus it gives you more options (gyro aiming, "Peace Walker"-aiming). Works absolutely fine without the second slide pad.

If they go through the pre-orders chronologically they deserve some kudos. It seems like the logical thing to do, but I noticed with Amazon of all places that an early pre-order means nothing to them.

If they go through the pre-orders chronologically they deserve some kudos. It seems like the logical thing to do, but I noticed with Amazon of all places that an early pre-order means nothing to them.

lol awaiting dispatch now ;)

The logical thing for them to do with this exclusive is make sure that they get those games out... makes sense if they want to drive sales for another exclusive etc

Then again its zavvi

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
For me, atleast, 3D adds a whole lot to the atmosphere. Really sucks me in. Not every single game needs to add to the gameplay (ie. Pushmo, SM3DL)
In general, 3D doesn't really add much to the gameplay. It's always been about the visuals and I do like it. I simply found the implementation here to be off. The environments themselves feel flat.

For such small environments, I would have expected more depth. Playing Skyrim with the Sony HMZ-T1, the most impressive areas in the game were all close quarters. It really felt as if you were in that world and could reach out and grab the objects. Really striking. I was hoping the similarly small environments of RE:R would convey similar feelings.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah, haven't tried Pushmo. Is it worth checking out?

Pilotwings 3D just felt wrong and made me feel like my head was splitting. Only title that has done that.

In Pushmo is definetly useful, maybe almost mandatory.
About the game itself, in my opinion is one of the best software for 3DS out there.
Pilotwings had a very "strong" 3D effect, but in general, putting it at a medium level, I felt really useful the perception of the Z axe for better landing.

In general, 3D doesn't really add much to the gameplay. It's always been about the visuals and I do like it. I simply found the implementation here to be off. The environments themselves feel flat.

For such small environments, I would have expected more depth. Playing Skyrim with the Sony HMZ-T1, the most impressive areas in the game were all close quarters. It really felt as if you were in that world and could reach out and grab the objects. Really striking. I was hoping the similarly small environments of RE:R would convey similar feelings.

For sure

I mean, the only time the 3D really felt, I dunno, cool or neat is when you're aiming in 1st person. Even with "very strong"
I've played the demo like 10 times of the 30 allowed and the 3D simply doesn't draw me in.

CoolS

Just FYI, just took a glance at a german gaming magazine called N-Zone in the store just now and they gave it a score of 88%.

Apparantly they liked most of it a lot, some cons were net not so great Story and the puzzles, which are pretty basic according to them. Oh and they said the game is around 10 hours and definitely a return to the roots for the series. And they loved the Raid mode!

kanugo

Finally received my gamesTM on the mail. Going to read their review.

I know I could read it on the "interwebs", but I like to read magazines reviews...on the magazine itself.

Top Bottom