• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn, forgot I had to do that later.

Gotta train Olivia, Lissa, Maribelle, and Avatar for Galeforce children. :<
I realized that the avatar is a great pair up parterre for everyone since as long as they have an a with the avatar even a weak unit can get an assisted kill

14 more levels for gale force for Olivia all the children with gale force

Jachaos

What the hell !? There's a skill I don't understand, but beware, endgame spoilers :

So I had cleaned the whole room of Validar's minions and was preparing to finish him off (after Basilio made his entrance and after defeating him the first time around, at the top of the map). I packed every one together, and then calculated who could hurt him and then finish him. Decided to go with My Unit+Maribelle paired together and they took about half his health away. I then could've finished him off with Donnell but decided to send Lucina+Chrom because it seemed fitting. She goes Aether, leaves him with 2HP and then he turns around and does Vengeance and drains all her health (60HP). It said he would deal her 29 damage ! The skill says it adds half to accrued damage. So how did it go along ? I've restarted the chapter now so now spoilers later than this fight please

Mupod

Man I know I don't need to grind but something breaks in my head with SRPGs and I need to create an army of supersoldiers. Or at least one really mean thing.

For Morgan I'm thinking

Sorcerer with Aversa's Night forged to the max
Armsthrift
Vantage
Miracle
Gale Force
Vengeance

I guess you'd need something horrifying like this for Lunatic+ though. Streetpass trolling would be funny if anybody turned it on.

chrono01

I'm working on getting Galeforce on Lissa now [she's a Level 17 Pegasus Knight and am waiting until Level 20 to Promote her to Dark Flier], then I'll focus on Maribelle and Olivia. Olivia shouldn't be too bad, since she's already a Level 17 Pagasus Knight, but Maribelle will take a while.

Thankfully, I chose a male MU, so by marrying Tharja [that Yandere, hee hee!] it will give her child availability to every class regardless, so that's one less person I need to train to a Dark Flier for Galeforce. Sumia will pass it down naturally to both her children [married to Chrom], and I have Donnel + Nowi/Gaius/Sully already married, which means Nowi/Sully's children will get it as well [male-only Fighter Class is automatically switched to Pegasus Knight for females].

Man I know I don't need to grind but something breaks in my head with SRPGs and I need to create an army of supersoldiers. Or at least one really mean thing.

For Morgan I'm thinking

Sorcerer with Aversa's Night forged to the max
Armsthrift
Vantage
Miracle
Gale Force
Vengeance

I guess you'd need something horrifying like this for Lunatic+ though. Streetpass trolling would be funny if anybody turned it on.

Lol I've been doing this just so I could :p I'm so mean

I'm working on getting Galeforce on Lissa now [she's a Level 17 Pegasus Knight and am waiting until Level 20 to Promote her to Dark Flier], then I'll focus on Maribelle and Olivia. Olivia shouldn't be too bad, since she's already a Level 17 Pagasus Knight, but Maribelle will take a while.

Thankfully, I chose a male MU, so by marrying Tharja [that Yandere, hee hee!] it will give her child availability to every class regardless, so that's one less person I need to train to a Dark Flier for Galeforce. Sumia will pass it down naturally to both her children [married to Chrom], and I have Donnel + Nowi/Gaius/Sully already married, which means Nowi/Sully's children will get it as well [male-only Fighter Class is automatically switched to Pegasus Knight for females].

I personally think only a few of the children benefit from gale force a lot since some of them already have great skills they get accessed to
Edit:
Damn double post again sorry

SaberVulcan

Man, this first DLC map. Trying to raise up Donnel and I just can't do it with all the NPCs running around killing my steals.

Im trying to level up Donnel too... and on that note, is it worth leveling up him to level 20 as a Villager even if it takes a lot longer?

chrono01

I personally think only a few of the children benefit from gale force a lot since some of them already have great skills they get accessed to
Edit:
Damn double post again sorry

That's true, but I feel obligated to get as many as possible with the Skill, considering how incredible it is. :)

Im trying to level up Donnel too... and on that note, is it worth leveling up him to level 20 as a Villager even if it takes a lot longer?

No, there's really no point. Level him to 15 [for his Second Skill as a Villager] and then Re-Class him to a Mercenary. Then, from there, to Hero [when you're able].

Enjoy your Godly character.

That's true, but I feel obligated to get as many as possible with the Skill, considering how incredible it is. :)

No, there's really no point. Level him to 15 [for his Second Skill as a Villager] and then Re-Class him to a Mercenary. Then, from there, to Hero [when you're able].

Enjoy your Godly character.

Donny ain't godly he's a utility lol man I feel bad :-/

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
So Gamestop person tells me they won't ever have anymore retail copys of the game only digital. They also said it was made by Capcom. How did that person get hired again?

