• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita reviews are in

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, does this actually have a new story (preset campaign at least), or is it just a re-hash of lbp 1-2 stuff?

New story, I think, since it's taking LBP2's "engine"/physics and stuff and adding the touch-screen and motion controls to it. Gotta show those off in the singleplayer.

KalBalboa

Banned
Download imo for platformers and puzzle games, stuff you might just want to switch on without needing to invest much time in.

I mean changing a card takes like 20 seconds but thats 20 seconds you'll never get back :p

How big will this be? I remember reading ~2 gigs. I'd need to delete Escape Plan or some music off my 16 gig... or finally spring for a 32. All those downloaded levels are going to add up.

The beta was really good, and allows for some great touch-screen minigames. There was one level in the beta that had me thinking "if I they put this on PSN for a few bucks, I'd buy it".

Carl

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I was on the fence about the Vita when it got announced, even at the $250 price point. That all changed the moment I played Little Big Planet Vita at a Vita Hill event in Boston early this year. It's the single reason I had to buy the console- I can't wait for this.

Here's a question for everybody: download or retail LBP Vita?

It is defintely the sort of game i want available at the tap of a finger all of the time. And therefore i will be downloading it.

Apparently they're doing a blog post this week about preorder bonuses with download version, so...

Zia

I was positive that this was going to be a complete piece of shit.

~brb reevaluating life

Likewise. I'm very protective of LBP and don't like how they keep putting out boxed sequels rather than iterating on a digital platform. It's a very dated model, and divides the community. That said... looks like I'm getting a Vita.

tusken77

Always seemed like a perfect fit for the Vita, so happy to see all the great reviews it's receiving. Touch screen goodness and visually looks absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, it has it's own story.

Very impressed by the demo on the JP Vita PSN (had a ton of fun snapping pictures while out and about and designing stuff with them!) -- that combined with a lower-than-normal MSRP in Japan make this a day-one for me. (A week from tomorrow in Japan!)

Vitacat

It is defintely the sort of game i want available at the tap of a finger all of the time. And therefore i will be downloading it.

Apparently they're doing a blog post this week about preorder bonuses with download version, so...

Oh?! O_O

If true, I will go digital. About time PSN started adding some value to the digital versions of Vita games in general. The prices are certainly high enough (mostly higher than retail, in NA at least), and we sure don't get anything besides the file to call our own.

Ramune

That's great to hear and just what the Vita needs. Original campaign, taking MM's ideas and expanding upon them without them being out of place. Congrats to everyone involved, and hope it pays off!

patsu

W00t W00t ! As expected. The LBP concept is also a natural fit for touchscreen.

Like the idea of the developer perfecting a game mechanics on other platforms, and bring it to Vita. Mutant Blobs also benefited from its predecessors, before they made a "perfect" one for Vita. If other ports do this too, I'd be elated.

patsu

From Sterling on Destructoid:

LittleBigPlanet is finally at home on the PlayStation Vita. This is where it belongs.

That about sums it up.

IMHO, LBP has a lot more potential and depth on a multi-sensor, portable touchscreen gadget. Would be great if they have LBP various themes (Outdoor, Sciences, Our Body, etc.). The built-in physics and integration with camera and other optional sensors should be very fun.

If they have really fixed the controls, then it would be perfect. Even better if they make LBP Lite player for iOS/Android to play the user creations. Or at least create a Youtube channel + website integration just for LBP creations.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looking fantastic.

I've heard that the jumping is a bit more refined in this one (less floaty). Is there any truth to that?

I'll be buying it for sure.

Just a shame that no game seems to give the Vita the boost it needs and I doubt this will either. This is the perfect game for the Vita, so hopefully it does well.

Saroyan

Happy to see this is getting good scores, I also have a $30 preorder at Newegg so I'll be able to see for myself next week.
The Little Big Planet games have been a big hit with my 7 year old daughter, she asks me all the time to play co-op with her. I would have gotten this game regardless, but it's great to hear that its a worthy sequel.

KalBalboa

Banned
Griffin McElroy from Polygon:

LittleBigPlanet Vita is the best thing on the Vita to date, a perfect fit formed between the hardware and the franchise. But it doesn't just succeed on a conceptual level; it's polished, addictive, and precious. In every imaginable way, LittleBigPlanet Vita is a knockout.

I know I'm cheer leading here... but it's refreshing to see so many people looking at this as a home run.

VanWinkle

Yeah the Memorizer sounds like one of the biggest features for me. Could truly make games like an app store would, since it will save your progress and whatnot on the created games if the creator chooses to put that feature in.

Top Bottom