• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita reviews are in

Takuan

Well, the reviews are positively glowing. Now to see how much cachet LBP has with people who don't already own a Vita. I'm very eager to see what this can do for the system's sales; if kids latch onto it, it may be the game to bring it out of the dumps (which would be ironic, given Sony's intended audience). That would be great for the system, as it would legitimize the platform for devs and, perhaps, start a trend of "AAA" efforts on the platform.

SmithnCo

Holy shit. So excited for this. I try to finish up collecting stuff in LBP2 but I always think of how good it would be portable.

Sintoid

Ok Sony - well done, beta was great and final game everybody says it's great too. Now please do your job for just one time: marketing, a lot. Bundles, special offers, TV Ads and gadgets...

Sackboy and Vita deserve it

v0mitg0d

I've played through it and just had a blast! I'm not so sure I agree that it's the best LBP, as some reviewers are declaring, however it is a must-buy for Vita owners. Oh and building stuff with the touch screen is pretty great.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! :)

BTW for those interested. I'm giving away a free copy of the game (soon-ish) on my Twitter feed cuss I <3 yew.

https://twitter.com/heymarkd

BTW to answer some questions: this is a DD code, not a boxed retail version.

Is anyone else just done with this series? I loved LBP 1, and even by the time LBP 2 came out a bit of fatigue was setting in. Now, I know this game is going to be great, but I just don't know if I want to play it again for the 3rd time. Maybe if I were more into creating content, but I just don't have the drive to play another user generated 1-1 again as cool as it was the first time. Anyone not buying this even though you really want something to play on your Vita?

Cyberia

Great reviews as expected.

EDGE: That 5 inch OLED screen is a chance to see Media Molecule’s staggering achievement afresh, and to witness one of this generation’s most intriguing engines of creativity at its most energetic and effective.

Wat

Vitacat

Sold my Vita.

...crap.

I will never understand why some people buy a brand new, expensive launch system only to sell it a few months later at a ridiculous loss because it doesn't magically have an extensive catalog of AAA games.

But hey, it's great for people looking for good deals on used systems.

Haliela

I will never understand why some people buy a brand new, expensive launch system only to sell it a few months later at a ridiculous loss because it doesn't magically have an extensive catalog of AAA games.

doh.gif
I know I feel like an idiot.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

You and me both.

I'll buy a system within the first 6-12 months because it has games that I'm already interested in during that first 6-12 months.

I didn't get a 360 until Mass Effect and Bioshock hit because I had no interest in the year one titles (including Gears of War; just not a fan of the series)

In the case of the Vita, Uncharted, Rayman, wipEout, SSD, and Mutant Blobs sold me on the system day one. All of these other Vita games that have released since that I enjoy (ie, Unit 13, Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes, MGS HD, Ragnarok Odyssey, LBP, etc), and the upcoming list of games that look hot, are what kept me interested.

Now that I have some of my favorite PS1 games on my system (Castlevania: SOTN, Alundra, Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger, etc), I have so much to play on my Vita that I'm constantly jumping between titles during bus rides and breaks.

I never sell a system until the new one comes out and it happens to have BC, so I no longer need the old one. Buying something day one (or near enough to it), only to sell it shortly after because of some kind of impatience with the software rollout is baffling to me.

yurinka

Big props to Tarsier and Double Eleven. The beta was awesome and the reviews confirmed it. Day 1.
Day 1. But I have one question?

Native-res, or sub native-res?
The beta looked better than you think. So the final game will look just awesome. Don't worry about that.

Ok Sony - well done, beta was great and final game everybody says it's great too. Now please do your job for just one time: marketing, a lot. Bundles, special offers, TV Ads and gadgets...

Sackboy and Vita deserve it

Sony confirmed at Gamescom a Vita+LBP bundle for 249&#8364;

Chesskid1

Banned
i feel dirty for getting this for $30 when newegg was running that special

because this is infinitely replayable. can't wait to play it.

GeoramA

Good to know LBP is in excellent hands outside of MM :)

Will pick this up when I get the AC: Liberation bundle this fall.

consoul

EDGE: That 5 inch OLED screen is a chance to see Media Molecule’s staggering achievement afresh
Wat
The LBP concept was and always will be Media Molecule's achievement. This new iteration of it from different devs on a different platform is another chance to reflect on what an acheivement it was. That's what EDGE are getting at.

As good as this looks, I don't see why people are thinking this is going to move a ton of Vita units. It'll probably be one of the best selling Vita games, but if Uncharted can't move the Vita, LittleBigPlanet definitely can't.

VanWinkle

As good as this looks, I don't see why people are thinking this is going to move a ton of Vita units. It'll probably be one of the best selling Vita games, but if Uncharted can't move the Vita, LittleBigPlanet definitely can't.

I don't think anybody's doing that. LBP is popular, though, so it's natural for us to say we hope that it will sell some units.

Duffyside

Banned

I agree, but the Vita does have a potentially good holiday lined up; LBP, P4 Golden, AC, CoD. If that lineup gets decent marketing, and the Vita is still dying on the vine, then it's O . V . E . R .

patsu

Probably futile to compare Uncharted vs other games in moving hardware. They are very different games. Plus, there could be other contributing factors to sales.

So is the title of the game just LittleBigPlanet - PSVita?

Makes it sound like it's a port of the first game o_O.

For gamers, I think they would have an intuition that LBP is more suitable for a touchscreen device than a traditional gamepad. It is quite natural that LBP becomes more associated with Vita than PS3.

Well, the reviews are positively glowing. Now to see how much cachet LBP has with people who don't already own a Vita. I'm very eager to see what this can do for the system's sales; if kids latch onto it, it may be the game to bring it out of the dumps (which would be ironic, given Sony's intended audience). That would be great for the system, as it would legitimize the platform for devs and, perhaps, start a trend of "AAA" efforts on the platform.

I think that is a very optimistic view of the game's impact on the system. I'm not sure if LBP has the drawing power to encourage people to spend $300 + in order to play it....

patsu

I think that is a very optimistic view of the game's impact on the system. I'm not sure if LBP has the drawing power to encourage people to spend $300 + in order to play it....

Glad Vita earns a quality game. I suspect it needs to be combined with other incentives to drive hardware sales.

Probably futile to compare Uncharted vs other games in moving hardware. They are very different games. Plus, there could be other contributing factors to sales.

For gamers, I think they would have an intuition that LBP is more suitable for a touchscreen device than a traditional gamepad. It is quite natural that LBP becomes more associated with Vita than PS3.
Is LBP still a thing though?

Ken

When does this come out?

I'll probably pick up a copy for my brother since I know he'll enjoy it (and get the platinum for me).

Top Bottom