Soulhouf

Why in the world I get a random team every time I street pass somebody? Now I have many of them standing on my world map and they are tough to beat.

Why is it better to promote your characters at 15 instead of 20?
Don't they get additional boosts from those 5 levels?
In this game there is. a infinite amount of exp
And it's usually for starter classes promote at Lvl 10
Promoted units at ll 15 after they get there 2nd skill

How do you get a Berserker? Morgan is currently a Fighter right now and I'd love to have a Berserker on the team since I've always loved them. If I can't, I figure I can just get another Warrior, but want to at least try to see how Berserkers are in this game compared to past Fire Emblems.

How do you get a Berserker? Morgan is currently a Fighter right now and I'd love to have a Berserker on the team since I've always loved them. If I can't, I figure I can just get another Warrior, but want to at least try to see how Berserkers are in this game compared to past Fire Emblems.

Reclass someone into a Barbarian.

Get the bandit class and then go from there

chrono01

Why is it better to promote your characters at 15 instead of 20?
Don't they get additional boosts from those 5 levels?
They do, but since there's no set of maximum levels, you don't really need to wait until the maximum level cap before promotion.

Plus, every time you re-class, levels are added to your cumulative level. The formula for this is:

current level -1[/2], rounded down

So if you re-classed at level 20, you would add +9 to your Cumulative Level [20 -1/2 = 9.5 = 9 rounded down]. If you re-classed at 15, you would add +7 [15 -1/2 = 7].

It's better to keep these levels low, since the higher they are the less XP you acquire from enemies. Keep in mind that when you Promote and then re-class, it increases the Cumulative Level by a nice bit [since Promoted Classes automatically have a Current Level of 20+]. That's why when you Promote someone and then re-class to a Base Class the XP gain seems so much slower.

I should also mention that there's a cap to the amount your Cumulative Level can reach. On Normal it's 20, Hard it's 30, and on Lunatic it's 50.

You'll never stop gaining XP permanently, it'll just decrease to a maximum of say...8 per enemy.

Moonlight

Banned
This is a sickness. I got this game on the 29th of January and my progress has gone laterally since Chapter 13. I just got
Cynthia
, who is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters in battle and out. I'm working on Galeforce right now with her.

Seriously, Aether on a Pegasus Knight/Dark Rider is god tier.

Noire
is also ridiculous, especially
since she inherited both Lifehunt and Vengeance.
The ridiculously good growths don't hurt either.

Ken

If you fought Risen on the World Map, they should have dropped items called a "Bullion". They come in Small, Medium, and Large, and each sell for different amount [Small = 1000 Gold, Medium = 5000 Gold, Large = 10000 Gold].

Check your Inventory/Convoy, chances are you have some to sell!

I thought buillon was an item you could eat...like chicken buillon, so I never thought about selling it. Thanks!

Are there any other items I should sell?

chrono01

I thought buillon was an item you could eat...like chicken buillon, so I never thought about selling it. Thanks!

Are there any other items I should sell?

You could try selling off your lower-class weapons, although I'd personally keep them in-case you re-class someone to a new class and need to it level their weapon proficiency.

You should be fine on selling the Bullions on their own. They seem to be gained [either from enemies or in chests] at a pretty frequent pace, so unless you don't go crazy with the spending, you should be okay. >:)

What difficulty are you on? If you're on Normal, you can buy a Reeking Box for 500 Gold, use it to spawn Risen on the map [they're always guaranteed to have at least one Bullion ], and then sell the Bullion for 1000 Gold. Rinse/Repeat as much as you want.

On Hard, though, the Reeking Boses cost 4800 Gold, so this can't be abused.

EEFBAIH.jpg

FINALLY!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chapter 11 on hard is destroying me. Curse you, Gangrel! I now share Chrom's hatred of you.

I promised myself I would do minimal grinding, but eff that. Time to hit that DLC chapter a couple of times.

On that note, I think I like having a male MU better. I do want to see the male Morgan, though.

Delio

This Galeforce grinding is pissing me off. I already screwed over Nowi and sully's kid from learning it anyways. My kid doesnt have it either but thats fine he does well without it anyways.

That is one sexy 3DS.

If it were a 3DSXL I would have absolutely purchased one, but I still have my launch 3DS. :(

I guess I'll hold out for the [eventual] Pikachu 3DS when it releases in NA.

You should've sold it! I sold my launch Ambassador 3DS for $170 on eBay!

Maximus.

Really loving the game so far. Quick question, I turned battle animations off to speed up gameplay, do you guys think its better to keep it on or just leave it off? I love the animations but I like playing the game fast. I do miss the awesome animations and character detail though....

KarmaCow

So if you promote a class, do you lose out on switching between unpromoted classes? So basically, should I try to get the skills from all the unpromoted classes before going up a tier?

chrono01

You should've sold it! I sold my launch Ambassador 3DS for $170 on eBay!

