• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita reviews are in

Some of the comments about this lbp version providing the vita with "unlimited games" kind of bug me... The advanced user created games are definitely impressive, but i think 90% of them play like shit compared to the games that inspired them. The flower level is the prefect example, it's incredible that somebody got that working, but god damn it was a monstrosity to actually play on it's own merits.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do you add levels to your vita version? Is there a website you can go to, or gaffers can post URLs? Will those links work via the Vita built in browser?

Hanmik

how do you add levels to your vita version? Is there a website you can go to, or gaffers can post URLs? Will those links work via the Vita built in browser?

I think you use www.LBP.me. they will add the game there when it launches..
On the start screen for LBP Vita, there is a link to lbp.me, so that should be where you get levels.
But in general it looks exactly like the community thingin LBP2. Cool picks, editor picks, etc.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
You can just search for them in-game, as Hanmik said.

lbp.me will also work with the Vita version. So you'll be able to share links to levels and queue them up. Once queued they will show up in your game and you just have to select them from your queue.

The site will work with the PS Vita browser. I know! I was surprised as well! :)

maverick40

incredible stuff, MM should hand the franchise over to Tarsier and Double Eleven now. Let MM work on the Tearaway franchise and their new IP.

Sintoid

LBP.me is now only for PS3 but no doubt it will work with Vita levels too. There's soundshapes.com that works already with Vita browser and it's quite similar to lbp.me.
By the way wasn't supposed to be on the works an official app for Android/Ios to see levels and make download queues?

Hanmik

I just made a stupid level yesterday.. was just going for a trophy.. but I got so addicted that I forgot about time.. the level is still crap, but damn it´s fun to mess around with the editor.. And nice that Stephen Fry compliments me all the time.:!

BUT I noticed a bug.. every other game I have played on the Vita, when the battery level on my Vita was low it would warn me. But not when I played LBP Vita. Suddenly the battery was just dead, and the Vita shut down.. no warning whatsoever.. that is an annoying bug.

Man

incredible stuff, MM should hand the franchise over to Tarsier and Double Eleven now. Let MM work on the Tearaway franchise and their new IP.
Would not be surprised if Tarsier & DE are already at work on LittleBigPlanet PS4.

I also wonder if LBP, LPB2 & LBPVita concludes this pool of level sharing. Maybe LBP PS4 will allow these levels to be played (but LBP PS4 created levels can't be played in older titles).

LBP.me is now only for PS3 but no doubt it will work with Vita levels too. There's soundshapes.com that works already with Vita browser and it's quite similar to lbp.me.
By the way wasn't supposed to be on the works an official app for Android/Ios to see levels and make download queues?

Not official, but basically does what you say for iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/app/lbp-hub/id526391848?mt=8

iuYhr.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OukmB2aGheI

Man said:
I also wonder if LBP, LPB2 & LBPVita concludes this pool of level sharing. Maybe LBP PS4 will allow these levels to be played (but LBP PS4 created levels can't be played in older titles).

That's already the case with LBP1/2. In 2 you can play levels made in both 1 & 2, but you can't play levels made in 2 when playing 1.

Strike

Kudos to Tarsier and Double Eleven. Hope it sells well. One thing has been bugging me for a while though, whatever became of the City of Metronome ?

wouwie

I'm not going to read the reviews (don't want to be spoiled) so i was wondering: how long is the single player campaign? Comparable to LBP2? Does it have a story mode with cutscenes like LBP2? How does it compare to the single player experiences of LBP1 and 2?

Hanmik

I'm not going to read the reviews (don't want to be spoiled) so i was wondering: how long is the single player campaign? Comparable to LBP2? Does it have a story mode with cutscenes like LBP2? How does it compare to the single player experiences of LBP1 and 2?

IMO.. the story is good.. I just wished it lasted a little longer. It has story mode with cutscenes and everything. The levels themselves are much better and requires a lot more thinking than the other games. I liked the story in the Vita version over the two older ones, mostly because of the characters you meet..! They have so much charm and humour..

I played a couple of official and user-made levels in Gamescom, and this really is bittersweet.

See, this game is proof that purely touch-based gaming is made obsolete when you add in some fucking buttons. The game just flows in a natural way as you control Sackboy with precise buttons and d-pads, then smoothly move your index finger to the rear-touch pad to launch him off jumping pads or solve quick puzzles within the environment.

Now apply this principle to every platformer on iOS and Android and they instantly become more playable.

But now the Vita is just about dead, and we're not going to see this expanded on in any way. Instead, it's back to imaginary buttons on the screen.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do they do preorder bonuses on digital downloads? Are they bringing preloads to Vita, or you just buy it within X weeks of launch?

Grinchy

Banned
Does online multiplayer support voice chat?

The first time I tried the beta, I was wearing my earbuds (that have a mic attached) and I was riding on a stationary bike. I was panting kinda heavily and had no idea my mic was on.

Some guy jumped into the level with me and was like "wtf are you doing, dude?" So yeah, the voice chat seems to work just fine lol

The first time I tried the beta, I was wearing my earbuds (that have a mic attached) and I was riding on a stationary bike. I was panting kinda heavily and had no idea my mic was on.

Some guy jumped into the level with me and was like "wtf are you doing, dude?" So yeah, the voice chat seems to work just fine lol

Hahaha. That made me crack up.

Jawmuncher

Oh man that made me laugh out loud.

I played a couple of official and user-made levels in Gamescom, and this really is bittersweet.

See, this game is proof that purely touch-based gaming is made obsolete when you add in some fucking buttons. The game just flows in a natural way as you control Sackboy with precise buttons and d-pads, then smoothly move your index finger to the rear-touch pad to launch him off jumping pads or solve quick puzzles within the environment.

Now apply this principle to every platformer on iOS and Android and they instantly become more playable.

But now the Vita is just about dead, and we're not going to see this expanded on in any way. Instead, it's back to imaginary buttons on the screen.

well, our hope would be ps mobile. any android game made for ps mobile will be playable on vita and it will support buttons

Great never played a LBP game (being a 360 owner). I might check it out since I get my paycheck soon (irrelevant).

Could this end up being the highest rated Vita game so far?

Duffyside

Banned
I've been calling this game Vita's killer app for what seems like over a year now, but now that the time to actually buy it is upon me, I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger. Do I really need more LBP?

Booted up LPB2 last night to give it another go. Maybe it would sell me on getting LBP Vita (because I do want to get it really).

Then I got to the grabbling hook bits on the introductory first world and god-damn it that thing is just infuriating to use. Maybe it's just me. I dunno. But having the length of the thing change with using the same stick you use to swing made it really hard for me to get the results I wanted. I kept missing sticker bubbles because I just couldn't navigate the right way. Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong? Any hints you guys can give me?

Also, donkey show, is there a grabbling hook in LBP Vita and does it work in the same way as in the previous game? Please say yes to the first and no to the second. :p

Hanmik

I've been calling this game Vita's killer app for what seems like over a year now, but now that the time to actually buy it is upon me, I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger. Do I really need more LBP?

there will be a demo on the store when the game hits.. try the demo and make up your mind. ;o)

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Booted up LPB2 last night to give it another go. Maybe it would sell me on getting LBP Vita (because I do want to get it really).

Then I got to the grabbling hook bits on the introductory first world and god-damn it that thing is just infuriating to use. Maybe it's just me. I dunno. But having the length of the thing change with using the same stick you use to swing made it really hard for me to get the results I wanted. I kept missing sticker bubbles because I just couldn't navigate the right way. Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong? Any hints you guys can give me?

Also, donkey show, is there a grabbling hook in LBP Vita and does it work in the same way as in the previous game? Please say yes to the first and no to the second. :p

The answers are yes and yes, I'm afraid. :)

I agree that the grabbling hook isn't the easiest power-up to use, but with the control over length and swing direction on the same stick it's actually a bit easier to speed up than it would be otherwise.

This time we are not using it in the first level though. It gets reintroduced later and by the time you get to the trickier bits you should be quite proficient at swinging around.

codhand

Damn, I bought this at Vita's launch during a buy two get one from Best Buy, once this comes next week, I'll only have to wait for the vaporware known as Dragon's Crown.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm pretty sure most of the hardcore and talented LBP2 level creators will "Port" their popular levels to the Vita, and probably re-edit, improve upon that original design.

Either way, I can't fricking wait for this game. I've had it pre-ordered since last year, but I know it's not going to leave my Vita for a long time (retail for me).

This game is amazing!

While it's not perfect, the float feeling has been greatly reduced!

XOXOXO

That's always been my biggest gripe with the series. The touch screen support is so intuitive the game plays better as a result so far.

Still only 2 hours into it!

I can't way for Final Fantasy 7 HD! :p

Well thanks for stopping by. Next stop Wii U threads?

Seriously, the next person saying the Vita is dead should be given an original Xbox as his/her only console for 6 months, to remind him/her of the meaning of dead.

Personally, having tried both LBP Kart and LBP Vita, the latter is the one I'm waayyy more interested in.

Top Bottom