• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita reviews are in

VanWinkle

PSU

9.5/10

This compelling, imaginative adventure is the best LittleBigPlanet yet and breaks new ground in a hybrid space of touch-and-button-based gaming that is only possible on PlayStation Vita.

IGN

9/10

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is the definitive LittleBigPlanet game. It's everything you loved (or possibly didn't) from the past games boiled down into a package you can play anywhere at any time.

Polygon/The Verge

9/10

LittleBigPlanet Vita is the best thing on the Vita to date, a perfect fit formed between the hardware and the franchise. But it doesn't just succeed on a conceptual level; it's polished, addictive, and precious. In every imaginable way, LittleBigPlanet Vita is a knockout.

Destruction

8.5/10

LittleBigPlanet is finally at home on the PlayStation Vita. This is where it belongs.

TheSixthAxis

8/10

Without the community aspect and the clever side games, this wouldn’t score nearly as highly. But as a whole, and with the potential for some absolutely brilliant things in the future? It’s a great package – expect big things.

Joypad.dk

94/100

Little Big Planet Vita is a fantastic acquaintance, a game that really uses your Vita in every possible way. Camera, touch screen, gyroscope, everything is being used in this game. It is a game that really shows what a Vita can when the developer uses the machine's many functions. I highly recommend anyone who owns a Playstation Vita to buy this game.

Edge

9/10

Semi-regular iterations were never going to make a game as singular as LittleBigPlanet feel like part of the cyclical release grind, then, but there’s still something rather surprising about how thoughtful and vivid this latest instalment is. If you’ve been writing the series’ Vita appearance off as a compromise or a contractual obligation, you’re in for something of a treat. That 5 inch OLED screen is a chance to see Media Molecule’s staggering achievement afresh, and to witness one of this generation’s most intriguing engines of creativity at its most energetic and effective.

Videogamer

8/10

LittleBigPlanet Vita is a lovely game. It's the kind of game that you'd be happy to show your mum, safe in the knowledge that everything - even the death - is safe for delicate eyes. That's fine. I'm happy that there are still some games that aren't full-on in their depiction of violence. LBP Vita's problem, though, is that behind all this loveliness there needed to be a bit more grit.

OPM UK

9/10

Could this be the killer app that Vita’s been crying out for? It’s a slice of gleefully inventive oddness that’s certainly sated our appetite for sackboy on handheld – and it’s very nearly perfect.

CVG

9.2/10

Simply the best version of LBP on any format.

Big props to Tarsier/Double Eleven. A few of the reviews are saying it's the best LBP ever.

Majine

Banned
Wow, those are some killer scores. Unfortunately, I think I've had my fill of LBP until they drastically change the formula.

Still baffled at how good this looks. Handheld graphics just keep impressing me. It's even more impressive then when the PSP came out.

Vitacat

I never bought a LBP before (not owning a PS3 probably explains that), but plan to buy this for my Vita.

OK, I'd better leave now, I can hear the Vita trolls coming to explain why this game is meaningless and the Vita is doomed, doomed, doomed.

KalBalboa

Banned
Killer app confirmed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I was on the fence about the Vita when it got announced, even at the $250 price point. That all changed the moment I played Little Big Planet Vita at a Vita Hill event in Boston early this year. It's the single reason I had to buy the console- I can't wait for this.

Here's a question for everybody: download or retail LBP Vita?

olimpia84

I really, really want this game but the wallet is tight. Come on Newegg, give me another one of those coupon codes for $10 off

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
The beta proved to me that the Vita is a perfect home for LBP, glad it has come to fruition in the full game. This will have pride of place on my memory card so I can play it whenever or wherever I am, roll on release day.

Pillville

I love everything about LBP except the floaty jumping. It somehow makes every level feel like an underwater level. I'm buying this game day 1 anyway.

I was on the fence about the Vita when it got announced, even at the $250 price point. That all changed the moment I played Little Big Planet Vita at a Vita Hill event in Boston early this year. It's the single reason I had to buy the console- I can't wait for this.

I would have downloaded it, but got a sweet deal from the Buy 2 Get 1 Bestbuy sale. Still, considering selling my retail copy to buy digital. LBP's one of those games that should be on the card at all times.

Impressed by the EDGE 9. Looks like a solid title. And good for the devs, seeing thier past history. Way to make a huge splash. I didn't know Mm worked on it though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Indeed, isn't that banned or at least frowned upon?

Also considering how poorly PSP LBP did with a much larger install base I'm expecting almost nothing out of this title.

Well, the first one wasn't too good. I mean it was a good effort but the physics and stuff felt... off. This is closely replicating it's bigger brothers. I dunno, I could see it selling well. Is it a "killer app?" I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Everything they've shown so far and the cross-buy-cross-"play" of the outfits just shows they're taking MediaMolecules torch and running with it pretty good.

Duffyside

Banned

Kindred spirits, I say!

... Except I didn't even need to play it. I'm that good.

Thoraxes

Glad to see the good scores. Got a $30 Newegg order a few months ago, so I'm looking forward to this.

I passed on LBP2 just because the timing of the release wasn't good for me, but this seems to be great for my commutes and general play.

anddo0

Not surprised by the scores. I only pray that it sells.

Glad to see the good scores. Got a $30 Newegg order a few months ago, so I'm looking forward to this.

I passed on LBP2 just because the timing of the release wasn't good for me, but this seems to be great for commutes and general play.

Got it for $29.99 as well. My 32gb is near it's limit. It's time for Sony to release a 64gb.

KalBalboa

Banned
Indeed, isn't that banned or at least frowned upon?

Also considering how poorly PSP LBP did with a much larger install base I'm expecting almost nothing out of this title.

The Vita is better suited for LBP than the PSP was for a lot of reasons, namely the PSN infrastructure on PSP being almost nonexistant. The touch controls alone make this the best LBP I've played and allow it to offer something no other LBP game did before. The pedigree wasn't hampered one bit either, and having an infinite amount of portable games on your Vita is a really, really cool proposition.

The PSP game got the job done, but this excels.

mclem

My memory card's fairly full. Any word on how much I need to clear out the fridge to get the download version of LBPVita onto it?

bryehn

So, does this actually have a new story (preset campaign at least), or is it just a re-hash of lbp 1-2 stuff?

Download imo for platformers and puzzle games, stuff you might just want to switch on without needing to invest much time in.

I mean changing a card takes like 20 seconds but thats 20 seconds you'll never get back :p

Top Bottom