Haha, I won't lie, I was tempted! But I love my Ambassador 3DS. :(

My kid doesnt have it either but thats fine he does well without it anyways.

How does your child not have it? Or did you choose the female MU and not learn it prior to your child being born?

I'm just happy I don't have to deal with that. It's so much easier with a male MU, since it's automatically passed on [due to the Fighter Class changing to Pegasus Knight for all female daughters].

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So if you promote a class, do you lose out on switching between unpromoted classes? So basically, should I try to get the skills from all the unpromoted classes before going up a tier?

No, you can always go back by using a Second Seal. If they're level 10, or above in their promoted class, they can also switch straight to any other promoted class they have available.

This Galeforce grinding is pissing me off. I already screwed over Nowi and sully's kid from learning it anyways. My kid doesnt have it either but thats fine he does well without it anyways.

Like I said, I'm glad I'm not paying attention to anything when it comes to breeding down skills. :p

CSX

They do, but since there's no set of maximum levels, you don't really need to wait until the maximum level cap before promotion.

Plus, every time you re-class, levels are added to your cumulative level. The formula for this is:

current level -1[/2], rounded down

So if you re-classed at level 20, you would add +9 to your Cumulative Level [20 -1/2 = 9.5 = 9 rounded down]. If you re-classed at 15, you would add +7 [15 -1/2 = 7].

It's better to keep these levels low, since the higher they are the less XP you acquire from enemies. Keep in mind that when you Promote and then re-class, it increases the Cumulative Level by a nice bit [since Promoted Classes automatically have a Current Level of 20+]. That's why when you Promote someone and then re-class to a Base Class the XP gain seems so much slower.

I should also mention that there's a cap to the amount your Cumulative Level can reach. On Normal it's 20, Hard it's 30, and on Lunatic it's 50.

You'll never stop gaining XP permanently, it'll just decrease to a maximum of say...8 per enemy.

So promoted at level 20, then reclass at level 15?

chrono01

So promoted at level 20, then reclass at level 15?

What I would suggest:

- Re-Class at 10 [or 15, in the case of Donnel] in order to learn both Skills in each Class
- Promotion at 20

If any of the other Base Classes interest you, it might be better to wait to Promote until you gain the Base Class Skills you want first [just to avoid the massive 20+ Current Level jump that you gain when Promoting]. Otherwise, Promoting and then going back to Base Classes will make the process seem a lot slower.

My god Olivia is god like ince she gets gale force ... And she gets access to lethality or Astra?! Giving her a full run as a sword master and making her über dancer :) best support ever

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
By what chapter must Chrom be married?

End of 11, I think?

The only way the game can really screw you over here is if

A) Chrom has no supports with anyone

or

B) All his supports get married off to someone else

In which case he will marry a nameless village girl. Nameless doesn't pass on any skills or traits, and is really boring. No supports, no
sibling character for Lucina
, no nothing.

For the people with money problems if you have a Leif's blade give it to Donny after promoting him to mercenary and enjoy your steady flow of cash.

Mr. Fix

You don't really have to worry about the female children getting it from the parents since they'll have access to the Dark Pegasus class.

I'm sorry guys, but Donnel just isn't worth it.

Lies! I promoted him at level 10 (I didn't really feel like I'd need his 2nd Villager skill) and he started beasting as a level 1 mercenary.

Jesus Donnel is terrifying when you actually level him up. I was just getting him a couple levels to pass down Armsthrift or something to his kid but as a level 8 mercenary statwise he's already just about caught up to Chrom. Who is now a Great Knight on his third reclass. I didn't even know you could get +2 to a stat on level up until now.

Damn, my Chrom's ass on this playthrough. Level 20 pre-promoted and his STR is only at 14. :I

Okay, I want to make marriage pairs that end up being as good for the children as possible, right now all I know is:

Chrom x Olivia
Donnel x Sully

Any suggestions for the rest of the cast would be awesome

Ketch

I just lost the first pagasus knight you get (sumia?) during some random side battle before ch 4. she had most of her hit points but died with one shot anyway... =/ ahh well, I hadn't ever used her before so I guess it's a case of don't know what I'm missing so it doesn't bother me. I'm just surprised she died so fast, I figured she'd be a bit beefier being a mounted knight and all.

I just lost the first pagasus knight you get (sumia?) during some random side battle before ch 4. she had most of her hit points but died with one shot anyway... =/ ahh well, I hadn't ever used her before so I guess it's a case of don't know what I'm missing so it doesn't bother me. I'm just surprised she died so fast, I figured she'd be a bit beefier being a mounted knight and all.

If she was fighting an archer, that'll explain why since bows deal triple damage against peg knights and she doesn't start with that much defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom