• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
I'm thankful for:

* Gilbert Arenas
* GOP, minority party
* Jackie Chan
* Jane Austen
* Dr. Katz, Season 2 on DVD
* Those three Blur albums when they were the new Kinks
* Harry Hutton
* Ian Wright
* Backdoor strikes
* Living in a peaceful, orderly country where I can spend my time caring about all that stuff.

What are you thankful for?

Wes

venison crêpe
This is the turkey thing for you guys right?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Donono

David Blaine's gonna try and get some lucky people a shopping spree at Target by suspending himself in the air in a gyro. I'm not sure how he's going to do it, but he is.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Everything I'm thankful for is pretty boring.

I'm thankful for the ability to pursue higher education.
I'm thankful for my beautiful wife.
I'm very, very thankful that she is carrying my child.
I'm thankful to be on better terms with my parents than I have been in over a decade.
...for lots of great games to play, books to read, music to listen to.
...that, while I certainly have things to stress about, my life is relatively care-free compared to most people in the world.

...hmmm, yeah, that's all I can think of. No witty finisher, I'm afraid...I'd just **** it up.

Wes

venison crêpe
Teh Hamburglar said:
Do you want to come eat with us, British people? We can share (after a $5 per plate charge)

What's the exchange rate on that? Also, what's for dinner?

ShutEye

I had the good fortune of enjoying NYC thanksgiving weekend festivities last year. Good fun.
A little different than the austere celebrations we Canadians have in October.

Happy Thanksgiving USA!

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
echoshifting said:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Everything I'm thankful for is pretty boring.

I'm thankful for the ability to pursue higher education.
I'm thankful for my beautiful wife.
I'm very, very thankful that she is carrying my child.
I'm thankful to be on better terms with my parents than I have been in over a decade.
...for lots of great games to play, books to read, music to listen to.
...that, while I certainly have things to stress about, my life is relatively care-free compared to most people in the world.

...hmmm, yeah, that's all I can think of. No witty finisher, I'm afraid...I'd just **** it up.

Thankful for the EXACT same things...

h1nch

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I am thankful for the following:

- For having absolutely awesome parents. They are the benchmark for which I will tailor my own parenting skills down the road

- Like someone else said, for having the ability to pursue a higher education.

- For being employed by a good company full of friendly people who make it fun to come to work everyday

- For all of the delicious food that I'm about to destroy in a few hours

- For being born in a country where opportunities are endless, such as taking the opportunity to play video games all day :D

Triumph

Banned
I, for one, am thankful that I have apparently recently found a woman who will put up with my shit. She's pretty damn cool.

Other things I'm thankful for:

-John Smoltz and Chipper Jones, for kicking ass and taking less money to play for the Braves.
-These bad ass pumpkin spice cookies my ladyfriend made for me.
-My family, even though I can't be with them today due to geographical constraints. They've been real supportive of me in the whole "quit my decent paying job because I hate it and need to figure out what's going on" phase here.
-The American people, who finally woke up and realized that the Republicans were a bunch of corrupt a-holes. Or, at the very least, didn't deserve to be in power anymore.

Wes said:
What's the exchange rate on that? Also, what's for dinner?

Turkey
Stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Pumpkin Pie
Sweet potatoes
My Aunt Patsy's recipe for mashed potatoes (it includes a stick of velveeta cheese, cream, all whipped in potatoes. Its mind blowingly good, but so unhealthy you should really only eat it once a year)

And served while watching a game of football, and then playing a game outside with the family. Then sleeping for digestion.

All of which I am thankful for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom