• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covenant-cide: Kill *120* enemies in Firefight Matchmaking = 3200 cR

Just Holdout: Kill *1000* enemies on Holdout in Firefight Matchmaking = 3000 cR

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/ed332eb1-57e7-4be1-b1c0-e5ac659fb2c9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yikes hahah I know it has been discussed that 343 is ham-stringed by the baked in Dailys but you would think there has to be a simple IF THEN statement to prevent things like this from happening.

Havok

My issue is playability. I had to stop the Halo Reach campaign and go check my TV settings to make sure my gamma wasn't wrong. I shouldn't have to use the night vision mode *in the daytime*--hell, I just ended up keeping it on all the time because while it was grainy it didn't blow out like ODST's VISR and I got annoyed about having to keep turning it back on.
Err....you shouldn't have to with Reach unless something is seriously wrong with your setup. There are brightness options within the game...

Retro

Here's a question: are you more a fan of Bungie or a fan of Halo? (if you had to choose, without saying both)

Bungie, but only because I grew up using Macs so I got to experience stuff like Marathon and Myth in their heyday on the original platforms. Halo was originally developed for the Mac too (with a simultaneous PC port) before Microsoft bought up Bungie, it was even premiered at Macworld if I recall correctly.

I love Halo, don't get me wrong, but what really sold me on Halo was Bungie, not the other way around as I would imagine most Halo fans are.

TheOddOne

I meant it more as "what is more endearing to you"; the game itself or the company (community guys, their culture etc.)
For me personally it's both, their culture and games are so intertwined that you cannot have one over the other. If that makes any sense.

Played some matches today, damn why do people choose vanilla Reach? Goddammit random ass bullshit unfair crap !#$.

senador

Banned
Good, sooner is better.

The more pressing avatar crisis at the moment though is Plywood not having one at all. It's horrifying!

Oh he has one... ;)

Plywood's avatar: said:
image.php

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Good, sooner is better.

The more pressing avatar crisis at the moment though is Plywood not having one at all. It's horrifying!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=35adqIEBj9Y#t=4s
That sly devil.
Zw1Ez.jpg

He really shouldn't say such mean things about the colorblind.
QM8oT.png

I don't see--ooooooooooohhhhhhhh....

Still don't get it.
It's like the wind, you don't see it, but you feel it.

Anyone else not really put a lot of time into Anniversary? I ran through on Normal, beat a few levels on Legendary, and have gone for a few achievements but I haven't really replayed it like I thought I would. There are a lot of gameplay changes that make it hard to go back I think after so much time with the sequels.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Anyone else not really put a lot of time into Anniversary? I ran through on Normal, beat a few levels on Legendary, and have gone for a few achievements but I haven't really replayed it like I thought I would. There are a lot of gameplay changes that make it hard to go back I think after so much time with the sequels.

I play on Halo: Anniversary everyday since November 15th.

And sometime, I'm on Halo 3.

FyreWulff

I still haven't finished it, barely have any of the achievements, and only like 2 of the skulls and terminals. I'm not in a real rush to finish it off, it's a game I've played to death (and still have the GonD version on my HDD), so I can just ration it out. I wanted to do the game in co-op for the entire first run through and my schedule and my co-op bro's schedule just sort of misaligned there.

I'm actually following the same strategy with Skyward Sword. I knew I was going to be real thin on money so I'm just kind of slowly going through CEA, Skyward Sword, and Gears 3, because I really have no idea what game I'll be getting next and when.

It has nothing to do with caring about credits. Just because I don't care about credits doesn't mean I can't notice when something is obviously ridiculous.
Even at the times Bungie handled the whole stuff, there were massive difference between the challenges. But now it occured on the same day. Yeah shit happens. We knew already that the challenge system had its problems. It's just a confirmation.

Edit. 1: Is there an article how the challenge system works? Are they random-based or what?

I played Anniversary a lot. I think I invested 55hours with the game till now. I love it. Yeah I like the new graphic, I love to see the Master Chief's armor in the Cutscene, and the terminals still let the story fanboy out of my heart.

FyreWulff

Even at the times Bungie handled the whole stuff, there were massive difference between the challenges. But now it occured on the same day. Yeah shit happens. We knew already that the challenge system had its problems. It's just a confirmation.

Edit. 1: Is there an article how the challenge system works? Are they random-based or what?

I thought it was the names/description texts and what can be used for a challenge that were set in stone, they can still change amounts/payouts and when they show up. It should be noted that I don't think we've ever seen Firefight challenges for either Installation 04 or Unearthed. Then again, Unearthed and Installation 04 never got DLC achievements either - I guess nobody was interested in setting up new hooks for those maps.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My copy is still sealed.. :(
If you guys don't want your copies...

neoism

Started a co-op DAY 1 Legendary run with my cousin like we do with every Halo release..... stopped at the beginning of The Library. I haven't played it since lol.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Has the Halo: Primordium audio book been released?

Anyone else get a major Spielberg vibe from CEA? Halo CE was a bit more quake/doom-ish, and it's not really starting to dawn on me until now (mostly in the speed and soundfonts that were used for the music), but now that everything's so much brighter and the music's orchestrated, it gives it a bit more sense of lone "wonder" rather than some of the darker, more "Rock Anthem For Saving The World" sort of vibes. It's even basic things, like Rock in a Hard Place's guitar solo sounding retro now (ironically the original had much more modern-sounding rock), or knowing about the Flood rather than it being a spoiler, or even the Plasma Pistol giving off a Mass Effect-style lens flare when fully charged.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone who hasn't should seriously try the Binary Domain demo, so fun taking apart the robotic enemies with the pistol.

edit: Oh hey MP is out a day early for the ME3 demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom