• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
2055533915.png

66108854.png

I joined because of Sai. I remember being on Twitter and the Vidmaster achievements for H3 were trending so I clicked and saw he completed them and asked him for help.

Years later I was accepted and now you're STUCK with me!

I joined because of you. And only you (suck it biggy).

Tawpgun

I joined because blinding would not shut up about gaf posts during Halo 3's reign.

Then I got in before him. But he doesn't post anyway.

My junior wave was best junior wave.

These GIFs have made me realize how much I love the look of the Spartans in H4. It's not about the armor designs, some of that stuff is... questionable, at best. But the look of the models is just so vibrant and bright looking, like in Halo 3, but better. They just really pop and look great, which is especially refreshing after every character in Reach looking like they spent the past six months under a sandblaster.
Yep I love the colorful desgin too. :)

Oh shit. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

daedalius

If the Light Rifle combines the best aspects of the BR and DMR, I imagine it will be a map pickup pseudo-power weapon. Like a 'better/best' rifle.

Spawnling

What I understood is everything about ranks isn't decided yet.

Saw this from someone that went to RTX

Just talked to frank about a ranking system and he said we'll see something before the release date and the ranking system they'll have won't be visible to other players. It should be visible to you, but only you. He said that they are trying to prevent cheating but still have a ranking system to find matches but the bragging rights because it promotes more cheating

Is this legit?

EDIT: Apparently Frankie has already already responded.

senador

Banned
Yeesh, good catch. Maybe they'll fix the animation before launch.

I could see them not though. That means they'd have to have a spot to pull it out of which may also not exist or not be feasible with all thr different armor. It's also add several frames to the process making it longer overall. It's something you won't really notice unless you are doing a slow motion playback or something.

u4iX

I really hope Pro Vision isn't as powerful as it looks.
Considering we've only seen about half of the Armor Ability sandbox, I'm going to reserve judgement on it, without clamoring on in video after video and post after post about it's pros, cons, weaknesses, and how to balance it in a game that is still currently in the process of being balanced.

a zoojoo

Banned
Considering we've only seen about half of the Armor Ability sandbox, I'm going to reserve judgement on it, without clamoring on in video after video and post after post about it's pros, cons, weaknesses, and how to balance it in a game this still currently in the process of being balanced.

I think a good way to restrict it is make it more like, what Frankie said, a sonar, in essence, it think it should give you a temporary glimpse of the players last known postition, and have it fade out as time goes on, and therefore you have to focus and play better to use the AA to it's full potential.

IHaveIce

Banned
So... With this influx of new juniors... Would anybody be down in bringing back HaloGAF customs?

Dani?

Pls?

awesome idea.

Huh people talking why they joined? Joined because of the hilarity of E3 threads in 2009 I think (or was it 2008?) don't know and then I discovered the Halo threads and read them. Kapow

Oh I think I still have some points, probably spend them on Halo 4 stuff (Scattershot for your avatar pls)

Frankles did the CA folks added some new FW pieces to the enviroment you showed or it was just retextured pieces? some pieces also looked bigger than Reach's.

Considering we've only seen about half of the Armor Ability sandbox, I'm going to reserve judgement on it, without clamoring on in video after video and post after post about it's pros, cons, weaknesses, and how to balance it in a game that is still currently in the process of being balanced.
I would not say that we have seen the half of it. I think we saw about 75%. Or I hope.

u4iX

I think a good way to restrict it is make it more like, what Frankie said, a sonar, in essence, it think it should give you a temporary glimpse of the players last known postition, and have it fade out as time goes on, and therefore you have to focus and play better to use the AA to it's full potential.

I think the cooldown time would be the simplest way to balance it without reworking the entire mechanism through which it's in the game. I imagine recoding or reworking something like that in the game could be a major time issue.

I would not say that we have seen the half of it. I think we saw about 75%. Or I hope.

I think we've seen Pro Vision, Thruster Pack, and Hologram.

We know of Active Camo, Auto Sentry, and Jet Pack.

I'm praying for a "Force Push" that pushes players and grenades back, as well as softening fall damage and allowing for extra jump height a la grenade jumping when aimed at the ground.

I think the cooldown time would be the simplest way to balance it without reworking the entire mechanism through which it's in the game. I imagine recoding or reworking something like that in the game could be a major time issue.

I'm praying for a "Force Push" that pushes players and grenades back, as well as softening fall damage and allowing for extra jump height a la grenade jumping when aimed at the ground.

Nah, that'd be too cool.

Risen

Which means the only logical thing to do is remove it. That would be the least drain on resources and provide the most "bang for the buck".

a zoojoo

Banned

Yes, that was my thought also, i don't think we'll see it change too much from now to launch, but anything they can do to limit the strength of that, will ultimately create a more balanced game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom